Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 NFL Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    I feel really bad for Palmer. That guy is one of the most talented QBs to come out of the draft since Brady yet he's stuck on the worst franchise. It's all spiraled down for them after he got injured by the Steelers in the playoffs that one year (06 or 07 I think it was). That was THE year for them to have a chance to win it all and a freak injury just blew it all up.

I feel really bad for him cause he so desperately wants to be as good as Manning and Brady (and he and Chad Johnson worked REALLY REALLY hard to get to that point when Palmer got to the Bengals) but he's either lost the ability to do so because of the injury or just doesn't have the same connection with Chad Johnson as he did before because they are just not the same anymore.

The rumor is that Palmer has multiple leg issues and the Bungles are trying to keep it hush-hush. If a fraction of what is being said is true, he's likely to continue to struggle.

For the record, the injury you're talking about was in January 06, following the 05 season.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    The rumor is that Palmer has multiple leg issues and the Bungles are trying to keep it hush-hush. If a fraction of what is being said is true, he's likely to continue to struggle.
    That's really interesting and would confirm a lot of what I've seen with Palmer since his initial injury. He seems to not have as much zip on the ball and he definitely doesn't seem as confident as he was before. Him not having his legs anymore would definitely make sense with that.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    I feel really bad for Palmer. That guy is one of the most talented QBs to come out of the draft since Brady yet he's stuck on the worst franchise.
    The Bungles are bad, I'll grant you. But the worst? They're not the Browns ... or the Lions ...
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    The Bungles are bad, I'll grant you. But the worst? They're not the Browns ... or the Lions ...
    They're all garbage. The Bungles have had 2 winning seasons in 20 years, that point sells itself, lol. They're 128-207-1 since the AFC Championship year of 1988. I wouldn't argue vigorously against the others though.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    He seems to not have as much zip on the ball
    That is EXACTLY what I've heard in regards to the rumors.

They're all garbage. The Bungles have had 2 winning seasons in 20 years, that point sells itself, lol. They're 128-207-1 since the AFC Championship year of 1988. I wouldn't argue vigorously against the others though.
    How are the Rams not part of the worst team conversation... they have just been awful the past two seasons!

I don't see TO blowing up on the Bengals. He was working out with Carson in California from what I heard and Carson pushed for the signing.

Quite frankly Carson Palmer is over-rated. Much like Bledsoe most of his career. These guys used their #1 draft pick status and a great 2nd year to their career to grab the label of elite QB. They were good QBs but I don't think those guys deserved to be called elite QBs or Top 5 QBs in the league. Bledsoe was really over-rated (career 77 passer rating and he couldn't run worth squat) while Carson is only slightly over-rated. Carson hasn't had one of those great years in awhile. I know some of you think it's due to injury but I think you have to prove yourself over more than two years to get the benefit of the doubt.

It just bugs me how a guy gets picked first overall and he automatically gets the benefit of the doubt for the first 5 years of his career. You still have people refusing to admit David Carr sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    How are the Rams not part of the worst team conversation... they have just been awful the past two seasons!
    The Rams won the Super Bowl following the 99 season. What we're seeing with them has been short lived. The Bungles have been horrible for 20+ years with the exception of last year (when they faded tremendously down the stretch) and 05 when they were 1 and done in the playoffs.

David Carr sucks.

I'm ready to see some football. So don't care if tonight's game is all 8th stringers, it will be good to finally see football again.

The Rams won the Super Bowl following the 99 season. What we're seeing with them has been short lived. The Bungles have been horrible for 20+ years with the exception of last year (when they faded tremendously down the stretch) and 05 when they were 1 and done in the playoffs.
    True enough but if we're talking worst team on the field for last year it has to be the Rams!

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I don't see TO blowing up on the Bengals. He was working out with Carson in California from what I heard and Carson pushed for the signing.

Quite frankly Carson Palmer is over-rated. Much like Bledsoe most of his career. These guys used their #1 draft pick status and a great 2nd year to their career to grab the label of elite QB. They were good QBs but I don't think those guys deserved to be called elite QBs or Top 5 QBs in the league. Bledsoe was really over-rated (career 77 passer rating and he couldn't run worth squat) while Carson is only slightly over-rated. Carson hasn't had one of those great years in awhile. I know some of you think it's due to injury but I think you have to prove yourself over more than two years to get the benefit of the doubt.

It just bugs me how a guy gets picked first overall and he automatically gets the benefit of the doubt for the first 5 years of his career. You still have people refusing to admit David Carr sucks.

whats interesting is the Bengals are ranked /graded an 89 in Madden... and I doubt 2 high rated receivers make an entire teams rating that high. So I wonder how they ranked/rated the the other players?

I really want to see how Jermaine Gresham does with the Bengals. The guy was a stud in college. The Bengals haven't had a decent pass catching TE in a long time. They have had a couple good receivers but they haven't really had any other weapons.

The Bengals have a few good receivers but adding Gresham will really help the passing game. I've always felt two good receiving targets will give you a good passing game and three can make you unstoppable. A target can be a great WR or TE and even a great pass catching RB out of the backfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I really want to see how Jermaine Gresham does with the Bengals. The guy was a stud in college. The Bengals haven't had a decent pass catching TE in a long time. They have had a couple good receivers but they haven't really had any other weapons.

The Bengals have a few good receivers but adding Gresham will really help the passing game. I've always felt two good receiving targets will give you a good passing game and three can make you unstoppable. A target can be a great WR or TE and even a great pass catching RB out of the backfield.
    I'm hoping Gresham has lingering injury issues, Palmer's legs are dead, and one of the 2 (or both) wideouts blow(s) up.

Of couse, I'm biased.

My Raiders are one step closer to the super bowl after tonight's pre-season vs. Dallas! LOL. Seriously though, I love me team BUT man that game was painful to watch. I know it's preseason but "ugh" that was just bad.

I dunno if it is blind faith in my team DA BEARS. But I am fairly content with Hester, Knox, Aromashodu, and Bennett mixed in with Mike Martz. I honestly think Aromashodu can turn into a superstar with Hester being a Wes Welker type and Knox being the home run threat.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I dunno if it is blind faith in my team DA BEARS. But I am fairly content with Hester, Knox, Aromashodu, and Bennett mixed in with Mike Martz. I honestly think Aromashodu can turn into a superstar with Hester being a Wes Welker type and Knox being the home run threat.
    Are you a believer in Jay Cutler? The guy has a lot of skill but he just rubs me the wrong way.

Big Ben suspension reduced to 4 games. Glad I drafted him as my backup in fantasy football

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Are you a believer in Jay Cutler? The guy has a lot of skill but he just rubs me the wrong way.
    Ummm somewhat cuz he's the best QB talent-wise that Da Bears have had in forever.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Ummm somewhat cuz he's the best QB talent-wise that Da Bears have had in forever.
    That doesn't say a whole lot though.

Martz' offense is good BUT he requires tackles that can pass block a lot due to deep drops. Olsen is not a good fit for the type of TE he likes. He prefers blocking TEs and throwing to the slot instead. Cutler has been sacked a ton in the preseason. Preseason doesn't mean much but I would be concerned for Cutler's health. QBs in that system get shell shocked after taking a beating. Warner was great his first few years with the Rams but he needed to get his nerve back after he went to the Giants. Bulger is shot mentally now as well.