Thread: Custom Conference 2.0, addition w/o subtraction and more.......

• Facebook
  • Display

Custom Conference 2.0, addition w/o subtraction and more.......

If I see at least two of these in the next version, I would be very happy!

1. Custom Conference was a success, so lets take it a little deeper.....let users select and have more than 1 rivalry game. Look at teams in the SEC and Big 10....some of them have like 3-4 rivals! I like the suggestion of one of the users below with the use of NFL stadiums. 2-3 years ago, Illinois and Mizzou started their seasons in the Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis. A year or so ago, Wisconsin took on Northern Illinois at Soldier Field! Why not put the NFL stadiums in the game. That way, you could change venues for your home games OR even the conference championship games!

2. Superconferences? 16 teams? Okay, how about 16 users? - If we are allowed to make Super Conferences then put four more users in the game! This feeds off of #1.....and while we are at it.....it takes me to #3;

3. Let us add Teambuilder teams without taking the teams they are replacing, out! I know it cant be unlimited and there will probably be some limit to the teams we can put in but I would say.....oh......why not make the limit up to 16? 16 users......16 additional teams......Superconference!!! BOOM!!!

4. Teambuilder - Hmmmm.....where do I start? Well, anything is better than what we've had for two years now! Teambuilder is such a great asset to the NCAA series. Dont let it go to waste.....upgrade it please!!!

5. Finally.....getting an idea from #4, whatever happened to the FCS? PS2 had FCS schools! They ARE a part of the NCAA, no? Bring them back in.

Agree fully with all!
    #2 Ability to dissolve a conference (WAC) and move teams to other conferences. Bowl affiliations can change to 'at large'.
    #3 I'd be happy with just being able to add 1 school!

It's Custom Conference 3.0, dang it! We've already had two versions!

Quote Originally Posted by Kansacity88 View Post
    1. Custom Conference was a success, so lets take it a little deeper.....let users select and have more than 1 rivalry game. Look at teams in the SEC and Big 10....some of them have like 3-4 rivals!
    No Conference (other than the Big 10 when they had 11 teams) has had more than one protected rivalry game, that I know of. Custom Conferences isn't designed to determine your rivals, just which cross-division games are guaranteed to be on your schedule. While I like the idea, they had to bring in a mathematician to figure out how the SEC's schedule was going to work this year. Adding multiple protected conference games is so complicated that it might require an entire math department.

2. Superconferences? 16 teams? Okay, how about 16 users?
    Agreed, though this has relatively little to do with Custom Conferences.

3. Let us add Teambuilder teams without taking the teams they are replacing, out! I know it cant be unlimited and there will probably be some limit to the teams we can put in but I would say.....oh......why not make the limit up to 16? 16 users......16 additional teams......Superconference!!! BOOM!!!
    Great idea!

PS2 had FCS schools! They ARE a part of the NCAA, no? Bring them back in.
    Sadly, even PS1 had FCS schools.

Quote Originally Posted by WildBucFan13 View Post
    Agree fully with all!
    #2 Ability to dissolve a conference (WAC) and move teams to other conferences. Bowl affiliations can change to 'at large'.
    #3 I'd be happy with just being able to add 1 school!
    Agreed on both, though they'd have to get the NCAA to agree to let them dissolve a conference. Personally, I don't see that happening.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 06-28-2012 at 10:03 PM.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

The ability to dissolve a conference is gonna be beyond the NCAA's control. It's already happening. Next year we're looking at La Tech and UTSA moving to CUSA, San Jose State and Utah State moving to MWC and Texas State moving to Sunbelt. That would leave Idaho and New Mexico State as the only football teams standing. The conference is dead in regards to being a FBS football conference. I just want to be able to make the same changes in Dynasty mode, but the game won't let you go lower than 4/5(?) teams.

You're NEVER going to be able to dissolve/remove a conference. The NCAA won't allow it unless it has already happened, past tense, in which case, the conference just won't be in the product altogether.
    Last edited by souljahbill; 06-29-2012 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    You're NEVER going to be able to dissolve/remove a conference. The NCAA won't allow it unless it has already happened, past tense, I which case, the conference just won't be in the product altogether.
    This. Sure, many of us say we want the ability to do so, so we can delete or remove the WAC and keep a realistic conference set up as we go through our dynasties, but what about the hundreds of thousands of others out there, who might want to or will delete conferences like the MAC, or SEC, or Big East, or Big Ten? Yeah, I'm pretty sure the NCAA would have a big ass problem with that being possible to do in the game. Therefore, never gonna happen. I've been fighting the good fight for two years now, but even I accept now that it plain and simple is never going to happen. The NCAA will never allow EA to allow it to happen in the game.

You're right. I keep forgetting that the teams, conferences and players aren't REAL representations. I guess it's ok for me to swap Texas, Oklahoma, USC and Notre Dame into the SEC as long as I move 4 teams out. The NCAA shouldn't have any problems with that...

You're right. I keep forgetting that the teams, conferences and players aren't REAL representations. I guess it's ok for me to swap Texas, Oklahoma, USC and Notre Dame into the SEC as long as I move 4 teams out. The NCAA shouldn't have any problems with that...
    It's business, man. The NCAA just won't let people rid themselves of their partners. It's their license so they have final say with what they're cool with and what they aren't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I know. It's just that I'm a little OCD when it comes to the game. I can't even stand to start playing until I have all the names and numbers correct (thank goodness I can now download the rosters!).

It'll just bug me (in the back of my mind) that the conferences won't be accurate after year 2 in Dynasty mode. Guess I'll just have to live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    It's business, man. The NCAA just won't let people rid themselves of their partners. It's their license so they have final say with what they're cool with and what they aren't.
    I imagine it's not just the NCAA. The conferences themselves may have to sign off on their representation (not sure how much autonomy the CLC has to answer licensing questions). Obviously the WAC isn't going to sign off on their own death sentence.

It'll just bug me (in the back of my mind) that the conferences won't be accurate after year 2 in Dynasty mode. Guess I'll just have to live with it.
    FWIW, you could convince yourself that since we don't know the future, the WAC could find a way to survive (since I personally believe they will find a way).
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I imagine it's not just the NCAA. The conferences themselves may have to sign off on their representation (not sure how much autonomy the CLC has to answer licensing questions). Obviously the WAC isn't going to sign off on their own death sentence.

FWIW, you could convince yourself that since we don't know the future, the WAC could find a way to survive (since I personally believe they will find a way).
    The WAC will survive, because my teambuilder team is joining that conference.