Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 11 Q&A Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Are you guys gonna do a podcast this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post

Yeah... I had only edited some of the players up to that point. I don't think I had edited any of the defense.
    That's what I figured but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks!

That dropped ball by Muse right before half must have made you want to throw your controller!

Quote Originally Posted by razorback44 View Post
    That's what I figured but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks!

That dropped ball by Muse right before half must have made you want to throw your controller!
    Yeah... definitely. For whatever reason, despite his ratings, Muse seems to drop more than other receivers.

Related to that, this year I've definitely seen more drops happen because I try to run before the receiver catches the ball, which is a good thing IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin32 View Post
    Are you guys gonna do a podcast this weekend?
    "Possibly" recording one tonight.

IN practice mode can you select random all or just by formation still?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachdenz View Post
    IN practice mode can you select random all or just by formation still?
    Just by formation this year.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    "Possibly" recording one tonight.
    Change that to probably now

Can you comment on both the offensive AND defensive fatigue this year. How about injuries - there were times that I felt in NCAA 10 (limited time mind you) that injuries seemed to hit the skill players too much compared to other players.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Can you comment on both the offensive AND defensive fatigue this year.
    It seems as though depth will finally be a requirement this year, especially when facing a no-huddle team. Your guys will certainly fatigue at a faster rate than in the past. I don't think it's overdone but it will certainly take some getting used to.
    How about injuries - there were times that I felt in NCAA 10 (limited time mind you) that injuries seemed to hit the skill players too much compared to other players.
    I'm undecided on injuries so far. Sometimes there will be a lot and others there will be few or none. They do seem a bit more spread out in terms of what players they hit but I've certainly had my fair share of running QBs go down to injury.

Can you comment on both the offensive AND defensive fatigue this year. How about injuries - there were times that I felt in NCAA 10 (limited time mind you) that injuries seemed to hit the skill players too much compared to other players.
    In the handful of games I've played so far, it seems like the QB isn't getting injured as much, the RB does from time to time, but I need to play a lot more to gauge it against 10. The thing I hate about injuries this year is the lack of knowing that the guy is injured. It doesn't have a pop-up that he is injured this year. There will be an injury cutscene with trainers out there, which is cool, but a lot of times I get X and A happy to get to the playbook, so I have no idea that he's injured. There will be a time or two when Nessler says he's hurt, but most of the time you don't realize it until they post the update of how long he's out.

Now I can't remember from NCAA 10, but is orange a color in fatigue last year?

It seems as though depth will finally be a requirement this year, especially when facing a no-huddle team. Your guys will certainly fatigue at a faster rate than in the past. I don't think it's overdone but it will certainly take some getting used to.

I'm undecided on injuries so far. Sometimes there will be a lot and others there will be few or none. They do seem a bit more spread out in terms of what players they hit but I've certainly had my fair share of running QBs go down to injury.
    Hah mine's been the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    The thing I hate about injuries this year is the lack of knowing that the guy is injured. It doesn't have a pop-up that he is injured this year. There will be an injury cutscene with trainers out there, which is cool, but a lot of times I get X and A happy to get to the playbook, so I have no idea that he's injured. There will be a time or two when Nessler says he's hurt, but most of the time you don't realize it until they post the update of how long he's out.
    There usually is a pop-up just above the score bar to tell you who is injured but it's very easy to miss.

There usually is a pop-up just above the score bar to tell you who is injured but it's very easy to miss.
    But does that happen right when the injury occurs too? I've only noticed it once it's decided how long they're out. Maybe I'm just not looking for it at that time.

How many total plays are you guys getting for 5min quarters?

Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    How many total plays are you guys getting for 5min quarters?
    I haven't checked specifically but the next one I play I'll keep track of it. I don't think it's anywhere near true-to-life but I would venture a guesstimate of around 35-40 plays per side.

This is great news in my opinion. My biggest complaint probably in the past is that there has been no need to play your backups in the past. You can play an entire 6 min quarter game and the only time a sub would come in was if you ran the ball with your HB about 8 straight times. This makes the game way more realistic and enjoyable I think.

I'm happey for #1, even though I liked the idea of downloading the Dynasty, but I felt that feature was getting abused in a Dynasty that I played in with NCAA 10....

How have the online games played so far? About like last years version, Better or worse?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Coachdenz View Post
    How have the online games played so far? About like last years version, Better or worse?
    We've only played a few games so far online. A couple of them had disconnects but I strongly believe that it was due to EA server maintenance at the time... a pre-release related only. There seemed to be zero lag whatsoever... not just very little lag for an online game, but rather it seemed as though I had pretty much the same responsiveness as I did in an offline game. Not sure if that's related to us being the only ones on at the time or what but it definitely felt very smooth.

We've only played a few games so far online. A couple of them had disconnects but I strongly believe that it was due to EA server maintenance at the time... a pre-release related only. There seemed to be zero lag whatsoever... not just very little lag for an online game, but rather it seemed as though I had pretty much the same responsiveness as I did in an offline game. Not sure if that's related to us being the only ones on at the time or what but it definitely felt very smooth.
    Yep.

While playing a game, are you still awarded skill points for "sportsmanship"? I liked the idea of it in NCAA 10...