Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Demo Out Today!

• Facebook
  • Display

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Demo Out Today!

The wait is now over to get your hands on the new swing mechanic for Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13. The demo is currently available for XBOX Live Gold Members, and will be available for the PS3 once the store updates later tonight. Make sure to leave your thoughts on the demo here!

You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...emo-Out-Today!
    The dude abides.

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 Demo.

I downloaded the demo this morning and i'm have some trouble with my swing. Everytime I go to swing, it comes up "practice swing". Any idea what i'm doing wrong? Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

Edit: I was pressing down on the left stick as I was swinging.
    Last edited by NatureBoy; 03-06-2012 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NatureBoy View Post
    I downloaded the demo this morning and i'm have some trouble with my swing. Everytime I go to swing, it comes up "practice swing". Any idea what i'm doing wrong? Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

Edit: I was pressing down on the left stick as I was swinging.
    Lol, I have a feeling there is going to be quite the learning curve here.

FYI, the demo does not tie into the Country Clubs.

What time is this going to be out on PS3? Like 5 or 6 tonight right?

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    Lol, I have a feeling there is going to be quite the learning curve here.
    You can say that again. The new swing mechanic is going to take some time to get used to for me. Does anyone know if you have the option to use the classic swing instead of the new feature?

Quote Originally Posted by ryby6969 View Post
    What time is this going to be out on PS3? Like 5 or 6 tonight right?
    Whenever the PSN store updates. It's never a set time. There is a chance you can find it though by just doing a search for Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 in the search box within the PSN store. There are times that you can access the stuff for the upcoming week before the store fully updates. When I get home in an hour or so I'll try the search myself if the store hasn't updated. Lately the store has been updating late, around the 8PM central range.

You can say that again. The new swing mechanic is going to take some time to get used to for me. Does anyone know if you have the option to use the classic swing instead of the new feature?
    I want to think no because the purpose of a new swing system was to take the exploits out of the old swing system. I could be wrong though.

I tried searching but it was not there yet.

Just confirmed with a dev that the old swing feature is completely gone.

I'm going to be downloading the demo in a bit, but if swinging is fucktard hard, I don't know if I'm going to bother to move up from 12. Most of the time I'm playing just to have fun. If this new swing system is going to do nothing but piss me off, I'm sticking with 12.

downloading now

I am a Tourney player, no assists, etc. From tee to green the game is just fine. Once you are on the green the tempo in the putt is going to take getting used to. I backed down to pro and the tempo was a bit easier to work with. You get used to putting the same way all these years and doing so equates in a ton of fast tempo putts. This is one area I will need to relearn. I like that the full putt swing affects the putt, I just think it is still a bit off/herkey jerk and wish they had simply copied Links 2004 putting, still the best putting for people like myself who prefer to not use swing meters.

Have only played one hole, but I can already say I HATE this new piece of shit putt meter. Why the hell did EA have to go and completely fuck with everything from last year?

Just got through playing two rounds, one at Ocean Club and the other at the Masters. At Ocean Club, I bombed as I was getting used to the new swing system. However, when I played Augusta, I ended up with -1. I think I am going to like the new swing system as it kinda takes me back to the old Links days. There also seems to be of tweaking that was done. I know there was an issue with folks holding their club during the backswing to gain a bit of an advantage, but that is now gone.

I agree with BDoughty and Smooth, putting appears to be the one area that will be trial and error. I do think the swing meter will take some getting used to as it appears to be more rhythmic. There many times that my backswing was considered slow, but my forward swing was considered perfect. Will play some more with different levels and settings to get a clearer picture.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Just confirmed with a dev that the old swing feature is completely gone.
    Thanks for the info JB. I didn't have a lot of time to mess with it this morning. I'm going to play around with it later tonight. (That's what she said!)

I was alright for the most part with the new swing system. But that putting system right now is ruining the game for me. Played one round at the Masters, went 7 strokes on the Par 4 14th, 8 strokes on the Par 5 15th, and 6 strokes on the Par 3 16th, all putting at least 3+ times. That putt meter is so unnatural and screwed up, that alone could potentially keep me from even bothering to purchase this game at all. Right now, in tonight alone, TW13 has gone from a preorder purchase to off the radar until the fall or later after the price has plummeted.

Can't confirm but I believe psn store has been updated according to twitter.

Yea, demo is on PSN. You have to search for it though.

@SmoothPancakes - Sorry you don't like the putting bud. It is a drastic change to the way it used to be done. I think you should try it a little more tho. It just takes some getting used to.

Quote Originally Posted by HANDSWARD View Post
    Yea, demo is on PSN. You have to search for it though.

@SmoothPancakes - Sorry you don't like the putting bud. It is a drastic change to the way it used to be done. I think you should try it a little more tho. It just takes some getting used to.
    I'm gonna keep trying it out, but at least right now in my brief experience with it, I personally don't like it. Maybe it'll grow on me. The swing meter I'm alright with. Besides a tee shot that went only 60 yards, I didn't have much problems with the swings. It's just putting right now. After pre-ordering the last two TW games, including TW12, that I pre-ordered months before it even came out, I've been looking forward to this one. It's just going to depend right now on whether or not I can make do with this new putting meter.