Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 NFL Offseason Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I wonder how Eddie Royal feels now, leaving a decent WR corps for the Chargers, only to have Peyton Manning come to Denver days after he leaves.
    On top of that, he won't get as wide open with the team no longer having Vincent Jackson, and now Tolbert signed with the Panthers. I'm guessing he's saying OH SHIT right now.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    On top of that, he won't get as wide open with the team no longer having Vincent Jackson, and now Tolbert signed with the Panthers. I'm guessing he's saying OH SHIT right now.
    Yep. He went from what would have been a golden situation had he waited a week longer or simply just stayed. Maybe it'll work out for him, but right now, it looks like he made a huge mistake leaving for the Chargers.

I have never been a Peyton Manning fan, unless he was playing against the Patriots. How funny would it be if the Broncos fail to make the playoffs this year.

Spoiler: show
    Very

If he is healthy, that is very unlikely in that division. Going against Oak, KC, and SD twice each? Add into the fact that his defense should be one of the best he has had in his career. I like his chances.

To be fair, Rivers has won 4 of his last 5 against Peyton, including 2 in the playoffs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    To be fair, Rivers has won 4 of his last 5 against Peyton, including 2 in the playoffs.

Yeah, but the Colts haven't exactly been known for their outstanding defense. The defense is by far the best unit for the Broncos. Offense is good and with Peyton will be even better, but it's been defense that has been the #1 unit for the Broncos in the past couple years. Combine the two, and I think Peyton and the Broncos can take on Rivers.

And we seen this past year how good of a team Manning has had around him. I think this will be the best supporting cast Peyton has had around him in close to 5 years.

Of the 4 previous 2-time MVP QBs to switch teams (Unitas, Favre, Warner, Montana) none has gone on to win a championship or last more than 2 seasons. We'll see if this time is different.

Don't get me wrong, if healthy, Manning makes the Broncos the favorite in the AFC West. But I wouldn't be stunned if any of the 4 teams (except maybe the Raiders) won the division next year.

Honestly, I think KC will be their biggest challenge. I do not think very highly of Norv Turner, so I would not put any faith in him. The Raiders are, well the Raiders. We will see how much of a difference it makes with Davis being gone. Again, none of this will matter if he does not get healthy and stay healthy.

Well as a Raiders fan I'm not super happy to see Manning go to Denver. Overall, I am still in 100% shock that Manning wants to go to Denver... the Tebow thing will really hang over his head if he struggles. So now the question becomes... who wants Tebow???

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Well as a Raiders fan I'm not super happy to see Manning go to Denver. Overall, I am still in 100% shock that Manning wants to go to Denver... the Tebow thing will really hang over his head if he struggles. So now the question becomes... who wants Tebow???
    Personally, I think the Broncos should keep Tebow. If Manning were to get reinjured or some sort of setback in his rehab, what are they gonna do? Literally, the only QBs they have right now are Tebow and Adam Weber, a rookie from Minnesota. If god forbid something happened to Manning, we would be FUCKED at QB.

Personally, I think the Broncos should keep Tebow.
    Unless Tebow can suddenly run a Peyton Manning-style offense, no way. You don't want to switch your entire playbook just for your backup. He could be useful in package situations, but as a backup? No way.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Unless Tebow can suddenly run a Peyton Manning-style offense, no way. You don't want to switch your entire playbook just for your backup. He could be useful in package situations, but as a backup? No way.
    Yeah, but you have to have someone decent as a backup, at least Tebow has shown he can do some stuff. The Broncos literally have no one. They have Tebow and some random rookie, that's it. If they get rid of Tebow, who do they pickup?

Yeah, but you have to have someone decent as a backup, at least Tebow has shown he can do some stuff. The Broncos literally have no one. They have Tebow and some random rookie, that's it. If they get rid of Tebow, who do they pickup?
    There are plenty of backups available.

There are plenty of backups available.

As long as they're good backups. If Manning should happen to get injured again or have a setback with his rehab, I don't want some no talent scrub as our only hope at QB.

As long as they're good backups.
    You could get Jake Delhomme, Kerry Collins or even the great Curtis Painter!

There are some decent options, though nothing to write home about. Adam Weber isn't a bad QB by any means, especially if Peyton is able to teach him some things in the offseason.

The Broncos could also get a late round QB as an insurance policy. Kellen Moore, perhaps? Case Keenam?
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

You could get Jake Delhomme, Kerry Collins or even the great Curtis Painter!

There are some decent options, though nothing to write home about. Adam Weber isn't a bad QB by any means, especially if Peyton is able to teach him some things in the offseason.

The Broncos could also get a late round QB as an insurance policy. Kellen Moore, perhaps? Case Keenam?
    Yeah, I'll admit I don't know much about Adam Weber, but I'm doubting he's a Tim Tebow, so he probably wouldn't be that great if he got thrown into action suddenly.

Drafting one would be an option, though as you said, it'd have to be a late rounder. If we waste another first round draft pick on yet another QB, when we have some other holes we could easily fill with a 1st round draft pick, I'm gonna .

um..did you forget? thats exactly what they did last season LOL they altered it and dumbed it down just for him..and beat the Steelers..with a pass play...

unimportant stat considering their individual histories. Rivers dont got nothing on Manning.

i'm kinda' upset..the Manning name would look much better on a SF jersey.
    Broncos jerseys look a little boring/generic in a way..the big side stripe panel just doesnt do it for me

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    unimportant stat considering their individual histories. Rivers dont got nothing on Manning.

i'm kinda' upset..the Manning name would look much better on a SF jersey.
    Broncos jerseys look a little boring/generic in a way..the big side stripe panel just doesnt do it for me