Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 11 Q&A Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    I've also noticed that slant routes aren't 100% money this year. There are many times the defender will get in front and ahead of the WR.

Don't know if this has been asked yet, any new bowl games in this year? International Bowl gone?

Thanks for your answers to my questions! The lack of read and choice options are a bit disappointing, but not suprising. Thanks again!

How many Reese's Peanut Butter cups have you guys eaten since you got the game?

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    How many Reese's Peanut Butter cups have you guys eaten since you got the game?
    Many NOM NOM NOM

To those of you who have experience playing online, in either dynasties or in ranked games, what is the probability that user v. user games are going to have a non-trivial amount of defense? Particularly with the issues regarding zone coverage that G already hit on, I'm just wondering how realistic it's going to be to slow down another user's passing game (especially if they are balanced enough to run it if you completely over commit to the pass).

Also, what do you perceive to be the likely effectiveness of scramble oriented cheese this year?

Also, are there entrances for high school games in RTG?

Quote Originally Posted by rhombic21 View Post
    To those of you who have experience playing online, in either dynasties or in ranked games, what is the probability that user v. user games are going to have a non-trivial amount of defense? Particularly with the issues regarding zone coverage that G already hit on, I'm just wondering how realistic it's going to be to slow down another user's passing game (especially if they are balanced enough to run it if you completely over commit to the pass).
    I think you will have a decent amount of success at stopping someone who is pass heavy in both man and zone coverages. They'll still be able to make plenty of completions but you're not completely helpless on pass defense either. The tricky part though will be what you touched on, if they're balanced enough, they'll be able to catch you off guard. It's not the same chess match that we see on Saturdays but it's similar to that in that you'll have to do a good job of playcalling. Probably the biggest issue I saw though is while playing against the CPU, they could call a play with 4 go-routes and if I didn't get pressure on the QB in time, the receivers could cut off their routes and run back to the QB and there would be a pretty big opening between the hook zones and the deep zones. This mostly was when I was using the Dime 326 Cover 3. Since I was only rushing 3, the QB often had plenty of time but not to say always.
    Also, what do you perceive to be the likely effectiveness of scramble oriented cheese this year?
    I haven't played randoms online in quite some time so I honestly don't know how it's been the past few years (most of my user games have scrambling ruled out). As well, I haven't played anyone online yet other than JB and neither of us used the scrambling tactic. I want to say that it will be better and worse. For one, the gameplanning tactic of telling your defenders to break zone coverage in order to attack a scrambling QB could be helpful, but it could also kill you if they act like they're scrambling and then just dump it to the guy that was just left open.

I'll try to play some randoms online this weekend (assuming others have the game and are on) and see what I can determine in both of these areas.

Also, are there entrances for high school games in RTG?
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I think you will have a decent amount of success at stopping someone who is pass heavy in both man and zone coverages. They'll still be able to make plenty of completions but you're not completely helpless on pass defense either. The tricky part though will be what you touched on, if they're balanced enough, they'll be able to catch you off guard. It's not the same chess match that we see on Saturdays but it's similar to that in that you'll have to do a good job of playcalling. Probably the biggest issue I saw though is while playing against the CPU, they could call a play with 4 go-routes and if I didn't get pressure on the QB in time, the receivers could cut off their routes and run back to the QB and there would be a pretty big opening between the hook zones and the deep zones. This mostly was when I was using the Dime 326 Cover 3. Since I was only rushing 3, the QB often had plenty of time but not to say always.

I haven't played randoms online in quite some time so I honestly don't know how it's been the past few years (most of my user games have scrambling ruled out). As well, I haven't played anyone online yet other than JB and neither of us used the scrambling tactic. I want to say that it will be better and worse. For one, the gameplanning tactic of telling your defenders to break zone coverage in order to attack a scrambling QB could be helpful, but it could also kill you if they act like they're scrambling and then just dump it to the guy that was just left open.
    I guess what I'm concerned about is that as people start to get more comfortable with the game and with the new playbooks, that it will basically be impossible to get stops against a competent playcaller, similar to the way that '09 was. Are online games 5 minute quarters with accelerated playclock?

Wow so not only did they get them but they got black dog bones in too.

That's awesome. Thanks for the answers. Game looks awesome.

Are online games 5 minute quarters with accelerated playclock?
    Yes... although the accelerated playclock is a different version than what Madden has. It's similar to NCAA years in the past that when you go to a huddle, it drops from 40 seconds to 30 seconds (or whatever it is). The difference is that it also drops the game clock this year which it didn't do in the past. You'll notice in the full game videos that I captured, those were on 5 minutes with the same accelerated clock. They all took right at 40 minutes total to play.

Any idea when you guys may know if the 50/50 split is still present in bowl game stadiums used by Teambuilder teams?

Any idea when you guys may know if the 50/50 split is still present in bowl game stadiums used by Teambuilder teams?
    If JB or someone else doesn't, I'll try to test it this weekend. Do you have a team already created that uses one of those stadiums?

I was curious to read that the default game speed has been slowed a bit in the retail version. I think I may like this. I also like the fact the online dynasties can set the speed. Any comments on the speed differential setting? ie. do you think it can be left alone or will it need adjusting?

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    If JB or someone else doesn't, I'll try to test it this weekend. Do you have a team already created that uses one of those stadiums?
    I just edited one for the purpose of testing.

Author: souljahbill
    Team: Alaska Tech Polar Bears

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Overall it is very good. When I was referencing the demo, then going to retail, then going back to the demo. A LOT of things were tightened up. Especially interceptions and fumbles. In the demo, I'd throw a pick almost everytime.

Additionally recruiting is just plain fun. The "Coach's Choice" only came up once every other call for me, so don't expect to get overdone with that option. Recruited on Varsity difficulty, and so far it hasn't been too easy. Granted with the online being flushed a couple of times, we didn't get to go very far on our OD's.

As you see in my Nebraska vs. Nebraska Tech video, a lesser team on All-Amercian will have some trouble. I lost 24-3, so I didn't get blown out of the water, but I had a very hard time getting momentum on offense.
    I think that last paragraph is gonna make doing dynasties with lesser teams a lot harder, but a lot more fun too.

Also, does the clock stop when you go out of bounds? I don't think it was a big problem in NCAA, but in Madden it was game crippling.

Gscwendt, I am watching your ASU-Troy game and noticed something odd. Why does it keep switching between the players being named and then just showing something like MLB #50?

Did you edit only a couple of guys on your roster or is that a glitch? I'm guessing the editing thing but I just wanted to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I was curious to read that the default game speed has been slowed a bit in the retail version. I think I may like this. I also like the fact the online dynasties can set the speed. Any comments on the speed differential setting? ie. do you think it can be left alone or will it need adjusting?
    I think cdj is going to try to put together either some videos or just some impressions on the different game speeds this coming weekend.

I just edited one for the purpose of testing.

Author: souljahbill
    Team: Alaska Tech Polar Bears
    Cool... I'll try to test it sometime this evening and let you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin32 View Post
    Also, does the clock stop when you go out of bounds? I don't think it was a big problem in NCAA, but in Madden it was game crippling.
    It stops appropriately. That is, if you go out of bounds with less than 2 minutes remaining in the half, the game clock will continue.
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback44 View Post
    Gscwendt, I am watching your ASU-Troy game and noticed something odd. Why does it keep switching between the players being named and then just showing something like MLB #50?

Did you edit only a couple of guys on your roster or is that a glitch? I'm guessing the editing thing but I just wanted to make sure.
    Yeah... I had only edited some of the players up to that point. I don't think I had edited any of the defense.