Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 NFL Offseason Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    Ram do you seriously believe the shit that you post or do you do it for the simple joy of stirring the pot?

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    i'm not saying its a great thing at all..but its not a big deal either.. and a coaches career shouldnt be made an example of in an extreme way..just charge a fine and move on..its the least important or interesting thing in this weeks news as far as I care....steroids and (((guys who cant read good))) are bigger problems LOL
    not a big deal? you have a coach that for at least 3 years, paid his players for deliberately trying to injure other players. and you think steroids are more important than this? but whatever, thats your opinion.

you guys are such pansies LOL..no, steroids IS a more important problem and always was...theres a fine line between just tackling and hitting a little harder when it comes to being a pro in football..again,this aint no big deal because its been going on in one form or another since the 1800s.. and come playoff time, all hits get harder and QBs will always be meat to be torn apart and they know it..again, stop taking extremes with what I say.. I already said,this isnt a great thing..but truly, it aint no big deal

Oh yeah, I forgot.

theres a fine line between just tackling and hitting a little harder when it comes to being a pro in football..
    If it were only that simple. The problem is when you have players actually going for the knockout instead of just "hitting harder", like going low and trying to take out a knee, basically hitting dirty.

Every NFL to youth football player hits about as hard as they can on every play. You always want to knock the snot out of someone.

If it were a simple, "hey, if we all hit cleanly and you knock someone out of the game you get a bounty" then I really wouldn't have a problem with it. But when money is involved, a lot of people will do what they can to get it.

The Steelers are constantly getting flags and fines/suspensions for what the league perceives, in super slow-motion, as them targeting a player's head. Other teams, obviously, have had their players fined as well. I'd say that a good 80% of the "illegal" hits nowadays - the ones that draw flags, fines and suspensions - are complete bullshit.

That said, if you expect me to accept Steelers getting fined and suspended for such things, yet turn a blind eye to other teams rewarding players for trying to injure, you're a fool.

There is a difference between hard-hitting, and trying to injure. While every player may be happy to hurt the opposing quarterback, it is the job of the league not to promote such activity. You cannot justify bounties no matter how you try.

The league cannot bang the drum (even if it's just for show and to curtail future lawsuits) about player safety and also ignore this.

Is this the biggest story in the history of the league? No. Is it surprising? No. Does it need to be dealt with? Absolutely.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    The Steelers are constantly getting flags and fines/suspensions for what the league perceives, in super slow-motion, as them targeting a player's head. Other teams, obviously, have had their players fined as well. I'd say that a good 80% of the "illegal" hits nowadays - the ones that draw flags, fines and suspensions - are complete bullshit.

That said, if you expect me to accept Steelers getting fined and suspended for such things, yet turn a blind eye to other teams rewarding players for trying to injure, you're a fool.

There is a difference between hard-hitting, and trying to injure. While every player may be happy to hurt the opposing quarterback, it is the job of the league not to promote such activity. You cannot justify bounties no matter how you try.

The league cannot bang the drum (even if it's just for show and to curtail future lawsuits) about player safety and also ignore this.

Is this the biggest story in the history of the league? No. Is it surprising? No. Does it need to be dealt with? Absolutely.

Late to the party but just read the article with Favre on nfl.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

That was an pitiful officiated game and there were definitely ALOT of late, unnecessary hits that weren't flagged. Going off what I remember of the game they were intentionally trying to put him out of the game...and I mean not in a "football" way.

and the way they do deal with it,will just get/give your team more fines and suspensions in the future..and so it goes...Pittsburgh isnt even good at tackling, ..that OT loss to Denver on the last play
    ..that was the biggest pathetic miffed tackle by 2 players in Steelers history LOL j/k

Well neither Mundy or Taylor should be model examples of tackling lol

Now if it were Clark or Polamalu my feeling would be different.

Bills, Titans, and Jags added to the list of teams bring investigated.

Pittsburgh isnt even good at tackling

Oh for the love of God.

Surprised Stevie Johnson re-signed with the Bills. Thought for sure he was going to jump ship.

Bills, Titans, and Jags added to the list of teams bring investigated.

soon,it will be illegal to play football IN football games

Is there another site we can trade ram with? We give them ram, they give us one of their members? And we just don't tell them about ram so they'll give us a good member in return.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Well neither Mundy or Taylor should be model examples of tackling lol

Now if it were Clark or Polamalu my feeling would be different.
    Actually, Ike Taylor is a very good tackler.

In fact, I read a breakdown last offseason that showed how all of his coverage numbers were on par with Revis' with the obvious exception of INTs. The breakdown detailed how much better he was in run support (and at tackling) than any of the top CBs in the league. The whole point of the article was that Taylor is as important to the Steelers' defense as Revis is to the Jets and that Pittsburgh was fortunate, from a salary cap standpoint, that Taylor's total package was perceived as less valuable than Revis' ability to create turnovers.

EDIT: that article may have been about Asomugha, can't remember. The point is the same, Taylor is a better tackler than most CBs.

Last edited by steelerfan; 03-05-2012 at 03:06 PM.

NFL says they have 18,000 documents and over 50,000 pages of evidence pertaining to the Saints' bounty system.