Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My PS3 Died

• Facebook
  • Display
    Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    WHAT??? I can never seriously see myself using that one in an answer to anything.
    Really, none of those are correct definitions though.

It's not degrading at all on other people's comments. Basically, it's just an onomatopoeia. Like Sniff, Bang, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    The hot chick at the bank
    Oh, my man...there are a couple of hottt ones at my bank. Maybe you can mail me a cup of change so I can try that. Ha!

The problem for guys with "hot bank chick" is that she can look at the pathetic numbers next to the "$" in your accounts. Damn it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    WHAT??? I can never seriously see myself using that one in an answer to anything.
    I practically guarantee you use it in real life. "Pfft" is one of the attempts at spelling a scoff, which we almost all do.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by UGA14 View Post
    Jeff, you got your PS3 sitting outside?
    Nah, but that day I did have my windows open most of the day, and I have a southern facing apartment, so the sun was coming in through that window (this was Saturday, the start of the heat wave). The temperature may have had nothing to do with it, it was just a theory.

I can honestly think of no other reason why attempting the Data Transfer Utility would have caused my PS3 fan to be cranking.

I'd fall over dead if my house was set on 75. 100 with the awesome 100% southeastern humidity we get is enough to kill me so if I walk in and it's 75 I'd fall over dead.

70 or below. Never above. Downstairs is like 68, 69, upstairs is like 67 at night. Our power bill isn't that much, actually. And I've got a big unit outside in the office.. keep it at 70 when I'm out there.

My apt is 75 as we speak (I write). That's probably the lowest it has been all day.

Pretty sure WVU doesn't hit the temps that Texas does on a regular basis, so keeping it down at 70 is easy.

Have that A/C cranking in a pretty good-sized two-story house costs MONEY.

Don't know how UGA does it at that temp with the A/C cranking.

I don't mind 105degF days, but humidity sucks, so I'm glad Central TX is generally not humid. Screw Houston.

I can handle the hot temps outside (I live in LA) or inside my house but once the temp goes below 75, I FREEZE. I can not handle chilly/cold temps.

Well we have separate units for upstairs and down. The one for upstairs and new and the area is not very large. The one for downstairs is only a few years old as both went out not too long ago.

Today is another barn burner at 95+ with some scorching humidity. Can't deal with it, so I'm sitting in the 68 degrees before I walk back out to the office to do some work.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    Screw Houston.
    Truer words....

Humidity was nasty bad here today. Soon as I went outside to head to work it hit me like a dump truck. Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    If you pick up a new slim, make sure it's a 2100 series (CECH 2101A for the 120 GB and I think it's 2101B for the 250 GB). That's the new and slimmer chip design - revision 2 for the Slim. The model number will be on the bottom of the box. I'm sure Gamestop will have the new ones in but just be careful you don't buy a 2000 series which is the older model.
    Rudy (or anyone else), does this still hold true? Or is there a newer series? I'm gonna be shopping for a slim very soon.

Any new slim you buy today would have the newest chips in them.

Thanks, buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    If you pick up a new slim, make sure it's a 2100 series (CECH 2101A for the 120 GB and I think it's 2101B for the 250 GB). That's the new and slimmer chip design - revision 2 for the Slim. The model number will be on the bottom of the box. I'm sure Gamestop will have the new ones in but just be careful you don't buy a 2000 series which is the older model.
    I think there were some newer models released this past summer. The one I bought last month is a CECH 2501A?

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    I think there were some newer models released this past summer. The one I bought last month is a CECH 2501A?
    That's what I got just before Christmas. Time to trade that fatty in. Of course, that's the 140 GB. There aren't any 120s anymore.