Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 NFL Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display

2010 NFL Discussion

This thread is to discuss the 2010 NFL season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5183620

Very surprised to see that after the revote that Cushing got to keep his defensive rookie of the year award.

Cheaters DO prosper! The drug he tested positive for was something used by roiders to get their testosterone back up between steroid cycles.

And yet the NFL still wants to suspend the Williams players in the StarCaps case despite the fact the VP knew it had a banned substance not on the ingredient list and didn't tell the players, union or FDA. Fair doesn't seem to be a part of the equation.

I just figured this was the result of using a BowFlex, P90X, and the ShakeWeight.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I just figured this was the result of using a BowFlex, P90X, and the ShakeWeight.

def a product of the shake weight

I've been pretty impressed the moves of my favorite team lately - the Raiders. A smart draft and they weren't afraid to cut some dead weight re: Russell. With solid QB play for the entire season, maybe they make the playoffs last year. They may not be loaded, but they don't exactly have any huge holes right now. It finally feels like there may be a light at the end of the tunnel.

I couldn't understand what the Raiders were doing on draft day. Drafting a solid football player in McClain to play MLB? He was easily the best MLB in the draft and will be a stud but he didn't run under a 4.5. They actually seemed to know what they are doing. I also like the pickup of Wimbley (kid from Cleveland to play DE) and Jason Campbell. I don't think Campbell is the answer but he's a million times better than Russell.

From man boobs to monster. No, he doesn't do roids.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I couldn't understand what the Raiders were doing on draft day. Drafting a solid football player in McClain to play MLB? He was easily the best MLB in the draft and will be a stud but he didn't run under a 4.5. They actually seemed to know what they are doing. I also like the pickup of Wimbley (kid from Cleveland to play DE) and Jason Campbell. I don't think Campbell is the answer but he's a million times better than Russell.
    "I don't think Campbell is the answer but he's a million pounds lighter than Russell."

Fixed.

Ha! cdj, all the time I've known you, I had NO idea you were a Raiders Guy. Oh well, we all have our vices.

:p

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5183620

Very surprised to see that after the revote that Cushing got to keep his defensive rookie of the year award.
    I believe this makes Cushing the first 2-time AP Defensive Rookie of the Year in NFL history.

Does anyone else find NFL writers to be hypocrites? They really

I've been pretty impressed the moves of my favorite team lately - the Raiders. A smart draft and they weren't afraid to cut some dead weight re: Russell. With solid QB play for the entire season, maybe they make the playoffs last year. They may not be loaded, but they don't exactly have any huge holes right now. It finally feels like there may be a light at the end of the tunnel.
    Yeah I am impressed as well. The Campbell pickup and dumping of Jacrapus Russell are huge steps in the right direction. The family and I flew to Oakland last year to see the Skins game... absolutely brutal. However a strong draft and seemingly less interference from Al Davis has started the 2010 campaign off on the right foot. If we can develop a threat at the WR position I think we can do some damage in the AFC west... not playoffs or anything but definitely we should make things interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    "I don't think Campbell is the answer but he's a million pounds lighter than Russell."

Fixed.

Ha! cdj, all the time I've known you, I had NO idea you were a Raiders Guy. Oh well, we all have our vices.

:p
    Absolutely classic!!! lol

Only 6 more weeks till Bears training camp starts!!!

I can't wait for this to begin, training camp should be crazy with all of the new additions.

I think Miami's offense could be really good if Henne takes the next step. The secondary should be better but the pass rush looks bad. They didn't draft any pass rushers (I see Koa Misi as an all around player - 5 sacks as a DE for Utah doesn't = NFL pass rusher) and their OLBs are probably the biggest weak link on the team. The 3-4 is most effective when you have more than one pass rusher at OLB. If you only have one like Cam Wake, the 3-4 turns into a 4-3 with a standup end and just isn't as effective. The Dolphins do have some young DL and maybe one of them will step up and be a pass rusher but it's a big concern right now.

Recruit
    I am hoping the Niners can finally win the NFC West this year and make the playoffs. I think their Defense is going to be pretty good, top half of the league, but the offense will go as far as Alex Smith and the O-Line can take them. They really beefed up the line in the draft, but these guys are rookies. Hopefully Alex Smith has a solid season and doesn’t make many mistakes. He has some weapons around him, with Davis having a great season last year, Crabtree and Morgan will only get better.

I laugh every time I see a Shake Weight commercial I refer to it as the Jacker 3000! By the way, go Jets!
    Last edited by Holc; 06-30-2010 at 02:06 PM.

Well I didnt want to create a new thread for this one.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...lack-of-a-job/

Receiver Terrell Owens previously has spoken about the fact that he can't find a job (on his $5 million per year terms) by blaming it on perceptions regarding a history of misbehavior.

He addressed the situation again during a Wednesday appearance on 104.5 The Zone in Nashville, and he laid specific blame for the first time at a certain four-letter network in Connecticut.

"A lot of people have listened to a lot of the commentaries throughout a lot of the media outlets, mainly ESPN, that has my character in question as far as things that have happened in the past," Owens said. "And I think even though I may do 99 good things right and if I do one thing wrong, ESPN and the people on there is gonna make it out to be the worst thing ever."

But T.O. later acknowledged -- again -- that he has done some things in the past that he would do differently now, the closest he'll ever come to apologizing and/or simply admitting he was wrong.

He declared that he's "probably in the best shape of my life," and he said he's "ready for a call" and "to give a team an opportunity to get to a Super Bowl."

Owens acknowledged that he has made no visits, but he claims that teams are interested. He also mentioned that injuries will happen once camps open.

He also reiterated that he's willing to be a No. 2 wideout, and he continues to insist that was his role in Buffalo last year -- even though he had 55 catches for 829 yards while Lee Evans had 44 receptions for 612.

We're told that, for now, nothing is happening. One league source predicts that things could get interesting as teams begin to gather for preseason practices

As much as I'm not a huge fan of how he carries himself sometimes, he does have a point, no matter what he does ESPN talks about it likes its the end of the world. (especially Skip Bayless)

They are out for ratings and even Colin Cowherd and Micheal Irvin have admitted that whenever you talk TO the ratings go through the roof.

I personally think some of his remarks must have some form of creditibily because everytime there is always a split in the locker room and even according to ESPN " some people always feels the same way he does" but he just dumb enough to say it to the media.

On that note sorry TO in life you cant blame anyone else for your fuck ups.

Yep, but as you said, TO has no one to blame but himself.

ESPN did not single him out. He created the monster and now he wants to play the victim role. BS!

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. The media loves "ratings people". TO is a ratings person for NFL TV. Britney Spears and Jon & Kate were ratings people for TV shows. You bring up all their crazy actions and you get good ratings. There is no question TO has done a lot of crappy things while in the NFL. He has argued with Jeff Garcia, McNabb and eventually wore out his welcome with Romo and Witten. That said, there were a lot of guys in those locker room that loved TO. He also never created a problem in Buffalo last year although it's usually in year 2 and beyond that he becomes a cancer. On a one year deal I think TO would be a good addition for many teams.