Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TGT FIFA League (PS3) General Discussion Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Trav gets half a star!

The Rules and Format thread have been updated for Season 2. Be sure to read them and familiarize yourself with all of them. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ryby6969 View Post
    Trav gets half a star!
    Luxembourg United.

I used a random number generator to set the Groupings for Season 2.

I am going to start a Standings and Schedule thread shortly. It will be blank to be begin with, and I will fill it in as clubs are selected by the participants. Be sure to keep an eye on that thread following your club selection to see which group you are in.

Freshman
    Gonna have to start scouting some 2 star teams .. didn't know they existed. haha!!

Quote Originally Posted by tbautist View Post
    Gonna have to start scouting some 0.5 star teams .. didn't know they existed. haha!!
    Fixed.

Anyone getting on soon? I have a team in mind that I want to try out.

Freshman
    sorry!

God I F'N SUCK! I really don't understand this game. I try to dribble and I get stuffed. But when I try to tackle I get a foul called on me? My guys stand around like lumps on a log and my opponents guys are making runs all over the field?

My passing is all over the place. I try to make a pass to one player and it goes to another player at a completely different angle and is way to hard/soft b/c I wasn't trying to pass it to him.

Of course no tutorial to be found anywhere in the game either on the basics.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    God I F'N SUCK! I really don't understand this game. I try to dribble and I get stuffed. But when I try to tackle I get a foul called on me? My guys stand around like lumps on a log and my opponents guys are making runs all over the field?

My passing is all over the place. I try to make a pass to one player and it goes to another player at a completely different angle and is way to hard/soft b/c I wasn't trying to pass it to him.

Well sir, I'm not sure what to say, we played 3 games. You won all three, 6-0, 3-0 and 1-0 I think were the scores. I think I had 2 shots on goal the entire 3 games.....I might be needing one of those 5 star teams LOL
    Last edited by gigemaggs99; 02-07-2012 at 10:47 PM.

Freshman

I can give a few tips that have really helped me out!

The key to this game is pass accuracy. If you watch any solid player on youtube you'll see that their pass accuracy is up in the 90%s. Possession doesn't matter as much, considering it just comes down to how you take your chances, but pass accuracy is key. If you keep turning it over in the middle of the pitch, giving counter-attacks left and right, you're giving your opponent easier-than-should-be chances.

Another really key facet of a good attack is holding L1 and passing with X. This makes the person you were passing with go on a run (where he just sprints down field after he passes) which helps open up the field and catch any overly aggressive defenders off-guard. Watch a few youtubers (SAM5000 and Nepenthez come to mind) and see what they do. Then.. a few games to get down the directional passing, strafe defending, when to use contain defending, and you should be as good as gold.

Also, when you defend you should always play on a defender not in front of the ball. The really good players know how to read where the ball is going. So, what they'll do is use R1 to press the ball with an AI defender and then use the right analog stick to switch around to a defender who has the position to intercept the ball. Whenever you're playing against a human you don't really want to give them space to pass the ball. Track the ball with an AI defender using R1 and try to read the passing lanes. Think of yourself as an ever-changing MLB watching the QBs eyes for an interception. Also, don't ever use SQUARE to tackle. That is a good way to take your defender out of the play and get red cards. Just run into the ball and the AI will tackle for you - I rarely even use the O button.

I put in about 100 games on Ultimate Team online practicing this stuff - that's how I got better. Some people don't have the time, admittedly, but to get the basics down can take a lot less time.
    Last edited by tbautist; 02-08-2012 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
    Well sir, I'm not sure what to say, we played 3 games. You won all three, 6-0, 3-0 and 1-0 I think were the scores. I think I had 2 shots on goal the entire 3 games.....I might be needing one of those 5 star teams LOL
    Well considering the matchup of a Premiere League club v. some Mexican League squad I have never heard of those scores aren't bad and of course Steeler kicks my but with LA Galaxy last night.

Well considering the matchup of a Premiere League club v. some Mexican League squad I have never heard of those scores aren't bad and of course Steeler kicks my but with LA Galaxy last night.
    I know, when I was between picking teams I was thinking Monterrey, Celtic, or Norwich. Well I think I may have picked wrong, you team was MUCH faster than mine...so this is going to be "interesting."

....and "some Mexican League squad".....

How can you say that about my RAYADOS!

Who doesn't like some nice "stripes"

Last edited by gigemaggs99; 02-08-2012 at 09:59 AM.

Aye Chihuahua

Oh and just to make you laugh even harder, when I sent you the invites I put the settings on all Manual. That may have had something to do with your passing/shooting. I figure all Manual settings make the person controlling the players better and in complete control. All Assisted controls makes the game pretty easy and in real life you don't see 10+ goals in a futbol match. It's wild the first game, when you invited me I assume it was on assisted controls. You scored 6 goals like it was nothing.

Then the next 2 on manual it was 3-0 and 1-0. Those scores seem more realistic to me. If you watch futbol on tv they miss the net all the tiem, either to high, wide, or just hit it bad, so it seems to me manual settings recreate this. In the end you still kicked my butt which is fine. I have a lot to learn I just enjoy playing. Hopefully we can get some more "friendlies" in maybe I can score A goal sometime LOL.

I know for sure that I need to learn how to do the penalty kick. I had a chance with that one, but then I kicked it into the 3rd deck LOL OOOPS!!

I assume you'll let us know when to start the season? I see the schedules are made, just wanted to make sure ya'll weren't waiting on me. I'm not 100% sure how to invite people to a game. When I played CLW we just did the "rematch" option at the end of the games.

I guess I need to make sure I have everyone in the league on my friends list. Then invite them to the games (if I'm the home team) and play them in the order they are on the schedule? I see also, that we need to record our stats correct?

On the page where is has users and teams, are those usernames the PSN names? I was wanting to add everyone. I try and keep things simple, my username here on the forums is also my PSN.

Is there a list of PSN-user teams somewhere?

Thanks.

I have a question on tips and controls....

Is there a way or how do you kick it deep w/ your keeper and still maintain possession? It seems like each time I get a goal kick I launch it deep and the other team just gets the ball so it's like I'm just giving it right back to them?

I assume you'll let us know when to start the season? I see the schedules are made, just wanted to make sure ya'll weren't waiting on me. I'm not 100% sure how to invite people to a game. When I played CLW we just did the "rematch" option at the end of the games.

I guess I need to make sure I have everyone in the league on my friends list. Then invite them to the games (if I'm the home team) and play them in the order they are on the schedule? I see also, that we need to record our stats correct?
    Read the Rules and Format thread. It will answer most of your questions. Look at the Match Day threads for Season 1 to get an example of a Game Report (where the stats are logged), in fact, if you look at mine, you'll know it's right and that it's what is expected.

When the season is ready to start, I'll open a Match Day 1 thread.

On the page where is has users and teams, are those usernames the PSN names? I was wanting to add everyone. I try and keep things simple, my username here on the forums is also my PSN.

Is there a list of PSN-user teams somewhere?

Thanks.
    Those are TGT names, not PSN names.

Most of us have our PSN ID filled in on our TGT profile.