Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Impressions of NCAA Football 13 Gameplay

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    One thing we had in the demo was the great punting or attempts by the CPU and able to get a punt to stop even bouncing inside the 7yd line. However once the game dropped that seemed to disappear. So CD guys, is this feature back to what you saw last season or improved upon at all?
    Punts were good for me. I was able to do it a fair amount inside the 10. Most punts that drop inside the 10 do go through the endzone unless a guy stops it down there or it's coffin cornered.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Crowd is MUCH improved because it's not a canned and multiplied recording. It's REAL audio from REAL games. Before 13, it was recordings on the top of a parking garage
    I cannot wait to hear the difference! Jacked Up!

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    For the crowd noise, I think I remember hearing from the CD guys that it was very good prior to release. I think something happened to this feature last year and I fully expect that issue to be resolved and hearing a game at Western Kentucky will sound a whole lot different then hearing one from Penn State but that's for another thread.

One thing we had in the demo was the great punting or attempts by the CPU and able to get a punt to stop even bouncing inside the 7yd line. However once the game dropped that seemed to disappear. So CD guys, is this feature back to what you saw last season or improved upon at all?
    Obviously, I was unable to make any trips this year, but Tommy mentioned somewhere that punts bounce differently this year - higher, instead of skidding straight to the end zone. I'm hopeful that this means good things for 13, but maybe the guys who have been there this year can elaborate.

I have mentioned, several times since January of last year, to the devs that having the CPU be just as good at pinning me deep as I am at pinning the CPU is vital for competitive balance. You're right too, it was very good last year, until release. Hopefully, this is fixed for 13.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Obviously, I was unable to make any trips this year, but Tommy mentioned somewhere that punts bounce differently this year - higher, instead of skidding straight to the end zone. I'm hopeful that this means good things for 13, but maybe the guys who have been there this year can elaborate.

I have mentioned, several times since January of last year, to the devs that having the CPU be just as good at pinning me deep as I am at pinning the CPU is vital for competitive balance. You're right too, it was very good last year, until release. Hopefully, this is fixed for 13.
    thats something that i think the awareness rating should matter a lot for punters. the better punters should know exactly how much power to put behind their punt and would be able to pin teams back in the redzone with relative ease, whereas some freshman might not have a complete feel for it yet and be much more likely to put it out of bounds or into the endzone.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    thats something that i think the awareness rating should matter a lot for punters. the better punters should know exactly how much power to put behind their punt and would be able to pin teams back in the redzone with relative ease, whereas some freshman might not have a complete feel for it yet and be much more likely to put it out of bounds or into the endzone.
    Whether it's Awareness or Accuracy, yes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Whether it's Awareness or Accuracy, yes.
    If it mirrored real life, then it's Awareness to know where you can put the ball, and Accuracy to hit the spot you intend. I imagine that's largely what the game would be trying to replicate ... Awareness in making the correct decision, and other ratings (accuracy in this case) to follow through.

Whether or not that's code-able, or if that's how the ratings work within the code, is a different story.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Sorry this is random and has nothing to do with the gameplay topic, but i found this!

lol, you mean you found it from this thread?

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...AA-Football-13.

lol, you mean you found it from this thread?

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...AA-Football-13.
    *le shame* ...what are you talking about?! hahahaha yeah

The best way is to donate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Look at his socks. there short. suck it ram

<----

Quote Originally Posted by Little Steve View Post
    Look at his socks. there short. suck it ram

<----
    how in the world did you pass 7th and 8th grade english?

how in the world did you pass 7th and 8th grade english?
    Let's be honest, a lot of what is acceptable on the Internet wasn't acceptable in English class.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Did you notice the "High Jumping" LB this year?
    Does size matter? What I mean is, are the little RBs still running over the LBs and getting extra yards. Are the little DBs tackling 225 lbs RBs?

Quote Originally Posted by Koach Vonner View Post
    Did you notice the "High Jumping" LB this year?
    Does size matter? What I mean is, are the little RBs still running over the LBs and getting extra yards. Are the little DBs tackling 225 lbs RBs?
    I'd like to know if the generated weights for recruits were tied to ratings at all this year or if they are still completely random and independent of the player. I still remember that 197 pound 4* run stuffing DE I saw last year. Same goes for RBs. If his ratings indicate he's a power back he should not weigh 180 pounds. Those types of things just stand out as very odd and wrong.

Freshman
    I wonder if u can dive and knock the ball in the play on punts? Attempt to down it on the 1yrd line. Maybe go into an animation to save the punt. And also can DBs make sideline interceptions maybe dragging a toe in...,

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I'd like to know if the generated weights for recruits were tied to ratings at all this year or if they are still completely random and independent of the player. I still remember that 197 pound 4* run stuffing DE I saw last year. Same goes for RBs. If his ratings indicate he's a power back he should not weigh 180 pounds. Those types of things just stand out as very odd and wrong.
    Rudy I'm completely with you on this one. Seeing those kind of things always bother me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    Punts were good for me. I was able to do it a fair amount inside the 10. Most punts that drop inside the 10 do go through the endzone unless a guy stops it down there or it's coffin cornered.
    While true there are and should be many more chances for the punt team to down the ball and currently that ball like mentioned just skids right in quickly.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Something I didn't include in the impressions but I certainly want to touch on... movement inside the pocket is greatly improved. First of all, on 12, if you moved around manually, it increased the chance for the DT to break off his block and secondly, there was a slow start-up to shuffling around in the pocket. This year, I never saw the DT come through too easily. As well, you can manually move around the pocket very well. I was able to manipulate my blockers to allow me more time to setup the throws I wanted to make. Granted, I've started picking up how to do this in 12 as well, but in 13 it's greatly improved if for no other reason than that the QB moves around more nimbly.
    how do you manipulate blockers in 12 and 13 ?