Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: NCAA Football 11 Q&A Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    On 360, click the right stick and it'll bring the 'cheatsheets' up.
    Thanks, I knew I was missing something obvious!

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher 8 View Post
    Knowing which recruits your opponent is targeting and how much time they are spending with each recruit
    Not that it does you much good now, but you can actually see how much time the CPU is spending on every recruit just by enabling your online pass and turning on dynasty time savers.

just a quick question: what does the zone coverage rating do to affect gameplay? or is it one of the ratings that is used more for sim logic?

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    just a quick question: what does the zone coverage rating do to affect gameplay? or is it one of the ratings that is used more for sim logic?
    ZCV? It's the rating for how well the player covers/defends the pass/is aware while in zone coverage. Same for MCV and man coverage.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    ZCV? It's the rating for how well the player covers/defends the pass/is aware while in zone coverage. Same for MCV and man coverage.
    thats what i thought....i was just thinking if it could be changed in the future (or add a new rating) so that it affects the size of the zone coverage the player could cover.

Well, it may. The "official" description from last year's strategy guide is "The ability of a defender to play zone coverage". This could encompass everything from size of a zone to coverage to finding a man to reacting to the ball. No telling what all it covers.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Well, it may. The "official" description from last year's strategy guide is "The ability of a defender to play zone coverage". This could encompass everything from size of a zone to coverage to finding a man to reacting to the ball. No telling what all it covers.
    Do you remember the good 'ol days of manuals that told you everything about everything. I would love to see EA/Tiburon post an online manual that goes over EVERYTHING in specific detail. I buy this title every year and there is still stuff I don't know... just imagine if you are new to the game...

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Do you remember the good 'ol days of manuals that told you everything about everything. I would love to see EA/Tiburon post an online manual that goes over EVERYTHING in specific detail. I buy this title every year and there is still stuff I don't know... just imagine if you are new to the game...
    Outside of a code on the back of it, the only game I've used a manual for in recent memory is Street Fighter IV and Super Street Fighter IV that's cuz I don't have the strategy guide.

Off topic I know

But is there a way to deactivate the online pass code?

I'm looking to sell my copy of NCAA since I don't have the time to play it anymore.

I don't believe so. It's a one-time use code that can't be turned on/off.

Agreed this can't be deactivated once activated.

Yeah that would defeat the purpose of it if you could deactivate it.

when a player gets on a hotstreak, is there any advantage to it (like does he receive a slight ratings bonus)? or is it purely visual and have no effect on gameplay?

when a player gets on a hotstreak, is there any advantage to it (like does he receive a slight ratings bonus)? or is it purely visual and have no effect on gameplay?
    In my current dynasty, I have a couple players on a hotstreak and as far as I have seen, there hasn't been any effect on ratings or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by HWill View Post
    In my current dynasty, I have a couple players on a hotstreak and as far as I have seen, there hasn't been any effect on ratings or anything like that.
    i havent seen any ratings boosts either....i was thinking more along the lines of favorable boosts in the dice rolls when the cpu decides if i catch the ball or not

i havent seen any ratings boosts either....i was thinking more along the lines of favorable boosts in the dice rolls when the cpu decides if i catch the ball or not
    If there is, I haven't noticed it.

I thought a slight ratings boost occurs sometimes, but maybe not for every Hot Streak.

It's very easy to get players on the DL into Hot Streaks. Manually control each for a few plays at the start of the game and they will get 'hot' quickly. I'm not sure if there is a huge bonus, but it has to do something behind the scenes - or at least you would think, or why else would it be there.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I thought a slight ratings boost occurs sometimes, but maybe not for every Hot Streak.

It's very easy to get players on the DL into Hot Streaks. Manually control each for a few plays at the start of the game and they will get 'hot' quickly. I'm not sure if there is a huge bonus, but it has to do something behind the scenes - or at least you would think, or why else would it be there.
    It's my understanding that there is a small but appreciable boost to "intangible" ratings... THA, BRT, CAR, CTH, things like that. Immeasurable. But it doesn't apply to things like STR, SPD, ACC, AGI.

Oh, and Hi Tailgaters!

That makes some level of sense. If I'm "in the zone", as the cliché goes, I'm going to have a temporarily superior (to my norm) ability to play my position. That is not going to make me physically faster or stronger, but enhances my ability to make a play.

Quote Originally Posted by adembroski View Post
    It's my understanding that there is a small but appreciable boost to "intangible" ratings... THA, BRT, CAR, CTH, things like that. Immeasurable. But it doesn't apply to things like STR, SPD, ACC, AGI.

Oh, and Hi Tailgaters!
    That would make sense. That would be a nice bonus that isn't overdone.

Thanks and welcome to the site!

I should also point out that there is also a small bonus to those same attributes simply for retaining control of the same player throughout the play. Meaning, in essence, over the 3-8 or so seconds the ball is in play, those attributes are increasing by a small amount. Should you switch off the player you are controlling, the bonuses reset. It doesn't carry over to the next snap, and I'm not sure how it works on offense... I would assume you'd have to take direct control of a back or something before the handoff to get it. I think it was put in back when controlling any player on a play was a new feature.

I'm not sure why they do this... it's in both games, but its effect is greatly diminished in Madden compared to NCAA. To be honest, it's possible it was removed last year, but I don't think so. I'll ask around.