View Poll Results: What is your favorite announced Dynasty Improvement?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Studio Updates

13 22.03%
  • Dynamic Recruiting Pitches

12 20.34%
  • Scouting

10 16.95%
  • New Phone Call System

4 6.78%
  • Web Improvements

0 0%
  • ESPN Bottom Line Ticker

4 6.78%
  • Triple Threat Athletes

13 22.03%
  • Improved Transfer Methodology

1 1.69%
  • Other

2 3.39%
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 13 - Dynasty Mode Improvements

• Facebook
  • Display
    One big disappointment for me - JB mentioned that if a recruit has something as low and my grade is low, I get no points or negative. but this bothers me. If a kid has proximity to home as low and I'm far enough away that my proximity to home grade for him is low then I shouldn't get hit with negative points. We actually match up with that pitch so I should be able to pitch it to him and get points.

Any news on medical redshirts??

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    One big disappointment for me - JB mentioned that if a recruit has something as low and my grade is low, I get no points or negative. but this bothers me. If a kid has proximity to home as low and I'm far enough away that my proximity to home grade for him is low then I shouldn't get hit with negative points. We actually match up with that pitch so I should be able to pitch it to him and get points.
    No... the kid says it's not important to him at all so when you mention it, it would be a "whatever man... that doesn't matter to me". He's not going to say "oh, your school sucks at academics? good because I don't want to go to class so I'll sign with you".

Quote Originally Posted by Hustleman View Post
    No medical redshirts.

I understand, and agree in some cases with what you're saying. However, "Low" for Proximity doesn't mean the kid necessarily wants to move far away, it means it doesn't matter one way or the other to him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

I see your point, but I also think you may be viewing his low grade incorrectly. In that example, I don't think it means he wants a school far away - it's that he doesn't give a damn where your school is. Your coach (where the school is far away) is talking to a player who doesn't care about the grade at all. There could probably be a slight rework for the grade to reflect the player wanting to go to a school far away, but as-is I think it should be viewed as the topic at-large, not necessarily the exact location of the school. This is probably a good discussion to revisit on launch day when we post the feedback threads for 14 and get some discussion on some of the recruit pitches and points allocated.

Quote Originally Posted by Hustleman View Post
    I don't think they made it in. If so, it would be news to us.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Yes, from my understanding, the break-ins will indeed know about that sort of thing specifically. One thing to keep in mind though, if your game kicks off at noon and the other game kicks off at 6pm, then you won't receive notifications about it.

No, you won't see highlights. It has to do with building those and essentially to build it, they'd have to load all of the other game's assets (stadium, uniforms, rosters, etc.) in order to generate those. Currently, something like that would either require a huge load time during your game or would really slow down advancing week to week to generate that media.
    #1 Cool

#2 I figured that would be the answer but IMHO it would be worth the additional load time (unless we are talking hours each week). Perhaps, an answer could be found by requiring or adding an optional load to your hard drive. I believe The Show has 2 different options to load and 1 helps with load times for things.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    #2 I figured that would be the answer but IMHO it would be worth the additional load time (unless we are talking hours each week). Perhaps, an answer could be found by requiring or adding an optional load to your hard drive. I believe The Show has 2 different options to load and 1 helps with load times for things.
    My best guess is that for every game that it wanted to create a highlight from, it would add that a similar amount of time that you have when you're loading a game to play (let's say 60 seconds). The problem is that it also means that you could potentially be creating 12 different highlights (assuming you only show one during each user game) so that means roughly 12 extra minutes during each week's advance period. That's a lot of time compared to the current time of around 2 minutes or so I believe.

I'm sure there's other ways to go about doing it but that's the first idea that comes to mind for me.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    My best guess is that for every game that it wanted to create a highlight from, it would add that a similar amount of time that you have when you're loading a game to play (let's say 60 seconds). The problem is that it also means that you could potentially be creating 12 different highlights (assuming you only show one during each user game) so that means roughly 12 extra minutes during each week's advance period. That's a lot of time compared to the current time of around 2 minutes or so I believe.

I'm sure there's other ways to go about doing it but that's the first idea that comes to mind for me.
    Yeah I'd be willing for one video highlight per game if it just added a minute to my 2 minute load time. Personally, 2-4 video highlights per game would be ideal just to keep a nice flow.

It's pretty rare that you get negative points. More than likely you'll get somewhere from 0-6. If you keep talking about it though, you may get in the negative.

For some CD guys who may know, I have a question referring to the in game updates in reference to the online dynasties with users involved. To my knowledge, we will still receive studio updates during our games, correct? If so, my next question is if my game is at 12:00pm, and another user has a game at 6:00pm, will the games played across the country during my time be updated accordingly? For example, if I am Alabama, and Auburn plays Florida at 12:00pm, will it update me of that game during that time, or other games similar to that? Then if the other user plays his game later or at the same time as me, will scores update based on what time his user game is played at?Does all that makes sense? I know it seems a bit confusing, but I'm interested in how games will update when different users have games at different times. What would happen if we had games at 12:00pm and 6:00pm?

Yes they should match up with the time accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by beartide06 View Post
    For some CD guys who may know, I have a question referring to the in game updates in reference to the online dynasties with users involved. To my knowledge, we will still receive studio updates during our games, correct? If so, my next question is if my game is at 12:00pm, and another user has a game at 6:00pm, will the games played across the country during my time be updated accordingly? For example, if I am Alabama, and Auburn plays Florida at 12:00pm, will it update me of that game during that time, or other games similar to that? Then if the other user plays his game later or at the same time as me, will scores update based on what time his user game is played at?Does all that makes sense? I know it seems a bit confusing, but I'm interested in how games will update when different users have games at different times. What would happen if we had games at 12:00pm and 6:00pm?
    I would say to make sure you listen to the EA podcast tomorrow. When I asked Deuce's question earlier, it was made clear to me that they plan to go into detail about how these presentation elements are handled for TB teams AND in ODs with USER games.

I think all of us can try to answer you but in the end, your best bet for understanding how it will all work and WHY things will work the way they will, is to listen to EA break it down for ya.

Kwizzy, do you know what time the podcast is tomorrow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 months is far too long now.... This new dynasty stuff has me chompin' at the bit. And I gotta say, to the couple of you that call this fluff and say you're "unimpressed", you are totally wrong. This is a huge undertaking by the team, not to mention will add a ridiculous amount of replay value amongst all dynasties. The recruiting changes and the progressive dynasty "storyline" has been on our wishlist (maybe not altogether formally but in most, if not all of our threads of things we want) for several years. Overhauling recruiting completely and adding scouting is a pure game changer for all dynasty players, whether or not you admit it .

CC and Custom Conference will certainly be upgraded in the future but the most important thing is that they work without TFs this season. The storyline aspect of the game will now make those 2 parts of the game much more dynamic.

Question:
    Is there any mention of coaches to tie in with CC even more with Rece and Brad or is it just teams and players?

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Kwizzy, do you know what time the podcast is tomorrow?

No idea man, CDJ is usually on top of that stuff though.

Quote Originally Posted by beartide06 View Post
    I know it won't be "breaking" if 2 sets of games that are at the same time in game are being played at the same time IRL, that would be too sick. I would just hope that any user games that have already finished within your dynasty could upload the scores to your game and show it that way where appropriate. In other words if Kenny's game is before or at the same time as mine and he goes in and plays it before I start, I hope I can get those updates. If his game is after mine in game time than I hope I get the appropriate "to be played" ticker and if it's within 2 to 3 hr start time I hope I get the start of the updates, just like all other cpu games in that time span.

The only problem I forsee there is how the updates/ticker evaluates time in game. The game seems like it will evaluate based on the real time difference for cpu games in concordance with your game on a 15 minute quarter scale, but most user dynasties are only 7 or 8 minute qtrs. So I don't know how the cpu will account for that in the updates???

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    I know it won't be "breaking" if 2 sets of games that are at the same time in game are being played at the same time IRL, that would be too sick. I would just hope that any user games that have already finished within your dynasty could upload the scores to your game and show it that way where appropriate. In other words if Kenny's game is before or at the same time as mine and he goes in and plays it before I start, I hope I can get those updates. If his game is after mine in game time than I hope I get the appropriate "to be played" ticker and if it's within 2 to 3 hr start time I hope I get the start of the updates, just like all other cpu games in that time span.
    Unfortunately you won't see updates for user games regardless of when they are played. They had hoped they'd be able to implement it but the way that they store results from user OD games made it difficult to bring those into other games.
    The only problem I forsee there is how the updates/ticker evaluates time in game. The game seems like it will evaluate based on the real time difference for cpu games in concordance with your game on a 15 minute quarter scale, but most user dynasties are only 7 or 8 minute qtrs. So I don't know how the cpu will account for that in the updates???
    I don't know for sure but I imagine it will be a semi-random timeframe that coordinates with yours. So if you've completed 60% of the 2nd quarter, you might see CPU games that are in the 50%-70% completion range of the second quarter. That's 100% a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I see your point, but I also think you may be viewing his low grade incorrectly. In that example, I don't think it means he wants a school far away - it's that he doesn't give a damn where your school is. Your coach (where the school is far away) is talking to a player who doesn't care about the grade at all. There could probably be a slight rework for the grade to reflect the player wanting to go to a school far away, but as-is I think it should be viewed as the topic at-large, not necessarily the exact location of the school. This is probably a good discussion to revisit on launch day when we post the feedback threads for 14 and get some discussion on some of the recruit pitches and points allocated.
    Yeah Chris, I understand and think that's the case. That's kind of the problem with recruiting IMO. It's all about the big ticket items so to speak, I want to play early, I want great academics, I want a high prestige conference, I want to be close to home. It's basically either they want these or the don't care what so ever. There is no "other side" to those pitches.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
    No idea man, CDJ is usually on top of that stuff though.
    WTH? What am I paying you for.

No worries...