Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 NFL Offseason Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    Not bad for an "undersized" QB.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    The dude abides.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    He deserves EVERY PENNY OF IT. What that dude has done for New Orleans the city as well as that football franchise is immeasurable.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    He deserves EVERY PENNY OF IT. What that dude has done for New Orleans the city as well as that football franchise is immeasurable.
    the Saints' higher ups about fucked up more than the franchise already is.

The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Not bad for an "undersized" QB.
    With a thought to have destroyed shoulder years back. Not bad at all.

I still remember the first time I watched a game of his while at Purdue. They ran the sickest fake, reverse or whatever it was I've ever seen. He hit the ball on his leg and casually stood there...then heaved the ball some 40-50 yards. The pass was incomplete but it completely fooled everyone for a good 3-4 seconds...maybe even more.

I'll try to find that play. Ever since I tried to watch him while in college.

Not surprising for a guy who works his ass off...

Polamalu admits he has lied about concussions...

Not surprising for a guy who works his ass off...

Polamalu admits he has lied about concussions...
    You have to think that most pro football players have had at least one, whether they know it or not. The speed and contact of the game are just insane now.

The number of NFL players who have been arrested in the last 10 days is staggering.

The number of thugs on the Lions' roster is making Cincinnati look good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    The number of NFL players who have been arrested in the last 10 days is staggering.

The number of thugs on the Lions' roster is making Cincinnati look good.

I'm disappointed in my Raiders. In the past you could always depend on 5-10 off season arrests. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    You have to think that most pro football players have had at least one, whether they know it or not. The speed and contact of the game are just insane now.
    Hell, when I played back in high school, there were multiple times I never told the trainers or coaches about headaches or other issues. There was at least one or two times that I am almost damn certain I had a concussion, never told a soul. I wasn't about to even risk being pulled out of practice or a game for a week or more because of a concussion, and this was only regular old high school football. So players lying about or never telling anyone about concussions in the NFL, I'd bet probably every single NFL player has done it at least once.

Well, and today, with as much attention as concussions are getting you probably can't claim ignorance -- but five, ten years ago, who knew what a concussion was, and what all the symptoms were? I went headfirst into a concrete wall, and blacked out for a moment. Looking back: pretty sure that was a concussion. But I wasn't checked out because other than my bell being run, I was okay.

Concussions are a major problem, but like most things, we've cranked it to 11 and have probably not given much thought to why.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I think the Dolphins have a chance to surprise some people this year (ie 8-9 wins and maybe sneak into the playoffs) IF David Garrard has a good year. I've always felt he was underrated as a QB and the early reports are good. Chad Johnson looks like he has something left in the tank. I had my doubts but I think he will probably contribute this year. He certainly won't be an all-pro but it looks like he's not completely useless like last year. Maybe 40+ catches. The WR corp still scares me and the right side of the OL is a question mark but I think they will be more like the second half team last year than the 0-7 losers at the beginning. I'd like another pass rusher outside of Wake to emerge. He's the only threat on their team. The switch to the 4-3 may help as a lot of the 3-4 DEs they had were natural 4-3 DTs.

Steelers Coach Mike Tomlin extended 3-years through 2016

http://www.steelers.com/news/article..._breaking_news

Definitely love this move.

skip.

Adam Schefter
    Panthers C Ryan Kalil took an ad out in today's Observer saying the Panthers will win this season's Super Bowl.
    Rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Rofl.

Well, you have to appreciate his passion, however misguided it is.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Well, you have to appreciate his passion, however misguided it is.
    Yep. Every player, regardless of team should think that and should believe that. But you DON'T take out a full page ad in the newspaper saying you WILL win the Super Bowl THAT year.

Yep. Every player, regardless of team should think that and should believe that. But you DON'T take out a full page ad in the newspaper saying you WILL win the Super Bowl THAT year.
    Especially in a division with the Saints, Falcons, and Bucs. All that could be comparitively better than Carolina.

The dude abides.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    I gotta respect him for having the balls, even as stupid as he will look when they aren't even sniffing the playoffs.

As a fan of the Redskins and watching them bumble through ~20 years of mediocrity, having a player write something as eloquent as what he wrote with as much passion as it contains would make me think good things are happening on my football team.

Especially in a division with the Saints, Falcons, and Bucs. All that could be comparitively better than Carolina.

I don't know about that. On paper the NFC South is a strong division but the Bucs are unproven, who knows what will happen with the Saints after all the bounty scandal, and the Falcons have an uncanny ability for blowing their opportunities. If Newton can repeat what he did last year they will be an interesting story. Now do I think they will make the playoffs or win the SB... no. But never say never.