Page 12 of 80 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro Wrestling Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Deflection for a HoF nominee or sour grapes?
    Sounds sour to me. Would be very surprised to see Goldberg get an HoF.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Sounds sour to me. Would be very surprised to see Goldberg get an HoF.
    That was my initial feeling too...sour grapes. He was rumored though for the HoF

So was Sting (which I consider much more likely than Goldberg, all things considered)

CM Punk is a must follow on Twitter.

CM Punk and Buffalo Bills linebacker Shawne Merriman engaged in a war of words yesterday on Twitter in regards to the NFL star encountering some WWE Divas during the Raw brand's stay in Costa Rica. When reached for comment, The Straight Edge Superstar explained the matter to the Chicago Sun-Times.

"All I did was observe him walking around poolside, back and fourth, around in circles. I had no clue who he was, just knew that this guy was obviously trying to get noticed. When that didn't work, he sent his publicist after the girls, which is the most lacking of testicles thing ever. That's how we found out who he was.

"When THAT didn't work I watched him run after them as they tried to leave. Dude clowned himself and all I did was report the facts and laugh about it. On the road, the WWE is a family. The divas are my sisters, and like any big brother, I don't want creeps around my little sisters."

LMAO. The Divas know what steroids does to the male body.

Little sisters my ass! He's boned half (or more) of the divas if what i've read online is true. I can't say that I blame him. I would too if given the chance.

Spoiler for tonight's HoF announcement....

Spoiler: show
    SUNNY! (boing!)

Man don't be dissin' on my 1st ever HUGE crush!

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Man don't be dissin' on my 1st ever HUGE crush!
    How am I dissing....?

How am I dissing....?
    LMAO read the spoiler wrong. Thought you said "boring" and not "boing"

Yeah I was going to say I thought he was pretty flattering to her. Sorry guys if I have this wrong and that's why I am asking, did Sonny die? Or was it Chris Candido who died? Or was it both? I used to watch wrestling all the time but fell off in the last 6 or 7 years. And if a guy was going to get back to watching wrestling which brand would you recommend? Back in the days I was a fan of angles and storylines but I loved watching great in ring guys like Lance Storm, Jerry Lynn, and others who could paint a story in the ring and could make anyone look good.

Candido died years back, Sunny is still alive and well. WWE is much better than TNA....but WWE has seen better days; however, this is the best time to watch with everything leading up to Wrestlemania in a month.

Didn't see it but I hear that Stone Cold is back. Any truth to that???

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Didn't see it but I hear that Stone Cold is back. Any truth to that???
    Yes, he's going to be the special guest referee in the Lawler/Cole match. And also he's a trainer on Tough Enough that debuts after the April 4th Raw.

But he's not going to ever wrestle full time again, or at all. I don't even think he'll do "one more match".

Pro wrestler pitches first known perfect MLB 2K11 game, wins nothing.

After the break, you can watch the last three outs of a perfect game pitched in MLB 2K11 by a gamer named Michael Manna, who also happens to be known as professional wrestler Stevie Richards. Manna posted the video on YouTube hoping to win 2K Sports' $1 million perfect game contest, but he's been thwarted by the rules. Rather than having the contest go live on release day, as it did last year, this year's contest doesn't actually start until April 1, which means Manna's win doesn't actually count.

Too bad for Manna -- that's a pretty harsh chair to the back. But at least he knows he has the chops, so when the contest does kick off later this year, he can go up to the mound and try again.

LINK

Poor Stevie.

Like someone on Joystiq said, he should just have that bitch ready to submit on the contest site at exactly 12pm eastern on April, 1st. Nothing says you have to pitch the perfect game AFTER April 1st, so he just has to wait a couple weeks to submit it and still have a chance to win if he gets his in first and it gets verified.

I may be wrong, but I don't think it works that way. You have to load into the game from a special menu I think. So it knows when you played.

I may be wrong, but I don't think it works that way. You have to load into the game from a special menu I think. So it knows when you played.
    If that's the case, then that really sucks. I don't know why they are waiting until April 1st to start the contest. Last year, I want to think they started it on release day, so don't know the long wait this year. Unless they are hoping to drive up more sales with the hope of making people think they could still be the one to win by making it an entire month before the contest even starts.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    If that's the case, then that really sucks. I don't know why they are waiting until April 1st to start the contest. Last year, I want to think they started it on release day, so don't know the long wait this year.
    I think there were some (legitimate) complaints that making the contest start on release date essentially boiled down to "who can get the game first?" Anybody who got the game early had a distinct advantage. Anybody who didn't have to work on release day had a decent advantage.

Oooooh TNA....how you love to completely fuck things up.

Part of me is thinking this is Vince Russo trying to capitalize on Charlie Sheen's boost in popularity, maybe left Sting in the dark on what was to happen. Or Jeff was truly messed up and high. I will believe either side of this story.