Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: NCAA Football 13: Sights and Sounds Webcast on April 2

• Facebook
  • Display
    They ought to just throw all those new teams in the game, whether they are eligible for championships or not. They're going to be the worst rated teams anyway and unless you user control those teams, won't win any bowls or championships in year 1, 2, 3, or ever in a 30 year dynasty anyway.

what was the point of that little clip of a Georgia Tech game ?

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    what was the point of that little clip of a Georgia Tech game ?
    probably showing off marylands goofy uniforms.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    UMass, UTSA, & Texas State are all also provisional members. None of them are eligible for bowl games this upcoming season. In fact, UTSA plays 4 FCS games plus playing Texas State and South Alabama.
    Maybe they added FCS teams . One can hope right?

Banned
    At 0:36 in the trailer the DT makes an unnatural (like we all have seen before, he does not plant his's feet to change direction) turn and sacks the QB. He was being sucked in.... same old same old im telling you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Steve View Post
    At 0:36 in the trailer the DT makes an unnatural (like we all have seen before, he does not plant his's feet to change direction) turn and sacks the QB. He was being sucked in.... same old same old im telling you guys.
    Oh well. I'm still gonna buy it. I'm still gonna play it. I'm still gonna enjoy it. I'm still gonna have fun with it.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Oh well. I'm still gonna buy it. I'm still gonna play it. I'm still gonna enjoy it. I'm still gonna have fun with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Ram, I get what you're saying, but when the NCAA team mentions "sights and sounds", they're almost 100% exclusively talking atmosphere. Teambuilder is a feature, no matter how many aspects of it are visual in nature. This makes more sense to those of us who have been to Orlando (and seen how the team divides things up mentally), but that's the best way I can explain it here. Sights & Sounds = atmosphere; crowd, presentation, commentary, visuals (i.e. uniforms), etc.

Justin, thanks. Though at first glance tonight, it appears to be starting a replay in mid-stream, rather than from a fixed point.

EDIT: Never mind, that's only if I use the original link. Saw your later post with the updated link. Thanks!

sheesh Jeff dont overthink it LOL I'm just laying seeds here and there

i doubt anyone is gonna read a lot into what you're sayin.....since you based it completely off a 1 second clip in the vid. trying to judge the gameplay from that quick vid isnt gonna tell us a whole lot.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    i doubt anyone is gonna read a lot into what you're sayin.....since you based it completely off a 1 second clip in the vid. trying to judge the gameplay from that quick vid isnt gonna tell us a whole lot.
    It's the same old shit though and I'm certainly not buying it anymore, unless they do something DRASTIC to change the passing game. I haven't touched the game in months and the last time I did, I played two games, threw for ~1,000 yards in those two games, and was like, "Oh yeah, this game is stupid fuckin' easy unless you make the CPU cheat" and moved on to something else.

What's the point of running the ball AT ALL against the CPU? Easy answer: There isn't. Not when you can throw the ball for 5 or 6 hundred yards a game with any team as long as I use my playbook and not the utter trash that's in 95% of the playbook.

With all the TB talk it makes me think of a 'wish' for next year. At the minimum I'd like them to increase the TB slots to 16 to match the max number of teams in a conf. Not a big deal but I'd be nice...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    It's the same old shit though and I'm certainly not buying it anymore, unless they do something DRASTIC to change the passing game. I haven't touched the game in months and the last time I did, I played two games, threw for ~1,000 yards in those two games, and was like, "Oh yeah, this game is stupid fuckin' easy unless you make the CPU cheat" and moved on to something else.

What's the point of running the ball AT ALL against the CPU? Easy answer: There isn't. Not when you can throw the ball for 5 or 6 hundred yards a game with any team as long as I use my playbook and not the utter trash that's in 95% of the playbook.
    I can do just the opposite. Lol. I can run 300+ yards almost every game against the CPU. Well, I can also pass for a ton of yards, too. It just depends on which I choose to do, or if I want to TRY and balance it out. I will still buy the game and enjoy it regardless. Game play webcast should be interesting.

By CD I assume you mean Community Day guys... Anything specific you're looking for? Really there's not too much to discuss for sights & sounds. The Commentary stuff wasn't in in January so no clue there from me but I'm not even sure if it ready the past couple of trips that were made. Aside from that, I think most other things were at least touched on but certainly let us know if you have any specific questions.
    Yes, I mean Community Day guys. Thanks for your response. I was wondering about the player models, if they had been touched up or updated. From the video I saw, I didn't notice any major changes with the players models. However, I'm aware that what EA showed was a work in progress. That was really my main question.

Quote Originally Posted by VWEBBJR View Post
    Yes, I mean Community Day guys. Thanks for your response. I was wondering about the player models, if they had been touched up or updated. From the video I saw, I didn't notice any major changes with the players models. However, I'm aware that what EA showed was a work in progress. That was really my main question.
    I'm not aware of any changes other than the generic heads that they already covered. I guess I'm out of the loop as I've never heard too many complaints about the player models until this week... what are the main issues with the player models?

At some point, you realize the limitations of this engine, & you make peace with it. Suction to a degree will still happen, I doubt that a true momentum system could be implemented, & that passing will be easy & that defense will be broken. However, that doesn't mean that the game hasn't made strides. For me, I liked what I heard & saw. Yes, it's aesthetic, but it's the total package to the game. Interested for the April 17th reveal.

He was being sucked in.... same old same old im telling you guys.
    FWIW, I was in Orlando a year ago at this time. And there was still a fairly significant difference between how the game played in April and how it ended up playing on the retail disc. So take the "gameplay" you see now with a healthy dose of salt, whether it seems like good gameplay or bad. As well, any videos shown now have likely been in production for a few weeks at least, so that gives even more time for the videos to be non-representative of the final product.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I'm not aware of any changes other than the generic heads that they already covered. I guess I'm out of the loop as I've never heard too many complaints about the player models until this week... what are the main issues with the player models?
    they all look like men in their 30s LOL..no blond or Asian guys LOL... I'm blond and disappointed by this ...2k and mlb 12 have great face creaters and random generaters as well..it appears no though that EA has more than 2 hair lengths to choose from..?

Personally i plan to purchase this game like i do every year. While yes there are broken parts of it i still enjoy it and dont think thats going to change with this version. I do think them talking about the changes they make is necessary but like a earlier poster said from April to July the game changed. Nope its not going to be close to perfect but its fun for me and the people i play with. Im still in 3 ODs now and a offline with Texas...

IMO they need to continue to add and improve on what works and take out the things that dont and re do them (which is easier said than done).