Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 13 - Quick Clips

• Facebook
  • Display
    After watching the crowd on 2k when I've finally reached the playoffs, I retract my previous support for the NCAA crowd . In Dallas, I was greeted with a few thousand simultaneously waving towels, a complete blue-out and a rambunctious group of fans that was into the entire game from the tip to the final buzzer! The regular season crowd was good and fun, but the playoff crowd was amazing! I've simply never been so pumped to play a game. If 2k had starting lineups, the pregame alone would be the best part of any sports game I've ever played. But back to the crowd. The noise was "deafening". Every score for them was total elation, and every score from me was a dagger into their collective hearts... until the final minute and a half, at which point I had finally put the game away and the crowd was just disappointed. You can feel the direct and correct intensity and the urgency from the crowd! And THAT is what NCAA is missing most. It made my win most sweet!

Now, that being said, I am interested to see a crowd from a team that had a visit from EA last season and got mic'd up. I don't believe USC was in that bunch and it seems to me that the EA team might be infusing the proper crowd (more than just adding the stadium chants) into their own stadiums here over the next couple years. It's obvious that the USC crowd was worked on a little bit, especially after the td, but it's also obvious that it's not what they promised when they said it will sound "totally different". So I am withholding further judgement until I hear a place in which an actual recording took place. I still think my previous points stand from my last post about it though.

Also, I think EA needs to consider doing something like 2k does with their playoff atmosphere because College Football is seemingly ALWAYS a playoff atmosphere! A White out and a black out or Orange-out or whatever the solid color (at least for the student section) would be simply incredible. Not for every game but for certain games to add flare. Add some pom-poms, clackers, rally towels and cow-bells to the proper stadiums (even if it's just for pregame presentation) and OMG! Seriously, I didn't think it was that important or different until I played that playoff game yesterday, but it really made the game I was playing special in a way that was as close to real life as a game has taken me. I can't even wait to play again...

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    yep....its just not something you can actually initiate with a button press.
    Correct. You can see at the end of this Highlight from '12 the HB does the Chomp

Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    No kidding, there are tons of examples of real lack of class at and by O$U fans. Not sure why he picked that one.
    Knew that was coming
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    No kidding, there are tons of examples of real lack of class at and by O$U fans. Not sure why he picked that one.
    I hate OSU fans as much as you do, and MSU and Notre Dame. The last two for coaching reasons...

Quote Originally Posted by Little Steve View Post
    I hate OSU fans as much as you do
    Psst ... Austin secretly likes me. He just doesn't admit it anymore.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    The Gator chomp is actually still in the game I believe, along with the seminole wave and the USC Victory symbol. I think TCU, Arizona State and some others also have their gestures in the game still.
    I know EA's SNAFU'ed version of the Cougar Paw is still in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Knew that was coming
    Naturally.
    If it didn't, either send the paramedics or retreat to your bunker after checking out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Steve View Post
    I hate OSU fans as much as you do, and MSU and Notre Dame. The last two for coaching reasons...

Although I think Jeff is a closet Nebraska fan because he's sane, rational, and civil. O$U fans.....not sane....or even civil......incredibly irrational.

I know why you don't like the last two. LOL.
    MSU fans? Bandwagon. Dantonio is a petty, unprofessional tool.
    Kelly is just a freak, afraid the guy's head is going to explode someday.

Helllloooooooo EA Sports USC got a major jumbo-tron upgrade at the Coliseum last season. I'm talking MAJOR, it's about as wide as a football field. Where is it?? How do you miss something like that? That will be a major bummer for all USC fans.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by tko27 View Post
    Helllloooooooo EA Sports USC got a major jumbo-tron upgrade at the Coliseum last season. I'm talking MAJOR, it's about as wide as a football field. Where is it?? How do you miss something like that? That will be a major bummer for all USC fans.
    Clearly, it was added after EA finished their stadium upgrade rounds.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    One thing i find funny about UC in the game. Is that when you score, cowboys fire the cannon. Its in ohio wtf are cowboys doing their??? What happens in real life is, a bunch in army guys fire the cannon, and do the amount of pushups as UC has points. I want them to keep it in the game though, i get a kick out of it every time... lol

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Yep. If I remember right, stuff like that was taken out in the first place because the NCAA demanded it, and it'll be a freezing cold day in hell before the NCAA would let EA add it back.
    Your gonna see the youtube responce alot guys....he's right but still

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6U2cNu9tEM
    Best i could find

he gives non sequitur an entirely new meaning..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    he gives non sequitur an entirely new meaning..
    fail on ur part if you don't see Y i posted that.

Quote Originally Posted by tko27 View Post
    nah, I still am fascinated with the old Coliseum quite enough really.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Yep. There's a whole list of reasons why it's not in. EA didn't get a chance to go to USC and re-scan the stadium with the scoreboard added (they do have 123 other stadiums to work on), they didn't get the approval/ok from the school itself as to what they wanted to do with the scoreboard in the game, or they didn't get the approval from USC in time for NCAA 13. Maybe they don't need to scan the stadium for a simple scoreboard update, but just didn't have time to get it added this year (again, they have 123 other stadiums to work on). The actual reason why the jombo-tron isn't in NCAA 13, who knows, but if that's the biggest concern for USC's stadium, that's minor compared to other stadiums in the game and stuff that has been missing in the past.

New clip featuring Maryland & Michigan

Last edited by cdj; 05-24-2012 at 12:39 PM.

Lol, wtf is the DE doing on that read? Bubble screen may have the dynamics improved but that was NOT the clip to show (minimal gain). The passing is better but the DB's look...um..."confused" is the only word that comes to mind. I dont like critiquing before playing the game since you can't really get a feel for the gameplay from these clips. I just thought those were kind of obvious.

Question for CD guys regarding the read option QB animation. In that WIP clip when did the CPU return control to the user? I mean was the QB forced or controlled to take that route it should've been cut up field immediately past the outside shoulder of the LT after he decided to keep it like a real-life option QB would. Part of the reason I hated running QB Wrap, Read Option, Speed Option, QB Blast, QB Draw, and QB Power is the lack of control the user has at the start of those plays(mostly the stuck in the mud animations but also the fact I wanted to cut another direction only to be controlled by the CPU for a few yards then I get control too late to cut inside or outside into space).

That was much better than last week. I still really can't tell a whole lot about the game but I liked the idea of showing specific examples of gameplay changes. Very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk