Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NCAA 11 - Full Effect

• Facebook
  • Display
    I'll agree wholeheartedly. I'm new to the party (just found this site this week) and it's so fun to read and hear what people think without a ton of witching and grousing and nitpicking.

Looking forward to becoming a long-time follower of this site. Color me very impressed guys!

Quote Originally Posted by PigSooie View Post
    I'll agree wholeheartedly. I'm new to the party (just found this site this week) and it's so fun to read and hear what people think without a ton of witching and grousing and nitpicking.

Looking forward to becoming a long-time follower of this site. Color me very impressed guys!
    Glad to see you made your way in Sooie! Welcome to the party. Make sure to check into the new member thread and introduce yourself. Always cool to see a new member

I am just happy to be excited about NCAA football this year. I will say I have been very critical of the Tiburon team but they have done some great things this year. It finally seems like they are treating NCAA with the respect it deserves in compairison to madden. One small feature that I really dig is the stadiums, it really feels like you are there when playing the game. I dont mean the sound, but the overall feel is like you are down on the field and the crowd is right there on top of you. It kind of feels more surrounding. In the demo play in Ohio State's stadium and you feel engulfed by the crowd.

Wow, just went to the thread linked and that is some great stuff guys. Why do we even bother keeping around feature lists for when we have to do an interview? I'll just bookmark http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...mation-Central!

Since you guys are adding everything we did, I'd have to say you are missing the 2500 new TeamBuilder nicknames that Nessler will say!

And Jayrah, I love the post! I've been playing the game a ton of course, but I'm just as excited as you guys for you to get it! I hope it lives up to your expectations throughout the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    Oh and I'm also glad I have a brand new home to write an article like this up haha. My old home is not very receptive of positive vibes, even when they are deserved, as this clearly is. So thank you CDJ, JB, "G" and the rest of you new TGTers for making this whole experience 1000xs better! It has been a joyous and relatively argument free ride with you guys. The maturity of the site is really fun to be around.
    I'd like to thank those guys too. Terrific community ambassadors! We had our NCAA 11 Postmortem this morning and Roy Harvey called out the Gaming Tailgate by name. Great job guys, love the site!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Thompson - EA View Post
    I'd like to thank those guys too. Terrific community ambassadors! We had our NCAA 11 Postmortem this morning and Roy Harvey called out the Gaming Tailgate by name. Great job guys, love the site!
    That is fantastic news! The guys running TGT deserve the recognition. They have put so much into this series for so long. Thanks for letting us in on that, Adam.

Wow, just went to the thread linked and that is some great stuff guys. Why do we even bother keeping around feature lists for when we have to do an interview? I'll just bookmark http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...mation-Central!

Since you guys are adding everything we did, I'd have to say you are missing the 2500 new TeamBuilder nicknames that Nessler will say!

And Jayrah, I love the post! I've been playing the game a ton of course, but I'm just as excited as you guys for you to get it! I hope it lives up to your expectations throughout the season.
    More than happy to praise your efforts this year Adam (your team). It's well deserved, regardless of what's missing in the final product. Good question for your feature lists haha. The guys get everything in that bookmark on time. It's really useful and gives great perspective to the overall work of the ea team. Not to mention quick for anyone who is behind the 8 ball.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin2608 View Post
    I am just happy to be excited about NCAA football this year. I will say I have been very critical of the Tiburon team but they have done some great things this year. It finally seems like they are treating NCAA with the respect it deserves in compairison to madden. One small feature that I really dig is the stadiums, it really feels like you are there when playing the game. I dont mean the sound, but the overall feel is like you are down on the field and the crowd is right there on top of you. It kind of feels more surrounding. In the demo play in Ohio State's stadium and you feel engulfed by the crowd.
    I echo this sentiment. Something I have been saying since last year when I figured it out was that ea had to find a way to redesign the stadium spacing in a more vertical and compressed alignment. Also the fans haven't changed much or at all, but they feel better because they are closer and don't seem like separate individuals. It now FEELS like a crowd. Along with the cutscenes, it makes all the difference for the atmosphere in game.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    That is fantastic news! The guys running TGT deserve the recognition. They have put so much into this series for so long. Thanks for letting us in on that, Adam.
    Yes, that is really cool!

That is awesome bro! Glad to hear that!

I have stampeded through red dead redemption. I brought the light to Alan Wake. I blew up chunks of flesh in Modern Warfare 2. I'm now getting started on Rainbow Six Vegas 2. Im running out of games to play to kill all the time until the ncaa 11 release.

Quote Originally Posted by Nothingface View Post
    I have stampeded through red dead redemption. I brought the light to Alan Wake. I blew up chunks of flesh in Modern Warfare 2. I'm now getting started on Rainbow Six Vegas 2. Im running out of games to play to kill all the time until the ncaa 11 release.
    I'm already past that point, I have fully beaten Star Wars and it has been on shelf for almost two years and I never had gotten past the first mission, I am currently trying to get 100% on Mercs, and I am going through the last part of Mass Effect 2, I was trying to wait until there was a substantial amount of DLC out for the game. I have also purchased Need for Speed Undercover just as a fuck -off game and I bought it though Xbox so I can never trade it in.

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    I'm already past that point, I have fully beaten Star Wars and it has been on shelf for almost two years and I never had gotten past the first mission, I am currently trying to get 100% on Mercs, and I am going through the last part of Mass Effect 2, I was trying to wait until there was a substantial amount of DLC out for the game. I have also purchased Need for Speed Undercover just as a fuck -off game and I bought it though Xbox so I can never trade it in.
    Try some RPG's. That will take up a massive amount of time until release. I suggest Dragon Age: Origins. Dragon Age is insanely fun and takes many hours to complete.

Quote Originally Posted by lsutig187 View Post
    Try some RPG's. That will take up a massive amount of time until release. I suggest Dragon Age: Origins. Dragon Age is insanely fun and takes many hours to complete.
    Dragon Age is a great game(BioWare is an awesome developer), but that might be too long of a game to finish before NCAA 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidice View Post
    Dragon Age is a great game(BioWare is an awesome developer), but that might be too long of a game to finish before NCAA 11.
    You are probably right, but you could do at least one playthrough with a couple of all-nighter (maybe more) to finish it.

I was top notch ad DYING in Dragon age.

Quote Originally Posted by Nothingface View Post
    I was top notch ad DYING in Dragon age.
    That would be a nice fit for ncaa. Top notch and losing. Not consistently of course, but fairly challenged by cpu, to the point that you could lose games against good to great teams that play good games against you.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Yeah, it takes ~50 hours to play through it completely and probably ~40 hours to play through it skipping a good bit of the side quests.

Of course, I'm a whore that played through all the different race openings (and promptly quit after "beating" the opening), all the different classes to a point (where I would get bored with them and quit to play a different class), and all that so it took me considerably longer to play through it than most.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    That would be a nice fit for ncaa. Top notch and losing. Not consistently of course, but fairly challenged by cpu, to the point that you could lose games against good to great teams that play good games against you.
    You want to truly be challenged in NCAA? Play with whatever team you want and do nothing but Ask Corso plays and try to stop the CPU/score on the CPU. It's freakin' HARD (and what I've been doing with my Saint Augustus dynasty on here because otherwise I'd blow teams out that are twice as good as me).

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    You want to truly be challenged in NCAA? Play with whatever team you want and do nothing but Ask Corso plays and try to stop the CPU/score on the CPU. It's freakin' HARD (and what I've been doing with my Saint Augustus dynasty on here because otherwise I'd blow teams out that are twice as good as me).
    Ha! No, no! I'm not good enough for that. I'm just sayin'. I personally like the balance of AA. But for those too good for that level, it would be nice if Heisman struck that balance without being cheap.