Page 314 of 344 FirstFirst ... 214264304312313314315316324 ... LastLast
Results 6,261 to 6,280 of 6864

Thread: The Anything Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    My daughter has a chance to go to an Early College High School. I just found that out tonight.

They only take 125 kids per year and they earn college credit while in high school. Since she would be starting there in 9th grade, she would actually be able to earn an Associate's Degree 3 weeks before she graduates from high school. She'll be 17 when she graduates which means she could have a Bachelor's Degree when she is 19.

I don't know the full process yet (I haven't talked to her mother about it yet) for her getting in, but man, that would be awesome.
    Keep your fingers crossed!

I #TrustTheScript
    I had a chance to do something similar in high school but passed on the opportunity. Absolutely encourage her to take it if at all feasible and there's not a catch. Congrats to her for earning it!
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

My daughter has a chance to go to an Early College High School. I just found that out tonight.

They only take 125 kids per year and they earn college credit while in high school. Since she would be starting there in 9th grade, she would actually be able to earn an Associate's Degree 3 weeks before she graduates from high school. She'll be 17 when she graduates which means she could have a Bachelor's Degree when she is 19.

I don't know the full process yet (I haven't talked to her mother about it yet) for her getting in, but man, that would be awesome.

I #TrustTheScript
    That is awesome!! Hopefully it is private and you can swing it

I #TrustTheScript
    Congrats and good luck.

The school I work at has a ton of AP and Dual Enrollment classes (classes that earn both high school and college credit). Our students could potentially graduate high school as college sophomores.

Thanks, guys. She's a smart kid and I (her mother too) just need to keep her on the right path. She is going to accomplish so much more than her parents, if she keeps her head down and puts in the work.

Like I said, I don't have all of the details yet but it sounds like a great opportunity. We will see what happens.

Well, I woke up to quite a surprise this morning. Flipping through the local rag only to see, among the daily area police and sheriff reports, my boss' name, arrested Friday night for misdemeanor domestic violence.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I #TrustTheScript

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Well, I woke up to quite a surprise this morning. Flipping through the local rag only to see, among the daily area police and sheriff reports, my boss' name, arrested Friday night for misdemeanor domestic violence.

That's nice to in to work with in your back pocket

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post

If he's guilty, he deserves whatever punishment the court sees fit. However, women make those allegations all the time because they can do so without proof and without recourse.

Just saying.

I #TrustTheScript

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    That's nice to in to work with in your back pocket
    Yeah, it'll be interesting to see what our market manager and/or corporate does with this, assuming he ends up with a criminal record from it, especially with domestic violence being such a major hot button topic right now.
    If he's guilty, he deserves whatever punishment the court sees fit. However, women make those allegations all the time because they can do so without proof and without recourse.

Just saying.

I #TrustTheScript
    Yeah, no one knows the full details yet. I just talked with my other boss, he called about something for work tomorrow and just straight up asked if I had seen in the paper or heard about it. He didn't know any details yet either.

Not even sure if he's still sitting in the regional jail or if he was able to get out yet. Since he was booked at 1:30am Friday night/Saturday morning, he's probably still sitting out there waiting for a preliminary hearing/bail hearing sometime Monday.

I'm sure we'll start finding out the details of what happened over the next day or two. I don't know if his girlfriend called the police and wanted to press charges, if a neighbor called and she had physical signs of domestic violence (which in Ohio is an automatic arrest whether the victim wants to press charges or not), or what the case was.

My company sold a property today and made a six-figure profit. We bought the property in April. Not a bad turnaround.

4 others that are among the ones we currently have should sell between February and April and those should net us similar results.

Fuck you, The Man!

I #TrustTheScript

My company sold a property today and made a six-figure profit. We bought the property in April. Not a bad turnaround.

4 others that are among the ones we currently have should sell between February and April and those should net us similar results.

Fuck you, The Man!

I #TrustTheScript
    Can I borrow a dollar?

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Can I borrow a dollar?
    I charge 7.25%.

I #TrustTheScript

Fuck you, The Man!

I #TrustTheScript
    Buying at auction, fixing up and flipping?? Either way congrats

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    Buying at auction, fixing up and flipping?? Either way congrats
    Auction? Yes. Fixing up? As little as possible. We've only done "major" work on one of the 10 we have bought. Flipping? Sort of but we work more on the fringe of the system than flippers. Hell, we have 4 houses right now that we plan to sell to flippers this Spring.

For us, the devil is in the details. We have a Texas Series LLC and a Nevada Series LLC (this allows us to put each property in it's own "cell" so that no lawsuit can touch anything but what is in that "cell" making us pretty goddamn bullet proof). Most of what we buy is still subject to the existing mortgage but between our 2 Series LLCs (and moving the property between them), an Equity Strip that we do, filing Liens etc - we make the property a legal nightmare for the mortgage companies and stick it to them.

That's a Cliff's Notes version.

Thank you, for the congrats.

I #TrustTheScript

Auction? Yes. Fixing up? As little as possible. We've only done "major" work on one of the 10 we have bought. Flipping? Sort of but we work more on the fringe of the system than flippers. Hell, we have 4 houses right now that we plan to sell to flippers this Spring.

For us, the devil is in the details. We have a Texas Series LLC and a Nevada Series LLC (this allows us to put each property in it's own "cell" so that no lawsuit can touch anything but what is in that "cell" making us pretty goddamn bullet proof). Most of what we buy is still subject to the existing mortgage but between our 2 Series LLCs (and moving the property between them), an Equity Strip that we do, filing Liens etc - we make the property a legal nightmare for the mortgage companies and stick it to them.

That's a Cliff's Notes version.

Thank you, for the congrats.

I #TrustTheScript
    You guys have now expanded to Nevada Matt? Business souns like it is going great. Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    You guys have now expanded to Nevada Matt? Business souns like it is going great. Congrats!
    Thank you, buddy.

Nevada is simply where one of our companies is set up (with DBAs in Texas). Our corporate attorney who set up the company is a master of real estate asset protection and, quite literally, wrote the book on Series LLCs.

Nevada was his recommendation and it also offers tax benefits. In Texas we pay 1% on all earnings (Franchise Fee), in Nevada we pay a flat annual fee which is VERY minimal. Having earnings showing in the Nevada company saves us $.

We are lucky to have some great legal representation. We are of the belief that our corporate attorney is among the best in the nation for what we need and our day-to-day real estate attorney has really started bending over backwards for us (as he sees the money train pulling into our station, of course).

I #TrustTheScript

Congrats, Matt.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Congrats, Matt.
    Thank you, Jeff.

I #TrustTheScript

Nicely done

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    Nicely done
    Thanks, snoop.

I #TrustTheScript

Damn. Stuart Scott died from cancer this morning at age 49. Every night, watching Sportscenter growing up, there was Stuart Scott and Steve Levy.