Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NCAA Football 13 Playbook #1 Sights and Sounds Revealed

• Facebook
  • Display
    deleted
    Last edited by Rudy; 04-30-2012 at 10:07 PM. Reason: wrong thread

Why aren't those in the custom covers thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    Why aren't those in the custom covers thread?
    I didn't see that thread lol.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Yes, I did notice that those UNT uniforms were in the game.
    Thanks gschwendt! I just now noticed your response. I appreciate it. And like several others, I like the uni's. A huge upgrade over what they had, plus their new stadium!!! Definitely a dynasty team for me this year provided I purchase the game. I have a lot going on this summer and will also be coaching again, so my time w/ the game may be severely limited until November. Not sure if that's good or not...

Anyone else wish there was some kind of commentary going on during the entrance sequences?
    There is a lot of down quiet time during each teams walk up.

In real life there would be some talk to fill the dead air.

It's not a huge deal, and I certainly understand there being no dialogue during the climax parts of the custom scenes, but I just kind of get the feeling it would be nice if you could here the team talking about a given issue sort of battling the crowd noise like you hear in real life.

I think NCAA's pre-game presentation is stale. Seeing the kids come out of the tunnel and the local tradition (like touching a banner, sword, whatever) gets old quick. They have been doing this for awhile now. It can't be the primary focus of the pre-game presentation anymore imo. You end up skipping that stuff just like the Madden player announcements running out of the helmet. It's fine seeing that stuff but how about have Brad and Herbie update the impact players along with some team and individual stats of each team on the screen while they are doing that. Without more info I'm just going to skip it more often than not.

Madden created a virtual Simms and Nantz but it doesn't look like we're getting an NCAA virtual press box. That would help too. Pan to the guys in the booth and let them talk and do a normal pre-game presentation with that stuff in the background. We never see those long drawn out pre-game rituals in a real TV telecast. You only get a small segment.

I agree. And when they do show those rituals....there is commentary to go along with it (Unless it is a locker room speech or quick shot inside). Even if they had them say something simple it would help it tremendously.

As the players are touching their sign or whatever, give me a "And now the *insert team* preparing to take the field before this battle" then do something like you said with the key player talk while they are running out.

Just give me something there.

I don't think the pre-game is getting "old", I think it's just a little too long. A little too drawn out. I think it could get a little quicker pacing, and then we'd be less likely to skip it.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I don't think the pre-game is getting "old", I think it's just a little too long. A little too drawn out. I think it could get a little quicker pacing, and then we'd be less likely to skip it.
    See and I like the setup. I love getting ready for my game with the intros, especially with the stadium sounds feature.

If pregame had more depth to it, it wouldn't seem long to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    If pregame had more depth to it, it wouldn't seem long to me.
    Agreed. That giant long section with the teams coming out where there's no audio, they need to do something there. Either chop out part of that to shorten it up or put some audio in there about the players, starters, teams, the game, etc. But as is, it just seems long.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Agreed. That giant long section with the teams coming out where there's no audio, they need to do something there. Either chop out part of that to shorten it up or put some audio in there about the players, starters, teams, the game, etc. But as is, it just seems long.

That's where there needs to be some stuff about impact players, important injuries, rivalry stats, etc. Just something to help with the flow of it. Maybe even cut from them doing whatever pre-in the tunnel stuff they have for the team to the information stuff and then back to the team just starting to run out of the tunnel. I think it would work seamlessly personally.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post

take out the part where theyre showing their feet in the tunnel..and cut looking at the fans for a half to 1 second..I still want to see the fans since they are wearing my created uni's !

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    See and I like the setup.
    Oh, don't get me wrong, I like it. But even yesterday when I was showing that video to a friend, I skipped through the whole USC entrance (except for the Song Girls).

I think what gets me is that all the teams that have these special pieces (like slapping "Play Like A Champion Today", Ralphie, etc), none of those assets replace the other parts of the sequence. So the unique assets just make the intro longer, rather than different. Add to it, as others have said, that there isn't commentary or something else going on, and it just becomes more likely that I'll skip it. What I noticed on NCAA 12 was that I'd watch the mascot entrance, but once the players started coming to the tunnel I usually skipped it.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Oh, don't get me wrong, I like it. But even yesterday when I was showing that video to a friend, I skipped through the whole USC entrance (except for the Song Girls).

I think what gets me is that all the teams that have these special pieces (like slapping "Play Like A Champion Today", Ralphie, etc), none of those assets replace the other parts of the sequence. So the unique assets just make the intro longer, rather than different. Add to it, as others have said, that there isn't commentary or something else going on, and it just becomes more likely that I'll skip it. What I noticed on NCAA 12 was that I'd watch the mascot entrance, but once the players started coming to the tunnel I usually skipped it.
    This. I'll watch the very beginning usually each game I play, but after that, since there's pretty much no point of continuing watching from the point the teams start coming out since there's hardly any audio at the point, I just skip through the rest of it and get right to the action. If they would put some sort of audio, like I suggest, impact players, injuries, talk about the starters, the game (is it a rivalry game, is there a conference championship or even a battle for first place on the line, maybe a national title race on the line, etc), talk about the teams, the lineups, etc. Something to fill all that dead space and actually make it worth watching from beginning to end and not just watching the beginning and then skipping the rest once the players start coming out like we have now.