Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: 2010 NFL Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    Actually, what I heard, was that temporary seat people were basically given SRO status and remained inside.

However, far beit from me to argue with anyone who says, "Fuck you, Jerry Jones".

Congrats to the Packers, great season and great Super Bowl.

I can't help but wonder "what if" though. Pittsburgh had their chances, but it was the Steelers who made the crucial mistakes.

Jordy Nelson should have been MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    He had some big numbers, for sure. However, he had some big drops as well. Rodgers deserved it.

Jordy Nelson was MVP for the Steelers. IF he (and the other Packers receivers) catch those balls (that hit them in the hands and/or chest) Rodgers finishes with 400+ yards and 5 TDs as Green Bay cruises.

The Steelers did themselves in with turnovers and some dumb penalties. Jordy Nelson and co. kept it close.

If he didn't have the drops and maybe one more TD, I would have agreed with it.

IIRC, Rodgers QB Rating was over 110 with 3 TD's.

I find it very funny that in Jerry Jones attempt to set a Super Bowl attendance record, he pisses off several hundred fans that had to be moved, AND he didn't set the attendance record. He barely missed it due to the displaced fans

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Jordy Nelson was MVP for the Steelers. IF he (and the other Packers receivers) catch those balls (that hit them in the hands and/or chest) Rodgers finishes with 400+ yards and 5 TDs as Green Bay cruises.

The Steelers did themselves in with turnovers and some dumb penalties. Jordy Nelson and co. kept it close.
    Very true and we still had a chance to take the lead/win the game two times. Can't afford giving the ball away that many times or commit that many costly penalties in the Super Bowl and think you can win.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Very true and we still had a chance to take the lead/win the game two times. Can't afford giving the ball away that many times or commit that many costly penalties in the Super Bowl and think you can win.
    Yep. Particularly when the opposition is turnover free.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    What a joke. I hope the Super Bowl never goes back to Dallas, just as a giant "fuck you" you to Jerry Jones and his need to stroke himself and his ego. This whole week has been nothing but disaster or fuck up after another.
    http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/sup...e-unusable.ece
    The National Football League knew of a potential Super Bowl XLV seating fiasco by the middle of last week, league executives said Monday.

But the NFL didn’t alert fans to complications with temporary seating at Cowboys Stadium, the executives said, because they felt they had “a very good shot” at getting the problems fixed and because they didn’t know who exactly might be affected.

“We made a judgment that it was the right course of action to bring the fans in, rather than to discourage them or create a sense that they wouldn’t have the information necessary,” said Eric Grubman, the NFL’s executive vice president of business ventures.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/08/sp...hoden-nfl.html
    Goodell took pains to point out that the Cowboys owner Jerry Jones was not responsible for the fiasco.

“We put on this event,” Goodell said. “This is a responsibility of the N.F.L.”
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 02-08-2011 at 12:03 AM.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

111 million watched. People at home with DVRS paused or rewinded the event 145 times during the game lol. Gotta love the DVR!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...html?eref=sihp

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playof...ory?id=6104356

Can't say I'm shocked. Although I did hear the NFL is making it so the ticket is good for ANY future Super Bowl and not limited to the game in Indy now.