Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 - Online Country Clubs

• Facebook
  • Display
    One of the most anticipated features of Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 has now been unveiled by EA SPORTS with a developer blog and producer video - Online Country Clubs.

Check out the video, read the blog, and then share your thoughts with the community.

ONLINE COUNTRY CLUBS

Hello everyone, this is Christian Brandt, designer for EA SPORTS Country Clubs. In Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13, gamers will be able to invite friends to join their very own exclusive Country Club and team up to gain quicker access to downloadable golf courses and compete against other club members for the coveted Club Championship. The Country Clubs feature isn’t just confined to one area of the game. Anytime and anywhere you play, whether it is Play Now, Career, or Head to Head online matches, you will earn Status Points for your Country Club. Also for the first time ever on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, you will be able to create Custom Live Tournaments exclusively for your club members. Let’s break everything down.

Creating & Joining a Country Club

In game or on the EA SPORTS Country Clubs website, you will have the ability to create your own custom club. You can give your club a name, description, and custom logo to give your new team its own unique look and feel. You also have the choice to setup a Public or Private Club. Public Clubs are open for anyone to join, while Private Clubs are password protected. The more members you have in your club, the better the rewards.

Here you can select from a variety of colors for the inner and outer ring of your custom country club logo.

You can pick from over 250 different images to final your logo.

The Country Club hub is your spot for viewing leaders, statistics, rankings, and upcoming club tournaments.

Earn Status Points

Once you are a member of a club, you’ll begin earning Status Points for every round you play anywhere in the game. Status Points are used to level up your club and rank yourself against teammates to compete for Club Champion honors, which nets you extra coins. Based on your weekly performance and Status contribution to the club, you and your teammates will be ranking from Members to Club Champion. Each week, the individual crowned Club Champion is awarded a substantial Coin bonus and is invited to the special Club Champion Tournament.

Here’s an example of the Weekly Country Club member rankings. It’s a weekly competition between teammates to be the number 1 ranked golfer for the week. This screen is displaying last week’s results. So based on the amount of Status Points earned throughout the week, the players are ranked. Notice that each player will be awarded a coin reward based on the final ranking along with a member status title such as Assistant Pro. The coins that you receive can be redeemed for rounds of play at Downloadable Courses or Pins to improve your golfer. As noted above, all five of the Club Pros are now eligible for the VIP Club Pro Live Tournament vs. all other Club Pros from other teams. Also the Club Champion now has access to participate in the Club Championship tournament. Members of the club that are listed as “Inactive” did not participate during the week so they will not earn a reward.

This screen display’s the Club Level progress. Status Points are used for ranking against your teammates, but also used to level up your club. The higher your club level, the more Coins you will earn in the Weekly Country Club member rankings.

Tracking Progress

The Country Clubs feature also tracks member statistics so you can compare your accomplishments against teammates. You will be able to brag on the message boards after being crowned the weekly leader in a statistical category such as Most Birdies or Most Club Daily Wins during the week.

The main Clubhouse Leaderboard displays in game statistics along with wins/losses in teammate matches and vs. other club matches. There are 45 different stats that can be sorted and ranked against your teammates. We also have a separate leaderboard for tracking Club Live Tournaments.

You can view all your personal statistics and awards.

This screen displays the record holders in each statistical category over the lifetime of the country club and per week. As you scroll through the leaders, it also displays your current total to compare against the record holder. If you joined into the club a little late, you still have the chance to become the weekly leader in any one of the categories. We have section that displays the amount of times you were the leader in each category so you can keep track for bragging rights.

You can also view your overall team's statistics, a combination of everyone's hard work.

You will also need to work together as a team to complete club objectives. Completing all the objectives in a tier such as Bronze will award a lump sum of Status Points to the club for leveling up.

We also offer a daily loyalty bonus that is awarded to club members who collect Status Points for the club four consecutive days in a row.

Here's an example of the country club world rankings based on total Status earned.

Custom Club Live Tournaments - Web Integration

We have also extended the Country Clubs experience onto the web. It’s a free to use site that will allow you to setup or join a Country Club before the game ships. Look for the website to launch around the demo date. Also for the first time ever, gamers will be able to create their very own Custom Club Live Tournaments to compete against teammates. You will be able to schedule Daily and Weekly tournaments with any settings you like. You will be provided with all the same tools we use to create live tournaments such as course, difficulty settings, and conditions.

Be sure to check out the Coins & Pins Blog to learn more about in game boosts and achievements. See you online March 26th!

Tiger Sharks Country Club Member,
    Christian Brandt
    Last edited by cdj; 02-22-2012 at 10:46 AM.

The only thing I wonder, since it tracks all of your stats no matter what you are playing? Is if you can track just Live Tournaments?

I asked when we were in Orlando in January from the community manager for Tiger whether we would be able to play Live Tournaments together and he said yes. I hope that's the case but with the blog not mentioning it and I'm not certain he knew what I was asking, I have my doubts.

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 - Online Country Clubs

Last edited by cdj; 02-22-2012 at 10:46 AM.

ummmm... did you read the whole blog?

Custom Club Live Tournaments - Web Integration

We have also extended the Country Clubs experience onto the web. It’s a free to use site that will allow you to setup or join a Country Club before the game ships. Look for the website to launch around the demo date. Also for the first time ever, gamers will be able to create their very own Custom Club Live Tournaments to compete against teammates. You will be able to schedule Daily and Weekly tournaments with any settings you like. You will be provided with all the same tools we use to create live tournaments such as course, difficulty settings, and conditions.

Umm... yeah, but that doesn't tell me you'll be able to play them at the same time. You can compete in Live Tournaments now and see your friends results but you can't play along side them. CoreySA is checking into it to find an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Umm... yeah, but that doesn't tell me you'll be able to play them at the same time. You can compete in Live Tournaments now and see your friends results but you can't play along side them. CoreySA is checking into it to find an answer.
    Ahhh.... I see what you are saying. I've never played in a Live Tournament. I just assumed it meant you played with each other.

If not, that's still okay because we can still join a country club for TGT and earn objectives while we play our league.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    If not, that's still okay because we can still join a country club for TGT and earn objectives while we play our league.
    Definitely. With the trophy whores that we have our CC should be lights out

It is pretty cool that you can unlock PDLC courses though... will be interesting to see how difficult it is to earn coins and also the mastery on those courses. Pretty much tells me there's no big benefit in getting the Collector's Edition.

Pretty much tells me there's no big benefit in getting the Collector's Edition.
    I might have to go cancel my pre-order

Two details not in the blog, CCs are limited to 25 people and you can only be a member of one CC at a time.

It is pretty cool that you can unlock PDLC courses though... will be interesting to see how difficult it is to earn coins and also the mastery on those courses. Pretty much tells me there's no big benefit in getting the Collector's Edition.
    Well you don't get full access to the course from what I read. You only can purchase 1, 2, or 3 rounds at that course with coins.

you can only be a member of one CC at a time.
    Per console I'm assuming

Well you don't get full access to the course from what I read. You only can purchase 1, 2, or 3 rounds at that course with coins.
    Yeah, but as you rent the course, once you master it you unlock it completely. It's mentioned in the video Chris posted at the top of the blog entry.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Per console I'm assuming
    Yeah, I'm sure. The games treat the two IDs as separate people.

Yeah, but as you rent the course, once you master it you unlock it completely. It's mentioned in the video Chris posted at the top of the blog entry.
    Hmmmm....I have a feeling that will involve a lot of teeth pulling, and everyone in the league would have to do the same to get it unlocked. We'll have to see how that all shakes out with DLC once the game ships.

So it's either cough up the money up front and get the courses or put the time in gain coins to rent the courses, master the courses to unlock them completely?

Hmmmm....I have a feeling that will involve a lot of teeth pulling, and everyone in the league would have to do the same to get it unlocked. We'll have to see how that all shakes out with DLC once the game ships.
    For those people, they can either rent the course for that weeks tournament or just purchase it outright if they choose.
    Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    So it's either cough up the money up front and get the courses or put the time in gain coins to rent the courses, master the courses to unlock them completely?
    That's my understanding.

Sounds like I can combine 360 and PS3 leagues from the looks of things