Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NCAA 13 Website Details Feature Release Schedule

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    That's a very fair question.
    If they are just discussing what is going to be in the game, I see no reason why they could not easily stay on schedule. EA does like to surprise us, though. Haha.
    Last edited by beartide06; 03-13-2012 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beartide06 View Post
    If they are just discussing what is going to be in the game, I see no reason why they could not easily stay on schedule.
    Because in any line of work with a schedule, this has a distinct possibility of happening:

Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Because in any line of work with a schedule, this has a distinct possibility of happening:

Maybe the schedule idea will be a terrible thing. Let's hope they stay on their schedule. If they are jumping in ball pits all day, like they did on their TV show last year, then they probably will not be on schedule. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Based on the impression I got of the people who would have been in charge of making that schedule, they wouldn't have put dates down if they weren't comfortable with meeting them. That can always change, but that was my impression.
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    That's a very fair question.
    That was my impression as well, but things can happen, and stranger things have happened before, so you never know. Hopefully they'll do everything it takes to stick exactly to those dates.

I hope NCAA 13 won't resort to some kind of gimmick like a vision cone to make the passing game harder.

The #1 thing that would make the passing game challenging is to have QB Accuracy and pass pressure have a much greater effect. More passes that sail into dead space, etc. Also, if they could factor in head tracking so that a receiver or defender who has his back to the ball can't see it and adjust. That would make for a radically different passing game.
    Last edited by Unconquered; 03-14-2012 at 11:47 AM.

I really think that these proposed changes or upgrades are fluff. 1. Sights and Sounds - Most of us will quickly advance past these. The only one i actually listen to is the after halftime one cuz its funny.2. Gameplay - I think they realized that their QB ratings are meaningless. I play in 2 dyanstys and the only difference in my 2 QBs is the rating one is a 90, the other is a 76 and the lowed rated on throws better. Shouldnt happen.3. Dynasty - After messing up 11 recruiting, 12 is fixed (if its on varsity). I hope they make a step in the right direction with 13. NEW COMMENTARY is sorely needed and gladly appreciated. 4. Heisman Challenge - another fluff mini game. Greatest moments kind of thing.5. Road to Glory will be funny to see what happens. This year was a step up. Just my opinion folks.

Can we get discipline and probation back in the game? Since they are such a part of todays game.Can they put in a random proposed change to the BCS that pops up only if you had several 1 loss teams?

Quote Originally Posted by kindella2 View Post
    Can we get discipline and probation back in the game? Since they are such a part of todays game.Can they put in a random proposed change to the BCS that pops up only if you had several 1 loss teams?
    I will only agree to discipline and probation if it's done correctly. I like it, it adds to the realism and depth of coaching a team, but the first time they did it, it was horrible. You had to allocate all of your points to discipline (leaving nothing for recruiting or training) and even then, it wouldn't be enough because you'd have players get in trouble every single week, running out of points by week 10 and ending up on NCAA probation by end of season. The first time they put it in, it was horrendously broken and horrible. If they can do it so it works and is done well, I wouldn't have a problem with it being added back in.

dont worry, i'm sure they now realize people want a football game to look like a football game. They wont add any funny on screen things for what ever the new passing thing is or give some pointless ,stupid extra button push. It just better be a difference in AI

I must agree with you in some way here. For years now there has been some sort of glitch in some mode of this game to make it unplayable for SOME, and then when they try to fix it with a patch, the patch messes up another part of the game. I understand that patches are needed and no game is ever perfect, especially a game as complex as football, but before they release a patch or fix something I think they should thoroughly make sure it does not hinder another feature or aspect of the game.
    The NCAA team does have a deserved reputation of significant flaws at release. They had the sliders screwed up two years in a row (09 and 10?). If they aren't going to do more with the tuning files then they might as well not bother with them. That should be a good tool to fix things quickly but they are always released in conjunction with a patch and that defeats the purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I will only agree to discipline and probation if it's done correctly. I like it, it adds to the realism and depth of coaching a team, but the first time they did it, it was horrible. You had to allocate all of your points to discipline (leaving nothing for recruiting or training) and even then, it wouldn't be enough because you'd have players get in trouble every single week, running out of points by week 10 and ending up on NCAA probation by end of season. The first time they put it in, it was horrendously broken and horrible. If they can do it so it works and is done well, I wouldn't have a problem with it being added back in.
    Yeah, there was no reason to put a limit on your discipline points. That made no sense.

Count me in as well for a person who would love to see discipline return. However, I am 100% sure we will never see it again as the NCAA doesn't look kindly on anything that doesn't make them look good.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Count me in as well for a person who would love to see discipline return. However, I am 100% sure we will never see it again as the NCAA doesn't look kindly on anything that doesn't make them look good.
    I agree with this.

I don't remember ever directly asking the devs about this, but I'm guessing the NCAA would frown on it ever returning.

It could really add some spice to Coaching Carousel if they ever did get it back in though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Unconquered View Post
    I hope NCAA 13 won't resort to some kind of gimmick like a vision cone to make the passing game harder.

The #1 thing that would make the passing game challenging is to have QB Accuracy and pass pressure have a much greater effect. More passes that sail into dead space, etc. Also, if they could factor in head tracking so that a receiver or defender who has his back to the ball can't see it and adjust. That would make for a radically different passing game.
    I will be honest, I am worried about that. I hope and pray this isn't the case. I never will forget the first time I tried playing Madden 06 with that danged Vision Cone. I said, "what the heck is the crap?!!" I messed with it for two days before I took it back to Gamestop. I only got 30 bucks store credit for a game I had for a grand total of two days. I was pissed beyond words. I hope this isn't the case this year.

If they are jumping in ball pits all day
    Ah yes. Alex being Alex.

I can only imagine what that would be like at my work, jumping into a meeting with a TV camera following me. (Not that we'd ever have a ball pit. Or a camera.)

Quote Originally Posted by kindella2 View Post
    I really think that these proposed changes or upgrades are fluff.
    I don't think the changes themselves are fluff, but the listings that we're talking about are like the description of an upcoming TV show. "Stewie and Brian go back in time!" Tells you practically nothing about how it will actually be. For me, the only important piece of information was the dates.

It's also, based on past experience, probably not everything that's coming.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 03-14-2012 at 09:12 PM.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I'm hopping NCAA 13 feels ... heavier. 12 just feels like a game where everyone is on roller skates. I can stop on a dime with just about anybody, & I don't even use the juke controls. There's no point when you can just cut back manually. I like the idea of a new passing concept though. While the "QB Vision" cone was something many people hated, it made passing harder. In fact, it separated the good players from the bad ones. I think at the end of it all, that's what I want. It's to a point that the less skilled players can beat anybody because there's so much handicapping. For example, Run/Pass commit, jump snap, auto strafe, auto sprint, & those "focuses" on taking away certain things. Get all of the fluff out of the game.

i think the new passing system is something like the double tab button method. and it makes sense with the new "read and react" defensive ai too.

Double tab? Not sure I know what that is...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Double tab? Not sure I know what that is...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think it's one that Oneback originally proposed... essentially you hit the receiver icon once to look at them, then again to actually throw it. It's a way to incorporate the idea of where the QB is looking without having the true vision cone.

Whatever happened to procedural awareness? I thought that was a big item a few years ago but now it is nowhere to be found.