Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: NCAA 13 Website Details Feature Release Schedule

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    But if he throws 25 passes in a game, that would be an astonishing 25 additional button presses. Can't you see? There is no way a controller could hold up to that kind of wear and tear. It's impossible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

youre very base in your in logic as usual and miss the point entirely..it can take nothing more than a couple really hard angry presses depending on the controller and situation to mess it up..sometimes you dont tap..you press and hold and push..while i understand these things are pretty sturdy..its still testing it more than I would want to..i'm pointing to an extreme possibility..but it still is a possibility

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    youre very base in your in logic as usual and miss the point entirely..it can take nothing more than a couple really hard angry presses depending on the controller and situation to mess it up..sometimes you dont tap..you press and hold and push..while i understand these things are pretty sturdy..its still testing it more than I would want to..i'm pointing to an extreme possibility..but it still is a possibility
    Damn! 2 Nominees in less than 4 hours!

Keep fighting the good fight, bro.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by beartide06 View Post
    Bingo. I feel as if though the juke and spin moves are almost irrelevant. When I can just use the left stick to stop, go, and cut I do not need a spin or juke that takes twice as long to perform, and also allows defenders to catch up to me and tackle me. They do seem to be ice-skating during jukes as well. Oh, and run commit is way too... gah, what is the word I am looking for... I don't know it seems like when you commit on runs every guy tries to go in the same gap. I think the run/pass commit they had in the game when it was post snap was better and more realistic.
    I agree with both you and hitstick. I know we debated over how effective or useless the juke move was last year (I felt it was neutered far too much) but it was just a part of a bad physics engine. The over-stated juke move of the past wouldn't be necessary if players actually had momentum that could be used against them. A fresh and realistic approach to a physics engine (or at least an option to tweak it for some of us) would be absolutely huge for this series imo. And in game saves!

the juke move has been extreme and cartoony till now..I believe its more realistic looking now and does what its suppose to

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I think it's one that Oneback originally proposed... essentially you hit the receiver icon once to look at them, then again to actually throw it. It's a way to incorporate the idea of where the QB is looking without having the true vision cone.
    Sounds interesting. Thx G!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    the juke move has been extreme and cartoony till now..I believe its more realistic looking now and does what its suppose to
    It's at the point where it doesn't work though. Madden 12 it works sometimes, but on PS2 the NCAA/Madden jukes were sharp & effective. Sometimes too effective, but you get my point.

Quote Originally Posted by xMrHitStickx904 View Post
    It's at the point where it doesn't work though. Madden 12 it works sometimes, but on PS2 the NCAA/Madden jukes were sharp & effective. Sometimes too effective, but you get my point.
    I Cant say the Juke doesnt work, it doesn't work as well as it did in the older games but it does still work. The thing about it now is that you have to hit it at the perfect time, and your RB pretty much has to have a decent/good elusiveness, now the juke rating is pretty useless within itself because without the elusiveness the juke move rating is FUBAR.

I can agree with earlier post that it slows you down but shouldn't it? I mean only a handful of guys every season or "pick your interval" can actually juke and keep their speed, doesn't the move itself require some form of slow down because you have to plant your feet?

The main problem with the juke move is the fact that you are better off using the left analog stick rather than using the "juke" move. You can change direction much easier using the left analog while not losing any speed.

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    I Cant say the Juke doesnt work, it doesn't work as well as it did in the older games but it does still work. The thing about it now is that you have to hit it at the perfect time, and your RB pretty much has to have a decent/good elusiveness, now the juke rating is pretty useless within itself because without the elusiveness the juke move rating is FUBAR.

I can agree with earlier post that it slows you down but shouldn't it? I mean only a handful of guys every season or "pick your interval" can actually juke and keep their speed, doesn't the move itself require some form of slow down because you have to plant your feet?
    I understand that. I think the juke should slow you down in some type of shape or fashion. But players like L. James, P. Harvin in the past should have been able to make one juke or cut & regain top speed quickly. The problem is that I think NCAA lacks the amount of type of runningbacks & receivers. That plays into your assessment of the elusiveness ratings. It's to the point now that players that should be able to juke defenders out can't because the jukes don't even work. The spin is useless too.

Quote Originally Posted by ryby6969 View Post
    The main problem with the juke move is the fact that you are better off using the left analog stick rather than using the "juke" move. You can change direction much easier using the left analog while not losing any speed.
    Yes. I mentioned this earlier. It's convenient, but still kind of dumb. You don't even make a cut, you literally change direction without any feeling of weight & momentum coming into play. Literally, the game looks and feels like you're playing on a ice rink instead of turf.

Whenever I watch a real football game I see players juke guys all the time. They aren't super jukes but single cuts that use the defenders weight against them as they go by. I felt that was impossible in NCAA 12. I really, really dislike the lack of weight and momentum in the game to the point I won't buy this game this year if it doesn't change. I felt ripped off last year. Won't blow my money this year.

Over the last few days I have got back into playing NCAA 12 (after a ton of time with Madden and FIFA). After six games I am ready to scream. I completely forgot about how "broken" the defensive pass A.I. game actually is. Watching weight and momentum have no meaning as a LB switches direction with no rhyme or reason WHEN THE BALL IS IN THE AIR; watching DB's warp through your receiver to make an int.; the notorious eyes in the back of the head phenomenon... but for me the worst of the worst... WATCHING THE DB's run in FRONT of the receiver (running the actual receiver route). A new passing game means nothing if these defensive issues are not 100% fixed. Now some of these issues still plagued Madden 12 as well, but nowhere near as bad as in NCAA 12.

another thing....ya' know,it wouldnt be all that fun unless you could put the legends in Dynasty rosters and use them in online games too
    Last edited by ram29jackson; 03-21-2012 at 04:00 PM.

I think a PC editor and a way to share rosters over PC and then transfer to either console would be awesome if possible. I know Adam Thompson had talked about this a couple years ago but it takes a lot of hours to do. I'll take in game saves over it though.

hopefully monday wont be a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    hopefully monday wont be a disappointment.
    I know what the blog is about, but I dont know what to expect. Last year, IGN had preview blogs either the Friday before blogs or a few days before.
    Hopefully there isnt too much on team run-outs and mascots. I just want to know about the improved Atmosphere(non-commentary, since itll probably will be released with Dynasty blog).

Quote Originally Posted by illwill10 View Post
    It actually sounds interesting. But, as long as it isnt frequent and doesnt have bugs. I dont want to hear "_____ is up _ to _ againt ______" or something similar every game. I would be good with just ticker.
    I'd like to see a ticker with an actual score change......or even a SCORE ALERT where the score pops up on the bottom of the screen: (Army 14 Navy 14) then one score changes: (Army 20 Navy 14) something like that would be cool and realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kansacity88 View Post
    I'd like to see a ticker with an actual score change......or even a SCORE ALERT where the score pops up on the bottom of the screen: (Army 14 Navy 14) then one score changes: (Army 20 Navy 14) something like that would be cool and realistic.
    Kinda like that Priority Score Alert or Upset Watch Alert...doesn't ESPN kinda do those both now?

the present game has alot in it..at least externally. Dynasty mode allows you the freedom to do a ton of things.

but the on field play is fragmented in alot of ways,just kind of one dimensional..alot of the plays in the playbook..its been years and there is no point in them being there,they dont actually fuction as they should or in a very unrealistic way.

it seems silly to me that a simple dive/run play to left or right..I always cut to the opposite side as soon as the ball is handed off because thats where the hole always is...dont say"well,that happens in real life too"..thats not the point.There is never a hole in the designed direction in this video game.