Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011-12 Coaching Carousel

• Facebook
  • Display
    I'd laugh if somehow UCLA pulls off the mega upset.

I completely understand the firing, but just imagine if UCLA wins the Rose Bowl odds are 999 to 1, but still funny to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Taking the Memphis job would be career suicide, outside of making a few extra $. There might be talent in the Memphis area but the Tigers are not getting much of it.
    Indeed... Memphis is a pure basketball school and their boosters all think football is just a drain. They NEED a new stadium and until they do that, they're not taking football serious.

I highly doubt Freeze would go to Memphis, regardless of money. But Ole Miss or USM (if Fedora goes to Ole Miss) since he's an alum, I could certainly see happening. There's also been mention that UNC & Tulane requested permission to talk to Freeze. I couldn't see him going to either of those schools either.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I'd laugh if somehow UCLA pulls off the mega upset.

I completely understand the firing, but just imagine if UCLA wins the Rose Bowl odds are 999 to 1, but still funny to think about.
    Hell, I'd throw $50 on it just to rake in the $1000+ off of it if they did pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Hell, I'd throw $50 on it just to rake in the $1000+ off of it if they did pull it off.
    I shoulda bet on Houston running the table. Came close to doing it...never really looked into it though because I stayed away from betting this year.

Other rumored names for some jobs are Dan Mullen at Penn State and Jay Gruden at UCLA.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Other rumored names for some jobs are Dan Mullen at Penn State and Jay Gruden at UCLA.
    UCLA should go after Dan Hawkins

Paul Wulff out at Washington State. Mike Leach in?

Paul Wulff out at Washington State. Mike Leach in?
    With all these places that Leach has the lead on, you'd think he's going to actually coach in 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    With all these places that Leach has the lead on, you'd think he's going to actually coach in 2012?
    I'd say yes. I know the talking heads think that the pending lawsuit by Leach hurts him, but do you really think Wazzu would care? They have two good QBs (lose Lobbestael though) and a couple good young WRs. Add in Leach's name, appeal, and expertise in a conference with few powers....they'd be smart to do anything to get him.

Gets a bit nippy up there but if he can make his offense work in the windstorms of Lubbock, he can make it work there. There is a catch.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...withers28.html

Leach's last contract at Texas Tech was for $12.7 million over five years. Paul Wulff is making 600 grand at WS.

Pro Football Talk just announced that Mike Martz may have an interest in the Arizona State job.

Grain of salt...

A source close to the Cup has informed us that Alabama DC Kirby Smart is to be hired as the OM head coach. Announcement later this week.
    https://twitter.com/#!/RedCupRebelli...32583845949440

Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Gets a bit nippy up there but if he can make his offense work in the windstorms of Lubbock, he can make it work there. There is a catch.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...withers28.html

Leach's last contract at Texas Tech was for $12.7 million over five years. Paul Wulff is making 600 grand at WS.
    pullman only cold in the winter, but the east of the state is way hotter for 3/4ths of the year than the west side of washington.

wsu ad, bill moos, has said that he's going all out to get leach. he wants a coach to be at wsu for the long haul, wants a guy who has proven to be a winner, and moos is willing to spend some cash to get leach. that figure for wulff is pretty high though since he'd never been a head coach at the fbs level, so he really didnt deserve a big salary to begin with.

The Leach Has Landed!

From CBS Sports' Bruce Feldman:

BREAKING: Mike Leach has verbally agreed to be the head coach at Washington St.

Other names are Patterson from TCU and Peterson from Boise.

I just became a Washington State fan!

Attachment 341

cougars will win at least 8 games next year. book it

lol. bill moos, wsu ad, has reportedly been talking with leach for over 3 weeks. leach was also the only guy on moos' list of coaches.

Some rumbling that Mike Sherman is out at A&M. AD Bill Byrne didn't give him a ringing endorsement in response to any questions in the last couple days. Dollar Bill will want a new bigshot coach to usher A&M into the SEC.

Agreed, Oneback - I'll be rooting for WSU as well.