Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 13 Playbook #1 Sights and Sounds Revealed

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    AFAIK, Russ is working on NBA Live now and is no longer part of the NCAA team (not that that answers your question).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
    You are correct sir.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Jayrah, you really got to add paragraphs.
    LOL. When I wrote it, I had it in 4 different paragraphs. I'm a writer and I can't do it. Not sure why they didn't take.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    With all the talk of a new announcer, does that mean that the Erin ANdrews experience is over? sHE HASN'T BEEN MENTIONED ONCE DY ANY OF THE DEVS.
    I noticed this too, but I am hoping she doesn't count. They did too much work with her to just drop her. Until they say she's not in, I'm just assuming she's being thought of as a separate analyst.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Are you guys certain on this?
    I was responding to HitStick's "2 years without a new CFB game" comment, not your desire for weight/momentum. I do think HitStick is right that we won't see a full procedural animation engine on this generation, but I also think tweaks and changes could be made to make it better than it is. And I have absolutely zero "inside info" on any part of this, so it's all just my opinion.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

AFAIK, Russ is working on NBA Live now and is no longer part of the NCAA team (not that that answers your question).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
    I did not know that about Russ. Ben took all the interviews last year so it seemed like they may have been phasing him out.

they may have been phasing him out.
    I don't think this was the intent, but it is possible, particularly with his move to NBA.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    With all the talk of a new announcer, does that mean that the Erin ANdrews experience is over? sHE HASN'T BEEN MENTIONED ONCE DY ANY OF THE DEVS.
    There was an "experience?" Her lines rarely came up in my games.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Valid point Souljabill. I often wondered if/when I would hear her. She only seemed to comment on injuries 50% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    They were going to try and put in the full "Erin Andrews experience", but it would have pushed the game up to a M rating, so they had to take it out.

One thing you won't be seeing are camera options. Pastapadre is reporting that only one playable camera again for NCAA 13. Granted NCAA's camera is better than any Madden cam offered the last two years but why not just steal the Madden code and slip in the options for Zoom, Wide and Broadcast? Is it that hard to integrate that code?

One thing you won't be seeing are camera options. Pastapadre is reporting that only one playable camera again for NCAA 13. Granted NCAA's camera is better than any Madden cam offered the last two years but why not just steal the Madden code and slip in the options for Zoom, Wide and Broadcast? Is it that hard to integrate that code?
    while i dont care at all for camera angles, i would like to have the ability to swivel the camera left/right to see the coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    while i dont care at all for camera angles, i would like to have the ability to swivel the camera left/right to see the coverage.
    This. I wish you could as well. However, the camera does zoom out quite a bit to see the CB's and what they are doing. A nice swivel option wouldn't be too much of an adjustment.

I honestly just don't understand why they keep giving us graphic updates and a few sounds. They spent so many hours adding in all these trophies and guys coming in by parachutes? But people want GAMEPLAY improvements. 1. Gameplay 2. In-Game Saves 3. Custom Playbooks (That work) 4. Uniforms and Player Traits (Hair, Facemask, etc) 5. New Commentary If you do that, I think people will be so happy. You should also release the info in that order as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Koach Vonner View Post
    I honestly just don't understand why they keep giving us graphic updates and a few sounds. They spent so many hours adding in all these trophies and guys coming in by parachutes? But people want GAMEPLAY improvements. 1. Gameplay 2. In-Game Saves 3. Custom Playbooks (That work) 4. Uniforms and Player Traits (Hair, Facemask, etc) 5. New Commentary If you do that, I think people will be so happy. You should also release the info in that order as well.
    We already know that there is some of numbers 4 and 5. How do you know there is not any of numbers 1 through 3?

Did you watch the Playbook webcast? They explain, very clearly, why the Presentation aspects are released first.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

We already know that there is some of numbers 4 and 5. How do you know there is not any of numbers 1 through 3?

Did you watch the Playbook webcast? They explain, very clearly, why the Presentation aspects are released first.

I didnt watch it so why did they do the presentation first? I am curious as to why though it matters not to me in what order they did things.

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    I didnt watch it so why did they do the presentation first? I am curious as to why though it matters not to me in what order they did things.
    They said that if they didn't release Presentation first, you'd see alot of it when looking at screens or videos for other elements, like Gameplay. They want the work that the Presentation guys do to have a chance to shine by itself instead of telling us about something, like lighting, after we've already seen it (which would steal any thunder away from the guys who put in the work to implement it).

It makes sense. They can't show us anything without us seeing/hearing some new element of Presentation, so they may as well get it out of the way first.

They said that if they didn't release Presentation first, you'd see alot of it when looking at screens or videos for other elements, like Gameplay. They want the work that the Presentation guys do to have a chance to shine by itself instead of telling us about something, like lighting, after we've already seen it (which would steal any thunder away from the guys who put in the work to implement it).

It makes sense. They can't show us anything without us seeing/hearing some new element of Presentation, so they may as well get it out of the way first.

Thats fair enough for me.

Not to mention the fact that gameplay is still being worked on. If gameplay released too early, when something that was on the list couldn't make it on the final cut we'd go crazy. I'm sure they want to finalize their list and show it correctly with the couple of extra weeks that they get between presentation. Also, this is MUCH MUCH MUCH earlier than we got gameplay the last couple years. It's been behind dynasty improvements and modular improvements until this season. It's actually really early to hear about it and I think getting the communities committed to it earlier is a key factor for them. They may have realized that the longer they go without mentioning gameplay the shorter the fuse and the more people pop up that say "they're not showing us gameplay because it's not really improved so I'm very skeptical of anything they tell us". And so, Tuesday we get some real good info!

Freshman
    No updated cleats FIFA have a ton and we got like 5 in college football. That's ridiculous it's all about fashion statements with the players. Socks are all bad. Wrong lengths and no Nike elite socks and team specific socks like Michigan and many more. The knee pads are too low and the skilled players don't even wear them and some skilled player don't wear any. We need the option to remove like in Madden. And the hair styles need to be added like Troy palamolu style and clay Matthews style. More gloves and the knee bands are in the wrong positions. Give us the option to customize more like added team logos to leg and arm bands or be able to add different brands to the bands. This is why I will buy pre owned cause the little things got overlooked. Things that take a quick phone call or google search to update and make the game look at ways better