Thread: How do you get the qb to not scramble in sims?

• Facebook
  • Display

How do you get the qb to not scramble in sims?

in one of my offline dynasties, i've taken to the recruiting coordinator position. i sim the game every week and solely focus on recruiting. however, i still like to look at the results after every game.

i'm playing with and am currently in season 2. its been a fun season seeing matt barkley leading the heisman race from day 1....but despite all of that, he's become the 3rd leading rusher on the team. in 12 games, he has 109 rushing attempts. every game he's averaging like 10 rushing attempts, and its making me .

i've made a custom playbook for and had removed all of the option plays or designed qb runs. so is there a way to stop my cpu qb from scrambling so much on designed pass plays?

ok, just played for the national championship, and matt barkley finished with 76 yards rushing on 23 attempts. wtf? i know its not happening due to the run/pass ratios, because both are set at 50.

can anyone help?

Are you referring to watching the plays or Super Sim-ming the plays?

i'll supersim the whole game. from main page of dynasty, under the espn tab, scores/schedules, i click my game and then choose to sim it.

when the sim gets done, i'll look at the game stats, and see who did what. and by doing so, i saw that my qb was getting a ridiculously high amount of rushing attempts.

If I understand it correctly, that uses its own sim engine that doesn't utilize your playbook when 'calling plays.' That's why editing your playbook didn't help. I am not 100% sure what you can do (if anything) to reduce the rushing attempts and yardage. Playbook style and player ratings (maybe some, but not all) might be a factor, but I am not sure at all.

Now, if you were to watch plays on the console, then with your edited playbook you would only see the QB take off when pass plays break down.

k....what if i start playing the game, and before the first kickoff, i choose to supersim through the game.....would that use my custom book?

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    k....what if i start playing the game, and before the first kickoff, i choose to supersim through the game.....would that use my custom book?
    If I understand it correctly, no. AFAIK, Super Sim does not use playbooks, at least not in the sense we (as users) do.

You may want to Super Sim a game with a very mobile QB (or an option team) and then Super Sim a game with a slow QB in an Air Raid attack. There should be some difference there, but it might be worth noting exactly how much. Maybe this is something we can dig into and request for some Super Sim tuning.

k....thanks for the clarification cdj.

Actually Super-Sim does use the playbook but the out-of-game sim does not... it only uses playbook style. At least that's my understanding.

oh ok. thanks for this info.