Thread: Wrestling Game?

• Facebook
  • Display

Question Wrestling Game?

I like the older wrestlers, Hogan, Sting, Ric Flair, Macho Man, etc....would be nice if it had Stone Cold too, can anyone suggest a good wrestling game for PS3?

I don't want to have to be a psycho 'mortal combat' button pusher to perform all the fancy moves. Basically I'm looking for a good game that I can beat the crap outta other wrestlers, you know with folding chairs, etc....

Anyone have any suggestions?

What about WWE Legends of WresleMania? It seems to have a lot of the older guys. Has anyone played it?

I also have an old Nintendo, guess I could pop in Pro Wrestling to get my fix.

Legends of Wrestlemania is pretty good, it's very basic in controls. WWE All-Stars has a lot of legends too and is a VERY good arcade style wrestling game.

WWE All-Stars? Any good?

Why would amazon.com be so much cheaper? They have the game new for $27 for PS3, Walmart, Gamestop, Target all sell it for $49.99. Can this Amazon price be for real?

Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
    WWE All-Stars? Any good?
    Very good.

Why would amazon.com be so much cheaper? They have the game new for $27 for PS3, Walmart, Gamestop, Target all sell it for $49.99. Can this Amazon price be for real?
    The game has been out for almost year.

Best Buy sells it at their store for $49.99, they sell it at the online outlet for $17.99 free shipping, that might be the way to go

Best Buy sells it at their store for $49.99, they sell it at the online outlet for $17.99 free shipping, that might be the way to go
    There you go! It definitely brought me back to the Wrestlemania 2000 N64 days with WWE All-Stars.

Also WWE '12 is the best in the "sim series" in YEARS.

DAMN, talked to the wife and she said go for it on Best Buy.com for $17.99 w/ free shipping. I go back to their site and DAMN they are now sold out. I was just looking at it a few hours ago and they had it in Stock.

Nowadays, games can be had so much cheaper online than in most retail stores. Wal-Mart sells games that have been out for two to three years for $30, while you can find them online for $15, if not $10 or less.

I've played some WWE All-Stars and it is pretty fun but is an arcade (Street Fighter-esque, but not as complicated) game. I haven't played WWE 12, but aside from some online issues it's getting great reviews. The Universe Mode sounds most appealing.

JB - Can you download good created versions of some legends like gigem mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Nowadays, games can be had so much cheaper online than in most retail stores. Wal-Mart sells games that have been out for two to three years for $30, while you can find them online for $15, if not $10 or less.

I've played some WWE All-Stars and it is pretty fun but is an arcade (Street Fighter-esque, but not as complicated) game. I haven't played WWE 12, but aside from some online issues it's getting great reviews. The Universe Mode sounds most appealing.

JB - Can you download good created versions of some legends like gigem mentioned?
    For WWE '12? Yes. I already have. On top of that if you find a particular creator you like, you can save them as a favorite and then you can search by all of the people created by your favorites.

I've played most. Legends of Wrestle Mania is decent but there isn't much depth to the game. (i.e. bad career mode if any) I got the Plat for it pretty quickly and then returned it. IMO it isn't worth a purchase but isn't a bad rental to tied you over for a quick wrestling fix.

WWE All-Stars is solid but again not much of a career mode but it is deeper than Legends. Again, it is an arcade so the moves are WAY over the top but its pretty fun. I rented WWE 12 (I have it now) and it is very solid. I haven't played online (I hear it is bad and I think it requies a pass code) but offline mode is very solid and there is a TON of depth to it.

With WWE Universe, you can basically shape the entire wrestling landscape how you want. You can take out any of the Raw, Smackdown, or Superstars shows and replace it with FCW, TNA, Nitro, etc. Storylines and feuds, enemies and allies all formulate as you progress through the calendar. You can edit any of the matches on the card, and also simulate anything you don't care to try to influence. On top of that, you throw in Road To Wrestlemania, which is 10 hours long...longer than a lot of retail title's main story lines....the created wrestlers you download can also be used and edited within Universe mode too...I just recently got past the Rumble. I tried to win it with Zack Ryder, but I was way early in the drawing. Once your guy gets eliminated, you get to choose the next guy you want to control...it can be the next guy out all the way to #30...after a few guys I ended up with Wade Barrett and won the Rumble with him.

Well Toys R Us had WWE All Stars for $39.98 online and the local store honored the online price, they said they normally sell it in the stores for $49.99 but would honor their online price. I asked them this over the phone, they said I wouldn't need to bring anything in and just ask at the cashier when I check out.

Well that was an ordeal. They wanted to SEE the online price they wanted SEE the ad. I had to explain it about 5 times, then finally they turned their computer on, went to their Toys R Us site and saw the price and were like, "oh ok." So I got it for $39.98.

I only got to play 3 matches, had to go back to Stay at Home Dad duties.

I got my butt kicked in all 3 matches but I laughed my butt off. It was a Great time, the moves are very over the top but funny. The commentary is great too, the kings says things like, SOMEONE CALL THE PARAMEDICS!....

I hope there is a place online that shows the moves. I looked in the instruction booklet but it's pretty sparse, quick/strong grab, quick/strong strike. I'm wanting to know if there is rhyme or reason to the moves or are they random? The CPU guy did about 15 different moves on me, while I was only able to grab him and do some face suplex over and over again. I was able to get a pile driver in 1 time but other than that it just did the same face-suplex looking move over and over.

I do have 2 controllers so I think I'll beat up on player #2 to try and learn the moves. So far it's Cool. I played as Macho Man 2 times and Hogan 1 time.

Well I sat down and played a few matches using 2 controllers. I used the Ultimate Warrior and beat the daylights out of the Honky-Tonk Man. I downloaded him for free on the PSN-Store.

I again, couldn't see much reasoning behind the moves. If I pressed Strong Grapple and left he would power slam the other guy, if I pressed, up, down or right he still power slammed the honky-tonk guy. After a while when I got the stars in my meter I was able to press X and O and did some of his signature moves.

I then used Andre the Giant and beat the crap outta Hogan. I saw on youtube where he jumps on the other guy while he's dazed in the corner, leaning against the ropes. I couldn't figure that out but Andre's finishing/special moves sure are mean, one looks like he jumps AND STANDS on the opponent, the other looks like he snaps his neck between his ankles/calves.

So far, I'm smiling the entire time, fun game!

Does anyone have a more structured idea of how the moves work?

MAN this is totally awesome. On Youtube they have created a lot of other wrestlers you can add to the CAW section. Ric Flair, Sting, Brock Lesnar, Goldberg, etc...

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!

Why would amazon.com be so much cheaper?
    They're running a lot of deals right now because of Christmas coming up. Plus, they're always going to be cheaper just because of the way Online business runs versus the Brick & Mortar stores.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Just found Hilly Billy Jim in CAW. :-)

AH HA! Next found, Mr. McMahon, now I can re-create Stone Cold vs the Boss matches

I'm finding all of these here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/VivekPre...&view=u&page=1

There's even one for the Incredible Hulk

Wow, here is jackpot for CAWs for All Stars, 215 created so far:

http://caws.ws/wweallstars/
    Last edited by gigemaggs99; 12-16-2011 at 08:24 PM.

MAN! I played this game until 2:20am last night. I haven't had this much fun with a video game in a LONG time. Felt like a little kid again. Took the Ultimate Warrior to the TOP he was one of my favorites back in the day when I was a little kid.

There must be something about wrestling, my 3-year old hasn't seen any violence or rough stuff on TV. The only other video games I own are Tiger Woods golf, Madden, and NCAA. He saw this game and was like, WOW WHAT IS THAT!? It probably doesn't help that it's way over the top and they fly all over the place but his eyes lit up and he was laughing pretty hard!