Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Madden NFL 13 Presentation and Gameplay Part 1.

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    How could you possibly hate someone who gave the world “Stinkin Good” Green Chile?
    I'm saying I like him in a back handed way....I mean its a back handed compliment.... I actually went to his site a couple years ago and commented about something he said and he emailed me back with a " thank you ". I admire the dude entirely

That playbook is pretty much exactly what we saw in NCAA. Both games look to have a very similar feel this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    I'm saying I like him in a back handed way....I mean its a back handed compliment.... I actually went to his site a couple years ago and commented about something he said and he emailed me back with a " thank you ". I admire the dude entirely
    I was gonna say. Fair enough.

I actually went to his site a couple years ago and commented about something he said and he emailed me back with a " thank you ".
    What are the odds that his "thank you" to ram, of all people, was an auto-reply?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    What are the odds that his "thank you" to ram, of all people, was an auto-reply?

I remember it not being some standard line or pre-meditated bravado..it didnt come immediately after either

I remember it not being some standard line or pre-meditated bravado..it didnt come immediately after either

Trey Wingo is added to Madden. I'm guessing they will have the same studio cut-ins like NCAA.

A bunch of CD Madden guys are just tweeting that something big related to gameplay was revealed at EA. Can't break the news until June 4th though. I wonder if Madden is getting a cool feature that NCAA is not getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Trey Wingo is added to Madden. I'm guessing they will have the same studio cut-ins like NCAA.

A bunch of CD Madden guys are just tweeting that something big related to gameplay was revealed at EA. Can't break the news until June 4th though. I wonder if Madden is getting a cool feature that NCAA is not getting.
    Exactly if it is something huge, than I would be disappointed if it isnt in NCAA.
    Lets say its RTP or some sort of collisioned based tackling, I hope it isnt light and day from NCAA and makes me not play NCAA because of it

Quote Originally Posted by illwill10 View Post
    Exactly if it is something huge, than I would be disappointed if it isnt in NCAA.
    Lets say its RTP or some sort of collisioned based tackling, I hope it isnt light and day from NCAA and makes me not play NCAA because of it
    Based on the weak description of the dynasty playbook for Madden I really doubt that dynasty mode will see any major features outside of what NCAA has.

Madden commentary video. The cpu intelligence in throwing the screen and protecting the QB seems weak in spots. The commentary sounds OK. I'm not sure if they picked the best clips for this but a brand new commentary team is probably going to take more than a year to be great.

Audio Video.

Madden commentary video. The cpu intelligence in throwing the screen and protecting the QB seems weak in spots. The commentary sounds OK. I'm not sure if they picked the best clips for this but a brand new commentary team is probably going to take more than a year to be great.
    That's one of my more pressing concerns for them to address with CPU gameplay. Either the CPU needs to properly execute these screens or they shouldn't call them. It's like an automatic loss of 10 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
    That's one of my more pressing concerns for them to address with CPU gameplay. Either the CPU needs to properly execute these screens or they shouldn't call them. It's like an automatic loss of 10 yards.
    It was pretty bad in that video.

Rudy, you and I tend to agree on a lot of stuff (eg sliders, in-game saves, etc.) but on this point we will dissagree. In my personal opinion, that in game commentary was AWFUL! There was less excitement in those clips than Tom Hammond had in Mdden 10. Plus, I heard the same line twice after two seperate TD's. Why would you show such repetition in a teaser trailer? I am on the fence with Madden this year and that clip gave me nothing to get excited about. I really hope the audio is better than that in-game but it seems funny to use this kind of clip to "show off" your new commentating system. Also, I barely heard the crowd noise. These two things need major improvement before release.

I was being too kind I guess and I agree with you Jaymo. I have no problem with you saying the commentary was bad. It didn't flow well and it didn't sound exciting. I guess I'm giving them some benefit of the doubt since it's a WIP but Madden's commentary has always been subpar compared to any other sports game. I actually thought CC was good in Madden 12 and that only Gus needed to be changed.

The big play section at 1:00 highlights some poor crowd noise on TDs and Nantz isn't overly excited but the Nantz/Simms combo isn't a flashy pairing in real life either. In many ways I see Simms being similar to Herbie - they are more subdued and their strengths are in the analysis. They don't have great personalities so I don't think they translate that well to video games. It's why I miss Corso in NCAA.

If these are your highlights of great commenting this is definitely a bad sign. I think the crowd noise is something that was affected by the audio capture on the video. They made a really big deal about the 24 microphones being used so I have to believe it will be better than that on those TDs.

Lackluster sounds is almost an understatement, lol. Its like they record the audio in a relaxed boring manner as if they don't really care what they are saying. No emotions from the crowd either it like some sound engineer briefly turns up the crowd volume for a second on an INT or TD and then quickly turns it right back down to crickets level. I think last gen had way better in-game sounds, better more realistic crowd noise, and somewhat better commentary with Al and John. The same thing goes for NCAA audio last gen it sounded 100x better.

I am also interested to see how the crwod will sound in a "real" game. You would think that 24 speakers would make a difference. Frankly I want to see the home field advantage of NCAA 06... that was excellent IMO.