Page 11 of 80 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro Wrestling Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    Spoiler: show

When you said old school, I thought you mean the spikey blond hair and colored face paint

That's what I thought too. I'd be more surprised by that.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Some great tweets in response to the complete ripoff video TNA made as their "shocking" announcement at the end of this week's Impact

Spoiler: show
    cherberrie: @tnadixie I caught the last five minute of your programming and it blows.. It is terrible... You will never be WWE. stop trying to be!

canadianbulldog: Dear @TNADixie - Nice "Surprise". Maybe next time you can surprise us with a wrestling promotion that doesn't absolutely f***ing suck.

JAVincen: @TNAwrestling @TNADixie Wow...The big surprise ending is a rip off of WWE's Undertaker promo for Sting.... Disappointing......

trtx84: Oh lord. Really @TNADixie? We're just gonna straight up copy WWE wholesale now? Embarrassing... #3311

TweepzMostLuvd: @TNADixie anything to keep them away from #1 huh? That's why this cpmpany will go down. What a let down.

jakeblckmn: @TNADixie could you please be more original, 3-3-11 really? and you wonder why your company sucks and is in the gutter, get new writers

WrestleWrestle: Y'know @TNADixie , if you're that driven to flush money down the toilet, you could just send it to me and save everyone a lot of pain.

MrGamer2558 : @TNADixie a mock video of WWE's 2-21-11 for Sting is your big surprise? you're kidding? this is a f***ing joke right?

thedylan2296: @tnadixie tna is officially dead... dixie... why? at victory have someone squash sting very quick... i wont care as long as sting looses

PocketVolcano: @TNADixie Seriously, just close up the company. Your talent is severely underpaid (esp the women) and you keep rehashing WCW stuff. Stop.

AreYouHie: @TNADixie when can i take over creative control of TNA? im pretty sure i'd bring in more viewers with much better "surprises"

bookerg: Only 1/2 an hour to go till @TNAwrestling & @tnadixie disappoint me with another overhyped "shocking surprise"! Who-hoo!

Lamou420: @TNADixie enough with the surprises already. We all know you can't deliver. Every time #tna announce a "big surprise" it's a let down.

Morris272: Sting in WWE would of been great in TNA its boring and predictable.

CdnOtakuGamer: Actually, the big surprise is that @TNADixie brought a big cake for everyone... But Matt Hardy ate it all backstage.

GrappleKingdom: Dear @TNADixie and @TNAwrestling - see how @WWE announced Sin Cara? THAT is how you make an impact in the wrestling world.

xthegunshow: @TNADixie Oh wow Sting vs Jeff Hardy...you really know how to keep those viewing figures down.

EmJayEch: The WWE is horrible & they lost me as a fan years ago, TNA is my CHOICE but TNA has opportunity and they BLOW IT BIG TIME. F-THIS @tnadixie

NotTripleH: Are we sure that TNA has the real Sting backstage, or the NWO Sting? Because I doubt @TNADixie knows the difference. #VintageDixie.

xthegunshow: @TNADixie No one gives a f*** that Sting is at tonights Impact Taping, people want him in WWE. You use him horribly.

XDustinEFLX: @TNADixie: Instead of paying your wrestlers more,you're wasting more money on a second Jersey Shore 'star'? Are you stupid?

gersfan22331: @TNADixie wow dixie the big suprise was sting wow the old man chose to stay with the 5TH rate trash that is tna

awesome_since88: @TNADixie OMG I wonder who 3-3-11 is??? This is going to change pro wrestling forever!! If I can only control myself for a whole week #TNA

EdgeUniversity: @TNADIxie so...your huge surprise for Impact was that you can copy a promo video that @WWE has been doing for the past month? GREAT JOB!

james_donald: YAY FOR COPYING WWE!!!! f*** you you dumbass bitch @TNADixie.

bookerg: I'M OFFICIALLY DONE WITH TNA. Don't say "SHOCKING SURPRISE" and not deliver. @TNAwrestling and @tnadixie. You just lost a viewer. FU.

Joerrd: @TNADixie LOL. That little 3-3-11 promo? That's the reason nobody takes your bingo hall company seriously.

The_Kliq_Army: @TNADixie so #TNA just basically stole the #WWE #Taker22111 promo lame

divalover159: @TNADixie learn to be original and never EVER copycat. if you want to be taken very seriously and not as a joke that you just made yourselfs tonight. learn to be original or your nothing more but a joke. just saying.

wmkrow: wow, @tnadixie, good job ripping off WWE and their 2-21-11 bit. Same font and everything.

Relentless_J: Lmfaoooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! TNA really copied WWE by making a 3-3-11 video??? @TNADixie can't use ORIGINALITY!?!?!?

JeebusOMalley: @TNADixie Seriously? Not even gonna pretend to have an original thought huh? Unbelievable. Impact is garbage.

PhantomLordNYC: @TNADixie Jesus Christ can't you people come up with anything original at all???

DarkMatchRaslin: @TNADixie we liked the Sting promo the first time we saw it...when it was for Undertaker in WWE a month ago...seriously, even the numbers?

J712v2: A mock 2/21/11 video? Really TNA? Really? Dear Spike: Take TNA off TV, and put ROH on instead!

1ISchmo: Wow. Creative means being creative, not copying something from another show. The shits beyond. @TNADixie, enjoy the final year.

It is incredibly disappointing to me that RoH didn't even get a chance with a TV deal back when they had amazing wrestlers (CM Punk, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Bryan Danielson, Christopher Daniels, all on the same roster, *sigh*), yet TNA has had one practically the whole time they've been in this horrible rehash spiral.

Side note: That 3-3-11 promo is truly sad.

A great add to the WWE roster, Mistico who will be known as Sin Caras in WWE

I'm genuinely surprised that WWE would sign any masked wrestlers outside of Mysterio, but not so surprised that they signed someone who's considered a "top star" at another promotion. They seem to like grabbing the top guys of other promotions, regardless of whether they need them.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I'm genuinely surprised that WWE would sign any masked wrestlers outside of Mysterio, but not so surprised that they signed someone who's considered a "top star" at another promotion. They seem to like grabbing the top guys of other promotions, regardless of whether they need them.
    Well Rey is a walking injury.

True, but I'm more speaking the point that I haven't previously thought WWE thought very highly of masked wrestlers (Lucha type, not Kane type).

True, but I'm more speaking the point that I haven't previously thought WWE thought very highly of masked wrestlers (Lucha type, not Kane type).
    Have you seen the cash Rey has brought to the company?

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Have you seen the cash Rey has brought to the company?
    Actually, no. But that does make sense.

:: shrug :: I'm just saying that, historically, I haven't thought that WWE management thought very highly of Mexican wrestlers, their heritage, or their style. Maybe with Rey, Del Rio, and now Mistico, that's changing? Or they're just picking guys that they can "convert" to their style.

When you said old school, I thought you mean the spikey blond hair and colored face paint
    He doesn't have enough hair to do that anymore. The jacket he wore was old school. Mixing the old and current look isn't a good idea IMO.

I could kick Sting in the ass for not showing up on Raw Monday night. I had my hopes way up for a Sting vs Taker match at WM 27. HHH vs Taker doesn't interest me one bit. Anyone remember their snoozefest match at WM 17? B-O-R-I-N-G!

Actually, no. But that does make sense.
    It's quite the sum. That's why he's never been a bad guy.

Quote Originally Posted by NatureBoy View Post
    HHH vs Taker doesn't interest me one bit.
    I was glad for it for two reasons. One, that means I won't be tempted to by WM. If it had been Sting/Taker, they could have practically guaranteed a purchase from me. Two, that's about the only match they could setup for Taker at WM with no build. And less than a month isn't time for anything but shit build.
    It's quite the sum. That's why he's never been a bad guy.
    I can imagine. All those masks the kids wear is probably a significant sum, for example. I also think Rey might be mentally against being a heel though. As far as I can remember, he's never been a heel in any of the promotions he's been in ... in America, at least.

I was glad for it for two reasons. One, that means I won't be tempted to by WM. If it had been Sting/Taker, they could have practically guaranteed a purchase from me. Two, that's about the only match they could setup for Taker at WM with no build. And less than a month isn't time for anything but shit build.
    I can imagine. All those masks the kids wear is probably a significant sum, for example. I also think Rey might be mentally against being a heel though. As far as I can remember, he's never been a heel in any of the promotions he's been in ... in America, at least.
    There's actually over 5 weeks left til WM, plenty of time to build, sounds like HBK will be the special ref from what I've read.

There's actually over 5 weeks left til WM, plenty of time to build, sounds like HBK will be the special ref from what I've read.
    Well, it's plenty of time to build with someone like HHH that's already established. 5 weeks would have been insufficient to build someone new to WWE or not in the WWE main event. I guess that's what I really meant.

Hell, with HHH and UT, just the stare down (which I have named Longest-WWE-Segment-With-No-Words-In-History) was enough to build the match, lol.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 02-26-2011 at 05:19 PM.

Damn, after watching the stare down on youtube, as well as after watching those videos from the Attitude era on the previous page, I might just have to start watching wrestling again, for the first time in years upon years, just see what they do to further build HHH-UT in the coming weeks.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 02-26-2011 at 04:46 PM.

Deflection for a HoF nominee or sour grapes?

- Bill Goldberg tweeted the following over the weekend in response to fans asking him whether he'll be a part of WrestleMania 27:

"No WWE plans on the horizon.....don't believe rumors. Is what it is."

Gotta love this brewing social media feud between the Rock and Cena: