Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Article: GTTV: NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Reveal

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by xMrHitStickx904 View Post
    " DB #7 " definitely ran the receivers' route a few times during those clips lol.
    I dunno...I have to ask the question. How does EA emulate a shutdown corner? B/c #7 will most likely be a 99 rating. Shutdown corners take half the field away and I've heard people describe these elite corners as having the ability to run the route better than the wr. When in man coverage shouldn't the db look at the receiver the whole time and only turn to look for the ball when the receiver does? ...I'm not saying its right I just think #7 is a bad example.

This also bring up another point. How does EA program bad plays? Blown coverages or misplaying a ball? I think sometimes we want to see these players play perfectly every time but is that really what we want?

...again, I'm by no means saying the game is or ever will be perfect but I think looking at these AI issues as 'bad plays' can improve her enjoyment of the game tremendously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the idea of icons that dim and brighten. It adds an element to passing without going to extremes like the absurd vision cone. We'll have to see how it plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I dunno...I have to ask the question. How does EA emulate a shutdown corner? B/c #7 will most likely be a 99 rating. Shutdown corners take half the field away and I've heard people describe these elite corners as having the ability to run the route better than the wr. When in man coverage shouldn't the db look at the receiver the whole time and only turn to look for the ball when the receiver does? ...I'm not saying its right I just think #7 is a bad example.

This also bring up another point. How does EA program bad plays? Blown coverages or misplaying a ball? I think sometimes we want to see these players play perfectly every time but is that really what we want?

...again, I'm by no means saying the game is or ever will be perfect but I think looking at these AI issues as 'bad plays' can improve her enjoyment of the game tremendously.

In several clips he was literally 3 yards ahead of the receiver. If that were to happen in a real life situation, the receiver would just turn the other way and be completely wide open, especially in man coverage. I can understand jumping a route, but I can not understand a DB running ahead of a receiver by 3 yards. It was a huge problem last year and a huge problem the year before.

I just hope it's not an issue again this year.

I need to watch it again. To me it looked like he was almost attached to the wr until the ball was thrown then broke off to make a play on the ball.

I know it's been an issue for a while so hopefully they continue to improve on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post

I get what you're saying here, it's definitely valid with the emulation of a shutdown corner. thing is, NCAA corners in general aren't shutdown corners on a level like that. But I agree with I OU, even the best corners aren't 3 yards in front of a receiver, & against man coverage, the more complex offenses have choice route to combat corners who over play short or medium routes. It won't be perfect, it's impossible, but I'm interested to see if the new passing mechanics will allow us to throw not only to a spot before the receiver gets there, but if we could pinpoint passes to either shoulder, the hip pocket, breast plate etc. That right there, in addition to new trajectory could revolutionize passing. In fact, it makes running the Air Raid more fun x100.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Death View Post
    Chris, I know you can't answer anything now, but I want to ask a question that will hopefully be addressed Tuesday in the Video Blog or, if not, maybe you can answer after that. In regards to the WR icons not showing up or lighting up my question is this:

Let's say I am in 5-wide and run what EA calls Smash, or in the playbook it's called Bearcat Smash, but let's say I call that play w/ the trips side to the left and I am on the left hash. I recognize that the D is in Cover 2, thus my inside WR on the trips side - who's running a post route - should be open. The middle WR on the trips side and the inside WR on the other side are running Corner routes, so they should tie up the FS/SS. Okay... so at the snap of the ball I notice my LT getting beaten badly by the DE and I know if I hold the ball it's going to be a sack...

Can I choose to throw to the WR running the post route if I put touch on the ball and lead him to the post even though his icon isn't lit up and if so, once he makes the break for the post, will he then turn and locate the ball? This would be realistic and would be something you see in college and pro quite a bit... a QB throwing the ball to a spot, knowing his WR will get there but also avoiding a sack.

Again, I know you can't answer now, but would really appreciate an answer if they don't cover this on Tuesday. Thanks so much!
    yeah I was kind of wondering the same thing. Not so much in the I'm getting blitzed and need to get rid of the ball quickly, but more so in the timing routes that are very prevalent in football.

Hopefully it will have something to do with how well the WR is rated. Does Play recognition even matter for WR's? This would be huge for option routes and seeing blitzes.

I do like the animations of the USC QB at the 14:04 mark, nice touch when he brings his left arm closer to the body as a more natural and realistic look, nice touch...

One thing I did notice at the 14:16 mark is that when the WR's icon lights up, the WR's head turns to look for the ball. This occured on all the routes except for the receiver. I believe the WR was running a curl or out route and his icon actually lit up a little before he turned. This would make sense because as soon as he turns the ball is supposed to be there on routes like that. This definitely adds a lot more realism to the passing game, and should result in well timed passes.
    Last edited by beartide06; 04-13-2012 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    I don't know, but I still saw corners running the route ahead of the receiver in several of the clips they showed last night. I thought it was funny because as soon as he said psychic DBs are gone, the very next clip the DB was like 3 yards ahead of the receiver running an in route.

I don't know if it was footage from '11 showing what they meant, but I hope to God they removed that. Not only does it highly disrupt the passing game, it's just plain annoying to see.
    That was my first reaction too. I was talking to myself saying that the LSU DB was running the route. If that is the case, frankly all of the other passing game changes are meaningless.

That Oklahoma State uniform needs to be fixed!

I like the idea of having to see the ball for WRs and DBs (no more psychic stuff) and the pass trajectories but the video didn't actually show this. Hopefully EA will provide a video showcasing the different trajectories.

The players still have almost no weight and momentum in that video. I just hate how EA does player movement in NCAA football. At least I saw a working juke move.

does having to see the ball to make a play on it mean no more over the shoulder ints for the cpu?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    At least I saw a working juke move.
    Um, no, that was NOT a working juke. That was a cartoony move. Running downfield and then juking backwards on the fly.... This is why I didn't agree with the few of you who wanted "more" juke. It's not even realistic!

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    In several clips he was literally 3 yards ahead of the receiver. If that were to happen in a real life situation, the receiver would just turn the other way and be completely wide open, especially in man coverage. I can understand jumping a route, but I can not understand a DB running ahead of a receiver by 3 yards. It was a huge problem last year and a huge problem the year before.

I just hope it's not an issue again this year.
    I haven't totally agreed with I OU in the past, but here I am 100% in his corner. A great db does not "run the route" before the receiver because he gets toasted that way. Instead he plays a close trail technique and then jumps the route at the breaking point once he realizes what the route is! The only route that a db can jump before the receiver makes a break is the curl, but if that's the case I hope the double move is properly worked.

Banned
    this game would probley be the best game to date... except that cinny bearcats new qb sucks........ they got a great new fresman qb could u please overrate him?

I thought you could lead the pass these last few years already?

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    I thought you could lead the pass these last few years already?
    Same thing I was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by JerzeyReign View Post
    Same thing I was thinking.
    You can. I'm guessing this had something to do with the 25 trajectories.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    Um, no, that was NOT a working juke. That was a cartoony move. Running downfield and then juking backwards on the fly.... This is why I didn't agree with the few of you who wanted "more" juke. It's not even realistic!
    I agree but my whole point about the juke move in the past was I want to be able to make people miss. A more realistic juke would be preferred IF player momentum is done right. Players make defenders miss constantly in a football game by using a simple cut and watch the defender fly by as he can't stop in time to make the tackle. That doesn't happen in EA NCAA Football. They just mirror your every move.

I'm sorry but I just can't let this area go. After feeling screwed over by NCAA 12 I would get annoyed every time I watched football on the weekends and watch offensive guys set up defenders by using their weight against them. I just felt I couldn't do that in NCAA 12 and it really hurt the fun factor while playing. I'd rather have a cartoony move than nothing that works but I would really prefer a football game where the player movement is much closer to reality (and NCAA 13 will definitely not have this from what I've seen).

Anyway, I'll have to wait and see how these trajectories really help the passing game. I'd like to hear more about timing routes and if they can be pulled off a little easier. I've always felt it's been too hard to throw those deep comebacks on the outside since they are timing routes which the game doesn't let you pull off well. Combine that with psychic DBs and WRs that don't fight for the ball and those routes were just far too risky to throw in the game.
    Last edited by Rudy; 04-14-2012 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OSUCowboyofMD View Post
    That Oklahoma State uniform needs to be fixed!
    Get the Amazon Exclusive Nike Pro Combat Uniforms
    Pre-order NCAA Football 13 and receive the Amazon exclusive Nike Pro Combat downloadable premium uniforms for Army, University of Georgia, Oklahoma State, Oregon and Michigan State. Nike Pro Combat uniforms are Born of Tradition, Built for Speed. We will send you the code to access this bonus content via email within two days of your order shipment. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Limit one per customer. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B006VB2UNC
    I don't know exactly what of the Okie State uniforms will be offered in the Amazon pre-order download, but I don't think there's reason to worry that the uniform won't be correct in game.