Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will We Be the De Facto Beta Testers of NCAA 13?

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I agree that it makes very little sense but I assume it's somehow to related to the Season Pass version being a temporary one or something along those lines.
    Yeah ... which also still makes no sense to me. Honestly, I would have been significantly more interested in Season Pass if the 3-days-early-digital-download had just replaced purchasing it in the store too.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Yeah ... which also still makes no sense to me. Honestly, I would have been significantly more interested in Season Pass if the 3-days-early-digital-download had just replaced purchasing it in the store too.
    Agreed... I'd consider buying it digitally day 1 just to save from having to swap the disc in & out. Since it's the game I play 90% of the time, it's obviously the game that's going to give my BD-ROM the largest work-out.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Orygun View Post
    So after the last couple of years I have stopped following the development of these games to a large extent. It just felt like every year I would get so amped about how awesome this game would be, only to be terribly disappointed after the release. When 11 came out I sold it a week after buying it. When 12 came out I played it for awhile, but when all the OLD bugs hit I shelved it for a few months. In both cases, I felt that after the final patches for these games were released, while the patches created some new problems, the game was really playable and I enjoyed it. The issue is it just hasn't been a franchise that has been playable out of the box upon release the last few years. A lot of really good new content every year, but the game comes out rough and unpolished.

Have the powers that be admitted/addressed this issue this year? Because I am trying to decide if I will pre-order NCAA 13 and it all hinges on this.
    Going forth, you should always expect to be "beta testing" if you get the game within the first 2 months. It's the nature of the beast. There just isn't enough time to do everything that's necessary and get it all right in a 1-year cycle.

I hope more people here get Season Pass.

I think its value to me was an easy choice. Now I can rest easy and know I'll be playing it 3 days early for only 25 bucks. I enjoyed it for Tiger, and I know the other games I will use it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Honestly, I would have been significantly more interested in Season Pass if the 3-days-early-digital-download had just replaced purchasing it in the store too.
    Wait, so you still have to buy the disc version?

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    Wait, so you still have to buy the disc version?
    Yeah, the Season Pass is essentially a rental period for 3 days before the release. Once release day gets here, the downloaded copy is no longer valid.

I see. Glad I came on here first before purchasing.