Thread: Only one major presentation element missing...Crowd Noise

• Facebook
  • Display

Only one major presentation element missing...Crowd Noise

Crowd noise. Legitimate crowd noise is the only thing missing from this game. They clearly already have an algorithm to determine the "greatness" of plays, i think that could easily be applied to a crowd noise program. Interceptions, deep catches, running backs breaking into open field, etc. shoul elecit a big reaction from fans (If it's the home team). The only thing (Other than minor glitches that ruin a play of mine) that i notice missing in game is the crowd. If they could get varying levels of suprise and cheering, it would add so much to the game. The crowd meter was one of my favorite things for creating an atmosphere back in '06, just eliminate the adverse affects it causes.

Quote Originally Posted by MGoBlue View Post
    Crowd noise. Legitimate crowd noise is the only thing missing from this game. They clearly already have an algorithm to determine the "greatness" of plays, i think that could easily be applied to a crowd noise program. Interceptions, deep catches, running backs breaking into open field, etc. shoul elecit a big reaction from fans (If it's the home team). The only thing (Other than minor glitches that ruin a play of mine) that i notice missing in game is the crowd. If they could get varying levels of suprise and cheering, it would add so much to the game. The crowd meter was one of my favorite things for creating an atmosphere back in '06, just eliminate the adverse affects it causes.
    They are loud enough on my surround sound system, maybe they arent loud at the right times, but they create just enough noise to make me turn it back down.

Half time show is still needed.

I would add that a crowd "suspense" element is needed. In effect a better building as the play is developing would take the sound to a new level. As the ball is in the air for a deep pass for example, a crowd kind of holds it's collective breath and the sound goes from a calmness when the play starts to a crescendo or the let down. To a lesser extent when the qb is running from pressure the crowd gets antsy too. To variate those tones is tough in game, but if they were added would change the excitement dynamic.

Additionally team celebrations here would help you not notice the crowd as much. But current celebration system kind of relies heavily on the crowd for help, and when they don't get loud at the right time, it hurts everything. It is much better on both of those accounts than last season though, I will say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Half time show is still needed.
    Just a quick highlight show would be nice. Maybe a flashing of the total game stats, and top 25 scores around the country. Nothing elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    Just a quick highlight show would be nice. Maybe a flashing of the total game stats, and top 25 scores around the country. Nothing elaborate.
    That would work for me. I would never really care about a giant, elaborate halftime show simply because as soon as I hit halftime, I'm ready to instantly start the 3rd quarter and end up pressing A repeatedly to try and skip through the end of 1st half cut scenes.

I would add that a crowd "suspense" element is needed. In effect a better building as the play is developing would take the sound to a new level. As the ball is in the air for a deep pass for example, a crowd kind of holds it's collective breath and the sound goes from a calmness when the play starts to a crescendo or the let down. To a lesser extent when the qb is running from pressure the crowd gets antsy too. To variate those tones is tough in game, but if they were added would change the excitement dynamic.

Additionally team celebrations here would help you not notice the crowd as much. But current celebration system kind of relies heavily on the crowd for help, and when they don't get loud at the right time, it hurts everything. It is much better on both of those accounts than last season though, I will say that.
    ^^ What he said.

Another note/wishlist item. I wish that games would happen real/time with you as you play. If you're scheduled at the same time, then have the other teams "play" their games as well, and flash scores throughout the game. When your game ends, the other games are over and you see the results. Also those that were earlier in the day. If there's a game you want to play, have a check mark that we can click on and save the game from simming real time with your current game. No need for highlights, (although in Madden 94 or 95 they had highlights from cpu simmed games and it was SICK), but just the scores will do.

I agree with the crowd noise. It needs a major overhaul. The crowd should not be dead when I make a key third down pass to keep a game winning drive going to win a big game at home.

Heck, I wish the Game Track they show after the kickoff for the 2nd half would be used as the half time show. So many times I automatically hit a button and end up having my play call screen block the only Game Track I will see the entire game. Is there any way the devs could move this game track to before the kickoff so it acts as a halftime show?

Dynamic sidelines. Players walk around, sit on benches, talk to eachother, get water, etc. When a player is tackled or runs out of bounds, sidelined players move out of the way accordingly. Endzone personnel move out of the way when a player runs out of the back of the endzone. Doesn't have to be too detailed, but enough so I don't notice it.

I agree with all but ive noticed that the crowd isnt moving in a flowing way and the crowd should be swinging rags and things in the crowd like on nhl 12. and what happened to all the varieties of player celebration and running to the mascot.And i bet making he sideline more ALIVE woud make an major effect on the game.
    Last edited by Taebreezy; 12-03-2011 at 11:41 AM.