Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: TGA Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by natcret View Post
    I will be away starting August 7-12. If I am unable to get an online game prior to the sixth, then I will play two rounds solo that evening so I at least have scores up the week 4 stuff.
    Sounds good!

JB you wouldn't happen to know of any cap they put on ratings would you?

I can't up any of my ratings any more even though they aren't anywhere near 100. It seems to be a cap on them

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    JB you wouldn't happen to know of any cap they put on ratings would you?

I can't up any of my ratings any more even though they aren't anywhere near 100. It seems to be a cap on them
    Yeah, I don't know the exact numbers but you'll notice that if you decrease one rating, the cap on the other rating will extend. For example, I think on Power and Power Boost, you can have a total of 150 points between the two. So in the Power ratings, you could be 100 in Power and 50 in Boost or 75 in both. However, any attribute bonus from clothing, etc. doesn't count towards the cap.

I really want to get this game so I can play with you guys. Hopefully Dell drops the price of the game so I can use my gift card for it.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Yeah, I don't know the exact numbers but you'll notice that if you decrease one rating, the cap on the other rating will extend. For example, I think on Power and Power Boost, you can have a total of 150 points between the two. So in the Power ratings, you could be 100 in Power and 50 in Boost or 75 in both. However, any attribute bonus from clothing, etc. doesn't count towards the cap.
    Yeah I noticed that but I wonder what releases the cap. I'd to be able to up them. My power is at 100. I dropped my power boost to 0 I believe....simply because I don't play under Tour Pro

Guess I'll have to just boost with clothing

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin32 View Post
    I really want to get this game so I can play with you guys. Hopefully Dell drops the price of the game so I can use my gift card for it.
    Hope you get it....you can join in at any time. Practice will make perfect and the league is just for fun. Plus we're going to go with a handicap system in season two so that will make things really competitive I'm thinking.

Yeah I noticed that but I wonder what releases the cap. I'd to be able to up them. My power is at 100. I dropped my power boost to 0 I believe....simply because I don't play under Tour Pro

Guess I'll have to just boost with clothing
    Well you can only be at 100 on ONE attribute. You can't have all 100's this year.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Well you can only be at 100 on ONE attribute. You can't have all 100's this year.
    Well damn....I kinda like having 100 power, the rest of the stuff is fine I just need to make better reads on my putts. My putting attirbutes after 85 and above so I guess that isn't too bad.

I may be able to get next week's stuff up tonight.....depends on if I just crash after I get back home. Else I'll post the settings tomorrow night.

Yeeeah

We're headed to Turnberry I believe, don't remember playing that course so I may need to brush up

Yeeeah

We're headed to Turnberry I believe, don't remember playing that course so I may need to brush up
    Torrey Pines....Turnberry is in two weeks for the British.

lol I knew it started with a T...well Torrey Pines it is. I'll have to test out the course later tonight

Picked up Madden today. Will start to learn it as well.

JB, I formally request that Wentworth be put on the schedule for Season 2. After playing Wentworth in My Career, the round I just had, I demand it be added next season.

In a single round, I ended with two holes-in-one (Par 3s Hole 2 and Hole 10), I came within 3 feet of a third hole-in-one on the Par 3 Hole 5, 4 eagles (including pitching in from 35 yards away for one), and 7 birdies to finish the round at a 16 under par 56 (also had three damn bogeys because of me stupidly trying to take extremely risky tee shots and two pars).

After absolutely bitch slapping the Wentworth golf course like that, I demand it for next season so I can truly have a shot at contending for a tournament win right from the start.

Edit - Granted, it must be a pretty nice day in Surrey, England, as playing with Live Weather, I was only facing winds between 1-10 MPH. Knowing you, you'd probably end up choosing gale force winds for the tournament if you added Wentworth in season 2.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 08-15-2010 at 05:36 AM.

LOL make sure you remind me when the time comes, cuz I sure as hell won't remember when it comes to setting up season two FWIW, I'm going to make sure a lot of courses that weren't in season one are in season two, with the obvious exceptions of TPC Sawgrass and probably Pebble.

JB, when will we be starting up again?

Quote Originally Posted by natcret View Post
    JB, when will we be starting up again?
    Tomorrow. Will post settings today.

LOL make sure you remind me when the time comes, cuz I sure as hell won't remember when it comes to setting up season two FWIW, I'm going to make sure a lot of courses that weren't in season one are in season two, with the obvious exceptions of TPC Sawgrass and probably Pebble.
    Nice! Definitely a lot of great courses to choose from. Hopefully St. Andrews and Celtic Manor Resort make it into season two. I played the hell of out the Ryder Cup mode when I first got the game, so I have grown to love playing on Celtic Manor. And when The Open Championship was being played in real life, I started playing St. Andrews a bunch in game and also love playing on that course. Add in Wentworth and that's already a hell of a schedule right there in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Nice! Definitely a lot of great courses to choose from. Hopefully St. Andrews and Celtic Manor Resort make it into season two. I played the hell of out the Ryder Cup mode when I first got the game, so I have grown to love playing on Celtic Manor. And when The Open Championship was being played in real life, I started playing St. Andrews a bunch in game and also love playing on that course. Add in Wentworth and that's already a hell of a schedule right there in my opinion.
    Where have you been this season though? lol

Standings through Week 4 are posted - http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...ll=1#post19208

Where have you been this season though? lol
    Horrible timing with when the rest of us on Xbox play. The past couple tournaments, the rest of the guys were getting the group together during times that ended up not working out for me. And even though I did so in the first tournament, I really hate having to play by myself, so I've just made the decision to sit out those weeks if I'm unable to play with the group due to timing issues rather than have to end up playing by myself each week.

This most recent tournament last week, unfortunately, I never had a chance at playing due to being sick. I was in such miserable shape, that besides calling in sick to work for the first time ever since I started working at the radio stations here in town back in December 2008, I did not touch my Xbox at all from Tuesday the 3rd through Thursday the 12th.