Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA 13 Website Details Feature Release Schedule

• Facebook
  • Display
    I'm interested in the new passing game mechanics. I really hope they do something for a timing based system.

Studio analysts in dynasty sounds cool. Better and more dynamic commentary for specific players would be good as well.

I will still be disappointed if there isn't an option for player momentum like the speed threshold the last couple years. I simply won't buy this game if the players move and feel the same as NCAA 12.

Gotta admit, waiting on information and seeing the direction the team is taking NCAA each and every year is exciting. Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    Gotta admit, waiting on information and seeing the direction the team is taking NCAA each and every year is exciting. Can't wait!
    I know what you mean man, we can't wait to be able to discuss all of this with you guys. One thing attending the events has done is to make Jan-July stretch WAY the hell out for me. I used to get by on the little snippets of info that would come out but now it's like: "C'mon already just gimme the damn game!" Not that I'm complaining even a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
    I know what you mean man, we can't wait to be able to discuss all of this with you guys. One thing attending the events has done is to make Jan-July stretch WAY the hell out for me. I used to get by on the little snippets of info that would come out but now it's like: "C'mon already just gimme the damn game!" Not that I'm complaining even a little bit.
    Kwizzy I may have to give you a kick in the shin when psuexv and I travel down for the PSU game this year

This is a fun time though like you said. Keep up the great work guys and continue to push this game for the betterment of all of us!

Kwizzy I may have to give you a kick in the shin when psuexv and I travel down for the PSU game this year

This is a fun time though like you said. Keep up the great work guys and continue to push this game for the betterment of all of us!
    I probably deserve that. But in all seriousness, the schedule they have layed out looks like a good plan to me for revealing this year's game. Really excited to talk with you guys about it all and get your impressions once things are announced. Looking forward to seeing you guys for the Penn St game too.

I gotta admit, the layout of the upcoming events is really nice. I think it is a good idea and keeps everyone up to speed and not constantly asking or wondering hey hey when is the next tidbit going to drop. Now we have a really good idea of when

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Read and React Defense kinda has me thinking.......

Seems like something that is virtually the same as psychic D (if you believe it exist). Just those words "read and react" giving the record of how the game sometimes operates i'm kinda iffy, but I'm a patient man no need for me to jump to any forgone conclusions.

Can't wait until you guys can say if it is making a difference for the better or worse of the game.

As long as superlinebackers are gone and the dynasty website actually works in NCAA13 (bug free please) I'm happy

I gotta admit, the layout of the upcoming events is really nice. I think it is a good idea and keeps everyone up to speed and not constantly asking or wondering hey hey when is the next tidbit going to drop. Now we have a really good idea of when

Looking forward to hearing from you all.
    Question is, will they be able to keep on that schedule or will dates get pushed around?

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyeguy View Post
    As long as superlinebackers are gone and the dynasty website actually works in NCAA13 (bug free please) I'm happy
    For the most part I am right along there with you I am pretty easy to please as this game isn't exactly something I would tend to get worked up over. Just saying that short statement can go either way when dealing with an EA football product.

Will wait and see what in depth info we receive on April 17th and May 7th since that is when the mildly interesting info will drop. I really wanted to hear that height and weight matters in an attempt to bring physics into play for NCAA 13, but it doesn't look like EA Tiburon can accomplish that this gen which is sad. I also wanted to see some sort of play editor, better O-line/D-line interactions that actually look like real football players rather than 2 big guys playing patty cake, and a totally new recruiting interface that gets rid of the slot machine recruiting, ugh that is just stupid.

Hopefully EA Tiburon didn't mess up the passing game too much or at least give us the old system as an option.
    Last edited by WolverineJay; 03-13-2012 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WolverineJay View Post
    Will wait and see what in depth info we receive on April 17th and May 7th since that is when the mildly interesting info will drop. I really wanted to hear that height and weight matters in an attempt to bring physics into play for NCAA 13, but it doesn't look like EA Tiburon can accomplish that this gen which is sad. I also wanted to see some sort of play editor, better O-line/D-line interactions that actually look like real football players rather than 2 big guys playing patty cake, and a totally new recruiting interface that gets rid of the slot machine recruiting, ugh that is just stupid.

Hopefully EA Tiburon didn't mess up the passing game too much or at least give us the old system as an option.
    Some of the things you mentioned still are possibilities. I think the topics listed are just an outline, and they will go more in depth with them on those specific dates.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    I dunno why but this scares me. Visions of some [censored] up analog control system where you have to flick BOTH analog sticks at JUST THE RIGHT SPEED @ JUST THE RIGHT ANGLE to throw the ball or some other nonsense.

Seriously after the new putter fiasco in the TW demo I'm worried there are going to be literally ZERO games that I am able to play anymore.
    Agreed.

months away... big/fancy names for stuff weve either seen before or will not care about 5 to 10 games in.

I believe what ever they do with passing will be intuitive and not some funky button feature like the old cone....but things are still so choppy and robotic, I dont see how wr/db interactions will be be all that fascinating.....just thoughts, you know i'm amused by the game as a game/as is.. I just hope they dont botch it up like they did this/last year...?

and whats the oldest heisman guy on the game and how will they depict those uniforms ?
    Last edited by ram29jackson; 03-13-2012 at 10:42 PM.

Will the game be playable in July? Or will we have to wait to November where they possibly fix all the game breaking glitches??The deeper recruiting sounds good as most of EAs early hype notes do. Im sure there will be some major flaw that makes recruiting even worse. Dont get excited people, I got $20 says that the tendency glitch will be in NCAA 13.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Question is, will they be able to keep on that schedule or will dates get pushed around?
    Based on the impression I got of the people who would have been in charge of making that schedule, they wouldn't have put dates down if they weren't comfortable with meeting them. That can always change, but that was my impression.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by GatorBait06NC View Post
    Will the game be playable in July? Or will we have to wait to November where they possibly fix all the game breaking glitches??The deeper recruiting sounds good as most of EAs early hype notes do. Im sure there will be some major flaw that makes recruiting even worse. Dont get excited people, I got $20 says that the tendency glitch will be in NCAA 13.
    I must agree with you in some way here. For years now there has been some sort of glitch in some mode of this game to make it unplayable for SOME, and then when they try to fix it with a patch, the patch messes up another part of the game. I understand that patches are needed and no game is ever perfect, especially a game as complex as football, but before they release a patch or fix something I think they should thoroughly make sure it does not hinder another feature or aspect of the game.

I do believe they got greedy last year and bit off more than they could chew trying to wow everyone..hopefully they balance it out this time

I know we are just throwing out ideas here but I really hope that the new passing feature doesn't involve dual analog controls. That just seems to have bad idea written all over it in my opinion.

Although I was also pissed back in the 90's when they changed from the eligible receivers being in boxes across the top of the screen to having to actually scan the field to see everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    That's a very fair question.