Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TGT FIFA League (PS3) Season 2, Match Day 7

• Facebook
  • Display
    Ya'll are funny. I don't give a shit that he beat me 8-0, he can beat me 100-0, that's not the point. The point is I have some mental issue where I keep joining leagues. In 5+ years of playing these online leagues I have NEVER had the top team or even close. If it's an NCAA league I always somehow get in where all the top 25 teams are taken and I end up being a C team vs A+ - B teams, here I join fifa and get a 3 1/2 star team vs higher teams.

I understand we all must loose. I get it believe me.

I just think it's "FUNNY" how I always get the middle of the road to bottom of the road teams. IN EVERY LEAGUE. To be honest it would be boring as hell to pick MAN U and play the 1/2 star teams against the computer. I don't see the fun in that. I ask my wife, is it me? Am I just the unlucky one? Am I ALWAYS joining these leagues at the "wrong" time?

I ask her, it would be like me going down to the park, MJ and DR J are there, I pick them to be on my b-ball team and you can have the 5 year old and 1 leg man.....sure we'll take you on! Then kick the crap outta you and say, don't worry guy you'll get better.

Seriously? Please someone tell me, since I've NEVER been on that side of the fence. Is it really that much fun to beat the crap outta the other person? When I play my buddy in NCAA for example, if I get up by more than 21 points I let up. I run the ball and punt. I get no enjoyment out of seeing if I can score 120 on him....maybe I'm just wired differently. I understand there is a fine line between, "if you don't like it STOP IT" but you can also not beat the opponent senseles...this is supposed to be fun.

When I was playing Escobar he was up 6-0, so I figured well atleast I can ATTEMPT to working on my passing since I can't seem to control the ball. Yeah, that lasted about 20 seconds. It was like his guys were still on all out press and stealing the ball like mad, then he goes on to score 2 more. I was like, well cool alteast his guys are getting nice stats.

Steelerfan, grow up, I'll attempt to do the same. Sorry for complaining. I was upset, it sucks to loose, over and over and over. Always get the lower end teams, please see my side of the story. If you just want me to be quiet I'll do that. Sorry for rocking the boat. I guess voicing our concerns is not allowed.

Thanks for your time.

Gus

I also don't care at all to get into a pissing match with anyone. If you want me to continue I'll play I don't want to go back and forth with each other like jr high kids. I'm sorry I voiced my original concerns. I'll work on keeping my mouth shut.

I'm not going to speak for steelerfan but let's be honest here.

We played one tourney and the teams that played for seeded based upon their finishing spot. For instance JB is a 5 star, im a 3 star, Travis is a 2 star and the new players were ranked in the middle. You and escobar are 3.5 star teams. Please read that part to be sure because I've seen u mention numerous times about about lower ranked teams yet you and Escobar were/are ranked the same. Also didn't you beat JB with your "lower" ranked team in the first matchup?

Grow up? What does that mean? What did I say that was childish?

You lost me man.

You and Escobar both just joined. You were both given 3.5 star teams. He is doing well, you are struggling. Next season, if you both stick around, he will get a lesser team and you move up. It's to try and create competitive balance because we all have different skill levels.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
    I also don't care at all to get into a pissing match with anyone. If you want me to continue I'll play I don't want to go back and forth with each other like jr high kids. I'm sorry I voiced my original concerns. I'll work on keeping my mouth shut.
    It's not a matter of keeping your mouth shut at all. The best part of the community is that it is an open place for all to share their opinions and thoughts to make everything we play together better.

But to see you ranting once again after getting routed continues in my eyes to show everything I need to see. You don't like to lose, and you don't seem to handle it very well if things get lopsided at all. I read good game comments from all of your matches here that you either won or had a close defeat. But the lopsided lose turned into a rant that reminded me of playing the wii Mario cart with my 6 & 4 yr olds when they lose. It's just not a flattering trait to have to be honest. Having seen this now for the second time from you Gus is a little disheartening to say the least. I was really hoping our incident in SBCOL was isolated but clearly it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    It's not a matter of keeping your mouth shut at all. The best part of the community is that it is an open place for all to share their opinions and thoughts to make everything we play together better.

But to see you ranting once again after getting routed continues in my eyes to show everything I need to see. You don't like to lose, and you don't seem to handle it very well if things get lopsided at all. I read good game comments from all of your matches here that you either won or had a close defeat. But the lopsided lose turned into a rant that reminded me of playing the wii Mario cart with my 6 & 4 yr olds when they lose. It's just not a flattering trait to have to be honest. Having seen this now for the second time from you Gus is a little disheartening to say the least. I was really hoping our incident in SBCOL was isolated but clearly it wasn't.
    Thanks for the kind words sir. See, this is what I meant by a pissing match.

weeeeee

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Cdj, on Saturday I have my oldest son's friends BDAY party from 10-12 PACIFIC but I should be available from 1pm to 4pm PACIFIC or AFTER 8:30PM pacific.
    1-4 PM PT (3-6 PM CT) will work just fine. Post here when you are free (or have an ETA or preferred time) and I'll keep checking in.

Okay CDJ, I will aim for that 1-3pm range. When I get home I will post and see if you are ready. Good luck!

Ryby was in the Final last Season, got a lesser team, and has just 1 point so far in Season 2 - without complaining.
    If I had my mic on when I played you wouldn't be saying that!

Quote Originally Posted by ryby6969 View Post
    If I had my mic on when I played you wouldn't be saying that!
    You got your point against me, lol. I did my part!

Cdj, I just got home I can play as early as 1:30pmish Pacific.

That works for me. I'll go direct connect and see you in a few. Good luck!

See you shortly. Good luck to you as well! Hopefully I can give you a better game than last time.

Atletico Madrid 3:1 Everton

ATL 3:1 EVE
    20 (10) Shots (SOT) 4 (2)
    59% Possession 41%
    6 Fouls 0
    1 Corners 1

Goals: Diego (ATL) 34', Falcao (ATL) 71', N. Jelavic (EVE) 84', A. Turan (ATL) 90'

Assists: Adrian (ATL), Falcao (ATL)

Yellow Cards: Filipe (ATL) 48'

Red Cards: None

Clean Sheets: None

Freshman
    I'm free all day CLW. Just tell me when you're down!

Great game today CDJ! You pretty much dominated me from start to finish. Your SPEED game is absolutely spectacular. I could not move the ball with any success. I think that pretty much eliminates me from the playoff race. Good luck to you the rest of the way.

Ok, I've sat on this for a day to think it through. I'm still unsettled on it.

Here is the basic premise on which this league is built. From season to season players who do well are given lesser teams. Players who struggle are given better teams. New players are slotted in the middle because we don't know how good or bad they are.

After 1 season, we have a barometer for how someone performs and the level of team they get is adjusted accordingly.

If you look at the 4 players who did not advance past the Group Stage in Season 1 (CLW, cdj, JB, jaymo), they are all doing well in Season 2 and they all are in the running to survive the Group Stage. That means, clearly, that the system is working.

I have a problem, Gus, with a new player coming in, not reading what has been posted about how things are setup, bitching about it, throwing a hissy fit, playing the "woe is me" card, ranting about how every league he has joined (and quit) is conspiring to hold him down, asking the 10 league members who did not beat him 8-0 how they get enjoyment out of doing so, tells me to "grow up", then takes a stab by saying "I guess we can't voice our concerns".

To make matters worse, he takes this massive, ignorant, bellyaching shit on me, Escobar, The League, every league he's ever joined, and on the other members of this league and wraps it up by saying not to reply to it (he wants the unchallenged final word).

Well, brother, tough shit.

If you removed your head from your "everyone is out to get me" ass for 5 minutes, you might realize that:

A) Randomly, you were placed in the weaker Group. The 4 Semifinalists from Season 1 all landed in Group B. No one is out to get you.

B) The fact that guys in Group A have high rated teams shows that they were shown to be the weakest players in Season 1. No one is out to get you.

C) When you have PMd me with other complaints, I have assured you I would keep an eye on the situation, and I have. No one is out to get you.

D) The entire league rallied to get matches in before you left on vacation so that your absence would not grind things to a halt. No one is out to get you.

You have no clue how much time I have put into setting all of this up. This is not NCAA where the pool of potential players is huge. I know that there are only so many guys at TGT who play this game. Therefore, I have spent alot of time mulling over ways to ensure that everyone has a chance to be competitive so that no one gets burnt out from season after season of ass whippings and quits.

You come in, play 6 matches and decide that my league has been hastily put together and that you are being victimized.

Do you have any idea how much time has been put into the Rules and Format thread? How many revisions have been needed to ensure that every possible scenario is covered and that it is designed to be fair for everyone?

I'm sorry, maybe I should grow up. Maybe I should accept your flippant accusations and criticisms. Maybe I should let you have the last word on something I built.

Unfortunately, that's not going to happen.

Thank you, kind sir, for your time.

weeeeeeeeee

Effective immediately, DariusLock (psn DLock119) will be taking over Monterrey in Group A.

Welcome, Darius, to the league!

Last edited by steelerfan; 02-26-2012 at 05:47 AM.

Weeeeeee

Freshman
    Welcome Darius!