Page 272 of 344 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272273274282322 ... LastLast
Results 5,421 to 5,440 of 6864

Thread: The Anything Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    That's also the assistant manager. The peons are making whatever minimal wage is now and it's neither $12 nor $15. It was $4.25 back when I was in high school.

Marriage fun! Marriage not fun! Marriage fun?! Marriage not fun?! lol, been a wild 5 months.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    I made like $12 an hour as an assistant manager at a fast food restaurant in a small college town.
    and back in the real world...

Small breakdown for popular fast food joints.

http://www.glassdoor.com/Salaries/fa...I1444.0,35.htm

McDonald's - most positions

http://www.glassdoor.com/Hourly-Pay/...y-Pay-E432.htm
    Last edited by bdoughty; 08-04-2013 at 06:51 PM.

hello football!

The dude abides.

Well, I'm never going swimming in Scandinavia.

Scandinavian skinny-dippers warned of testicle-biting fish

Fuck you, Nut-crushing Fish!

I'm using Tapatalk 2 and the Cleveland Browns STILL suck.

Man do I wish they would implement this to join the Internet

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Man do I wish they would implement this to join the Internet

This.

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    hello football!

Well, my sleep cycle being what it is, being awake from evening, through the entire overnight, until early morning is coming in handy right now. Sitting in the lobby of one of the wings of the Heart Center at St. Vincent Hospital in Toledo right now. My grandma had a scare a couple hours ago, her oxygen levels dropped down into the low 70s. For her age and situation, she needs to be AT LEAST 90 to be considered normal. So made the drive up to Toledo with my mom at midnight.

Thankfully she's stable now, but they're out of options. She's constantly hooked up to a BiPAP machine, and due to tonight's scare, they have that thing pumping air maxed out at 100%. She's still only hovering around 80, so we're running out of options. They can't go higher than 100%, so the machine can't help her anymore than it already is. And a respirator is out of the question. She has already stated she doesn't want to be on one, after my grandfather lived on on for the final weeks of his life, and seeing firsthand what he went through with it.

So just sort of wait and see right now. My mom and uncle are both in the room right now, both trying to get some sleep, my mom especially since she's here at the hospital every day from mid-morning through 7 or 8pm, with my uncle here normally during the overnight hours. So between the room being mostly darkened, other than some light coming in from the hallway, and them sleeping, spending my overnight sitting down here in the lobby doing some reading, watching Sportscenter on TV and getting some work done on the laptop, now that we've discovered they have a public wifi set up here.

Well, it's all over now. Her oxygen rate started falling again around 3:15, then her blood pressure also dropped big time, so they knew it was getting close to the end. Got alerted to it around 3:20 by a text from my mom to come back, shut down the laptop, packed up and headed back to the room. She ended up passing around 3:40. Went fast and very peacefully. She was asleep at the time, they had given her some morphine around 2am. She was taking some shallow breathes in her sleep, and then seconds later it was over.

Just got home from Toledo, putting everything back in its place after the sudden "grab and pack everything and hit the road" at 11:30 last night. This is one "night" (more like day for me) of sleep I'm looking forward to, get a couple hours without everything from the last few hours nonstop bombarding my mind.

Sorry for your loss Smooth. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Sorry for your loss Smooth. You and your family will be in my prayers.
    I appreciate it man. It was hard right after. I suppose it was fitting though. Myself, and the rest of the family, were all standing around my grandpa when he died back in 1995, so I guess it's fitting that I was there with my mom and uncle at the end for my grandma 18 years later.

Definitely just glad it was quick. I've seen friends who lost family members who went slowly or painfully. Just glad she went quickly and painlessly in her sleep. Saved her from having to battle through pain at the end, as well as thankfully saved my mom and uncle from having to watch their mother go that way.

Now to deal with all the funeral stuff this week. Already called into work earlier to let them know that I won't be in for the next couple days. Still numb to everything right now. It was very tough emotionally for the half hour or so afterwards. Since then, it's just been numb to the feelings. I'm depressed, but just sort of sitting here right now. Watching whatever's on TV right now, reading ESPN when I wait to finally get tired enough to fall asleep. Just constantly thinking about everything.

I guess I've always sort of been this way, a delayed griever if you will. When my uncle Charlie, who I was very close to (the closest of him of all his nieces and nephews, and he was the closest to me of all my uncles), finally lost his battle with cancer back in 2008, I just sort of held all my emotions and feelings deep inside, showed no emotion during the stuff at the funeral home. It wasn't until the final night at the funeral home, when we were leaving for the final time before the funeral the next morning, that I finally just sort of broke down emotionally. It's sort of that way now. Just numb to it all right now, it'll no doubt hit me like a ton of bricks later this week sometime. I'm also a very private griever. In public or around friends or family, I'm usually the most emotionally in check of everyone, it's the middle of the night, when I'm by myself and start having all the various thoughts start to hit at once, that I start breaking down and losing it.

Sorry to hear the news, Smooth. I will keep you all in my thoughts as well.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Sorry to hear the news, Smooth. I will keep you all in my thoughts as well.

I appreciate it man. Gonna be a rough and long couple days. Right now, the, potential, time frame is visitation at the funeral home on Wednesday and the funeral on Thursday, so this is gonna be one long week, and one that I will soon hope to forget.

Thankfully, I think I've finally hit the point of exhaustion, that I can get some sleep now and at least get a couple hours of mental peace.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Always tough man. At least her struggle is finally over.