Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Madden NFL 13 Cover Vote.

• Facebook
  • Display
    it looks like you can vote more than once also...? uh oh...get ready for the Vick and Tebow freaks LOL
    http://www.facebook.com/sportsnation...34556763303407

Want to know why each player was selected to be in the #MyMaddenCoverVote? Check out the exclusive player cards and Vote.

http://www.ea.com/madden-nfl/1/covervote

Looks like the "Madden NFL 13" cover vote could be Cam Newton's to lose.

That's because with only a week left in the teammate versus teammate play-in round, Newton has already received more votes than any other player in the competition.

But Cam's ability to crush the vote isn't the only storyline being played out right now, as there are already a few surprises (and a few upsets) that might shock some of the higher-profile names in the vote.

First off, "Madden" legend (and last year's cover vote runner-up) Michael Vick, is in serious danger of getting bounced out early by teammate LeSean McCoy.

Another surprise is how close the Tim Tebow versus Von Miller vote has become. Not sure if it's the possibility of Peyton Manning coming to Denver and Tebow becoming a backup or getting traded, but Miller is right within striking distance for the upset.

Add to that the fact that Brandon Marshall and Brandon Lloyd are both leading their team's vote even though neither one is currently on the team they are representing, and we could see both the Dolphins and Rams without representation when the vote narrows down from 64 to 32.

One other player to keep an eye on is Victor Cruz of the Giants. Cruz is killing it right now in the vote, and his massive swell of support could mean big things (and a curse) in Cruz's future if he wins the cover.

http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/vide...name/thegamer/

I knew Tim Tebow-Von Miller would be close. While Tim Tebow obviously will get a ton of votes, not only from Denver fans, but people around the country, Von Miller has a hell of a following in Denver, and nationally, as well. It'll be interesting to see who wins in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by NatureBoy View Post
    Looks like the "Madden NFL 13" cover vote could be Cam Newton's to lose.

That's because with only a week left in the teammate versus teammate play-in round, Newton has already received more votes than any other player in the competition.

But Cam's ability to crush the vote isn't the only storyline being played out right now, as there are already a few surprises (and a few upsets) that might shock some of the higher-profile names in the vote.

First off, "Madden" legend (and last year's cover vote runner-up) Michael Vick, is in serious danger of getting bounced out early by teammate LeSean McCoy.

Another surprise is how close the Tim Tebow versus Von Miller vote has become. Not sure if it's the possibility of Peyton Manning coming to Denver and Tebow becoming a backup or getting traded, but Miller is right within striking distance for the upset.

Add to that the fact that Brandon Marshall and Brandon Lloyd are both leading their team's vote even though neither one is currently on the team they are representing, and we could see both the Dolphins and Rams without representation when the vote narrows down from 64 to 32.

One other player to keep an eye on is Victor Cruz of the Giants. Cruz is killing it right now in the vote, and his massive swell of support could mean big things (and a curse) in Cruz's future if he wins the cover.

its simple, Cam is the new Vick to the Cheese run around and pass masses LOL..but he is still a loser and wont be a post season threat either, so lets get some quality on the cover ! I'll even go for something humorously unexpected. Anything but Cam and his fakeness and bravado...yep, fakeness is not a word LOL

My votes:

Newton
    Gates
    McCoy
    Polamalu
    Forte
    Janikowski (would be AWESOME for a kicker to be on the cover )
    Stevie
    Cruz

Haden
    Lynch
    Green
    Brees
    Megatron
    Foster (fuck no on Tebow)
    Jared Allen
    Gronk

I wouldn't mind seeing any of these guys on the cover: Gronk, Jared Allen, Newton, Megatron, and of course my homer pick Forte.

Wondering if Tebow Mania + New York = 13 Cover?

EA has just launched their bracket app around the cover vote on Facebook. The grand prize winner gets two tickets to Super Bowl XLVII in enw Orleans. The 50 first prize winners get a redeemable code for a free copy of Madden NFL 13.

http://www.easports.com/mymaddencovervote

Said I wasn't going to participate in this but for a chance to win a prize I will lol

..with that said don't care for Facebook and I can't submit my freaking bracket.

The final 16 in the #MyMaddenCoverVote bracket has been set and voting is now open.

EA Sports must hate Jesus. That is all.

'Madden' Cover Vote: Sweet 16 update

Early numbers are in for the latest round of the "Madden NFL 13" cover vote, and there are a couple of surprises to report.

The closest race right now is Drew Brees versus Ray Rice. Rice took an early lead on Wednesday, but then Saints fans came out in full force Thursday night, and now Brees is up by the narrowest of margins -- 51 percent to 49 percent -- which translates to just a few thousand votes. I expect this one to come down to the final hours next week.

Another tight race is between Larry Fitzgerald and LeSean McCoy. After beating both Michael Vick and Reggie Bush convincingly, McCoy has fallen behind Fitzgerald by a few percentage points. If Philly fans want to push Shady through to the Elite Eight, they need to show up big this weekend, as the latest numbers show Fitzgerald holding 54 percent of the vote.

In the Battle of New York, Victor Cruz holds a commanding lead over Darrelle Revis, and with the numbers Cruz continues to put up round after round, the Giants receiver could end up being Cam Newton's biggest competition on the left side of the bracket.

Speaking of the left bracket, Patrick Willis looks to pull off the biggest upset of the tournament so far, as the 11 seed (who already upset both Vernon Davis and Matt Forte) is currently crushing former Madden Bowl champ, Maurice Jones-Drew. Will we finally see a defensive player appear solo on the cover? Hasn't happened since Ray Lewis introduced the Hit Stick back in "Madden NFL 2005" (arguably the best "Madden" of all time).

If anyone deserves the honor, it's Willis, the player who brings the Hit Stick with him on every play.

"When you're playing 'Madden,' people throw the ball over the middle too much. I want them to show people get a crushed collarbone or a crushed ankle or a crushed sternum or something," Willis told me during a recent interview. "I wish when you put a Hit Stick on someone, you could put them out of the game. I was playing the other day, and I was in a Cover 2 Man, and my homeboy was completing passes over my defenders every time. I just want to Hit Stick him and put him out of the game."

Sounds like it's time to bring back the old "Madden" ambulance and put it on the cover next to Willis. Talk about a box to remember.

'Madden' Cover Vote: The Elite Eight

And then there were eight.

One linebacker, one running back, two quarterbacks, three wide receivers, and one tight end.

Patrick Willis has pulled off the biggest upsets in the "Madden" Cover Vote to date, advancing to the Elite Eight from the 11 seed. Both number one seeds are still in the tournament (Cam Newton, Aaron Rodgers), both number two seeds remain unbeaten (Rob Gronkowski, Victor Cruz), and Larry Fitzgerald is still alive to become the first ever two-time "Madden" cover athlete.

Can Fitzgerald really pull this off? Let's take a look at how the round of eight matches stack up.

(1) Cam Newton vs. (4) Larry Fitzgerald
    Cam Newton continues to receive more votes than any other player in the tournament, and it's not even close. This is Cam's first tough test, however, and Fitzgerald has proven in his big wins over LeSean McCoy and Troy Polamalu that he has some serious fan support backing his candidacy. I'm still picking Cam to win it all, though, so I say he squeaks by Fitzgerald here and ends the receiver's dream/nightmare of the double cover/curse.

(11) Patrick Willis vs. (2) Victor Cruz
    Patrick Willis is the only defensive player left in the tournament. Really? Out of eight players, only one on defense? I guess if any defender should win the cover, it's Willis, one of the all-time best "Madden" characters, and the player who has won me hundreds of games thanks to the Hit Stick. Cruz is probably going to win this matchup, but I'm voting defense.

1) Aaron Rodgers vs. (5) Ray Rice
    I actually think Ray Rice is going to pull off the upset here. Rice already beat Drew Brees, A.J. Green, and T-Sizzle, but Rodgers is going to be a tough player to knock out of the tournament. Then again, Rice has already proven this year, with his win in the "NFL Blitz" cover vote, that the Ravens fans come out in full force to support their star, and I think Packer fans are going to vote for Rice in an "avoid the curse" campaign, swaying things ultimately in Rice's favor.

(6) Calvin Johnson vs. (2) Rob Gronkowski
    I expect this to be the closest vote in the Elite Eight. Both of these players have been collecting huge numbers of votes in the early rounds, but I think Megatron is going to be the one who ultimately spikes Gronk. If we get Detroit on the "Madden" cover, can we get Eminem to do the game's soundtrack?

http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/vide...more=fullstory
    Last edited by NatureBoy; 04-04-2012 at 09:19 AM.

Very glad McCoy lost. I believe in The Curse.

I'm voting Gronk all the way.

'Madden' cover vote down to final four

With the "Madden NFL 13" cover vote down to the round of four, is it inevitable that we'll see a battle of Cam Newton versus Calvin Johnson in the finals?

Not so fast. While Cam and Megatron have been Nos. 1 and 2 in total votes since the competition began, they each face players who seem to be surging at the right time (and from teams with millions of faithful voters).

Only time will tell if the Packers and 49ers fans vote with their hearts and try to help Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Willis advance to the finals, or if an anti-curse vote from all four fan bases turns the final four into a free-for-all.

Here are my predictions:

(1) Cam Newton vs. (11) Patrick Willis

Willis is not only the lowest seed still left in the tournament, he's the only defensive player still standing. And while I would love to see Willis crushing a quarterback on the cover of "Madden 13" (complete with old-school ambulance), Newton is a beast in the fan vote so far, and I don't think Willis is going to be the one to stop him.

1) Aaron Rodgers vs. (6) Calvin Johnson

Rodgers would've been the perfect cover athlete last year, but for "Madden 13" it seems like Megatron's vote to lose. Besides, "Madden" is historically dominated by big receivers out-jumping everyone for the ball, and I have a feeling Johnson is going to be an unstoppable force once "13" ships in late August.

http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/vide...ote-final-four

Cam Newton on the cover? God people in this country really are fucking stupid when it comes to voting. No wonder the US as a whole is going to fucking shit.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Cam Newton on the cover? God people in this country really are fucking stupid when it comes to voting. No wonder the US as a whole is going to fucking shit.
    So who's supposed to be on the cover?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    The dude abides.