Thread: Grand Theft Auto V

• Facebook
  • Display
    Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    The Lead Character of Watch Dogs

Spoiler: show
    http://watchdogs.wikia.com/wiki/Aiden_Pearce

His obsession has reached the point where he even monitors his own family, although they are not aware of this.

Pearce is 39 years old and was born in Belfast, Northern Ireland, but is a naturalized American citizen who has a warrant out for his arrest. His record also indicates that the police have been warned of his status as a vigilante. He grew up in rough neighborhoods and is presumably accustomed to violence.

Criminal Record
    Pearce spent 11 months in Cook County Correctional. He was accused of computer fraud, illegal possession of a firearm, and grand larceny. He has a bench warrant for immediate arrest.

Murders committed
    The following is a list of murders committed by Aiden Pearce.
    Joseph Demarco

He is a sweetie. Looks like one less game you have to worry about playing.

He has a reason to be what he is and do what he's doing. It's a revenge story. Nothing in GTA has EVER been that interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    Maybe a few of us could pm you and assuage your feelings
    I thought you said sausage and my ears perked up. Sadly I can't even get sausage, let alone PM's.

Last edited by bdoughty; 09-17-2013 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    He has a reason to be what he is and do what he's doing. It's a revenge story. Nothing in GTA has EVER been that interesting.
    You are way to young to be so jaded, it is just a game. Speaking of which mine just came in and is installing. Prostitutes you have been warned.

So.... how good is this game guys I didn't get it in the mail today from GameFly (i usually get it on Wed or Thurs at the latest after release)?

I thought you said sausage and my ears perked up. Sadly I can't even get sausage, let alone PM's.
    "Getting sausage" is what guys like ram do.

Aside from that, are you ok? (Seriously)

I'm using Tapatalk 2 and the Cleveland Browns STILL suck.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Yeah I am fine, I was just horsing around, plus I like that song.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    So.... how good is this game guys I didn't get it in the mail today from GameFly (i usually get it on Wed or Thurs at the latest after release)?
    So far so good but I have only played the first main mission and cops are much harder to shake for me. In the mission you have 2 stars and the police on you. I was in the middle of Los Santos and by the time I finally ditched them I was off road in the mountains. I have never been good at driving in the GTA series. I do love they added an in car "high camera" in the options that raises the view a bit so you can see what is up ahead. I like the close in camera but before they added this it ade it tough to see what was coming ahead.

The intro mission is well done and the only real gripe I have is the aiming reticle is so freaking small you have to sit up next to the TV to see it. Not a problem with auto-aim which I plan to use but will be a PITA for free aim. Did not check to see if there was a way to enlarge it.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 09-18-2013 at 03:16 AM.

Okay you can change the reticle to complex in settings to make it a little bigger. Now my major complaint is trying to shoot someone while driving. Hard to imagine that was the best option available. Fortunately it has been chasing down motorcycles early on so I just run em over. Also the text is too darn small on the phone me. I seem to remember you could do something in GTA IV to make it larger? On the humorous side they must have pulled some of the rag doll physics from Madden. Running and jumping is a very dangerous proposition for your character. Heck just climbing or even walking over a step has proven to be a challenge in every Rockstar game.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 09-18-2013 at 03:24 AM.

I played most the day away yesterday and still didn't have time to do the things I wanted(by choice I stuck to the story lines for the most part). The missions are so much fun that I want to see what happens next, but I did get a chance to play a round of golf. I shot 8 over and lost 2 golf carts in 9 holes
    Last edited by punter; 09-18-2013 at 08:02 AM.

Yeah I am fine, I was just horsing around, plus I like that song.
    and the more confusion, chaos and laughter the better

So far so good but I have only played the first main mission and cops are much harder to shake for me. In the mission you have 2 stars and the police on you. I was in the middle of Los Santos and by the time I finally ditched them I was off road in the mountains. I have never been good at driving in the GTA series. I do love they added an in car "high camera" in the options that raises the view a bit so you can see what is up ahead. I like the close in camera but before they added this it ade it tough to see what was coming ahead.

The intro mission is well done and the only real gripe I have is the aiming reticle is so freaking small you have to sit up next to the TV to see it. Not a problem with auto-aim which I plan to use but will be a PITA for free aim. Did not check to see if there was a way to enlarge it.
    I've gotten, according to my save file, about 18% of the way into the game. Currently in the middle of setting up my first heist, gonna be fun.

I'm loving the game, but yeah, there are some issues with it. The cops are definitely much harder to lose. I had to lose the cops after one mission, you automatically receive 3 stars during it. It took me over 10 minutes real time to finally evade them. Even when I'd pull away and break line of sight, it would only be a matter of moments before here would come a cop down the random road I'm flying down at 100 MPH to get away from the cops behind me. And thus, the chase would start all over again.

That also brings up the issue that, as is usual in the GTA series, the driving and handling of vehicles sucks. I try to make a 45 or 90 degree turn, my car ends up doing a 180 or something. When trying to flee cops, talk about aggravating. Also, is it just me, or are all the other cars in the game a bunch of brick walls? In GTA IV, if I came plowing down the road at top speed, I could at least plow through the cars in front of me and keep going (at reduced speed and a very damaged car, but I could keep going), but in GTA V, I hit a car at top speed and I come crashing to a near complete stop and the car I run into barely even moves.

So far those are the big issues I've had with the game. Otherwise, I love it so far and am going to spending the entirety of my gaming time for at least the next days/week playing nothing but GTA V.

Okay you can change the reticle to complex in settings to make it a little bigger. Now my major complaint is trying to shoot someone while driving. Hard to imagine that was the best option available. Fortunately it has been chasing down motorcycles early on so I just run em over. Also the text is too darn small on the phone me. I seem to remember you could do something in GTA IV to make it larger? On the humorous side they must have pulled some of the rag doll physics from Madden. Running and jumping is a very dangerous proposition for your character. Heck just climbing or even walking over a step has proven to be a challenge in every Rockstar game.
    Yeah, I'm having that issue. I've been involved in a couple of vehicle chase shootouts thus far, and it is damn near impossible to accurately aim and kill those bastards while speeding through roads and alleys.

And agreed on the phone. Last night before I shut down for the night, I laid back on the couch to relax while doing some stuff in the game, I couldn't even make out what the hell a text message on my phone was saying. Had to sit up and lean towards the TV to make out what the hell was showing on the phone.

And yeah, the physics are laughable at times. Tried to jump over a wall while running after someone, jumping into the wall and fell to the ground in such an odd angle, your leg would be fucked up for life.

I was able to take a little time off missions to branch out to activities. Got a round of golf in (started with a birdie but went downhill form there to end +4), did some street racing, whooped ass in tennis, went with Michael (playing as Franklin) to a strip club. Stole a boat and went out into the ocean (way out). I dove into the water, but couldn't see shit as the seafloor was deep as hell. I need to find me some scuba gear and go back out sometime, see just how deep that seafloor actually is.

Wooo! Just completed my first heist. What a fucking rush that was! Anyone know how often we can do heists in this game? Are we able to do them at will or only as part of the story? That was easy fucking money! It was a little bit of a bitch getting all the stuff necessary to set up the heist, but the heist itself was cake!

A word of wisdom for those still earlier in the game than me, when you get the option for your first heist, go with the smart (quiet) route and don't be stingy with who you hire and their cuts. The better hires (even though they receive higher cuts) will greatly pay off and you'll make more than you would with lower quality hires and/or going the loud method busting through the front door.

you guys are making it hard to wait for this on PC (if it ever really comes to PC)

I love the West Coast Classics radio channel. Some great classic gangsta rap.
    The dude abides.

If this has been mentioned already, I missed it. Maybe this was something that was already known, but I basically avoided all the vids & talk about the game.

The level of detail in the lap dances was a surprise to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan HAMsen View Post
    If this has been mentioned already, I missed it. Maybe this was something that was already known, but I basically avoided all the vids & talk about the game.

It was a surprise to me too.

GTA 5 Makes $800 Million in One Day

"Highest first day retail sales of any title in the history of the company and the Grand Theft Auto series.”

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/...ion-in-one-day

Quote Originally Posted by Stan HAMsen View Post

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    It was a surprise to me too.
    I need to get me one of those tonight. Compare notes to the real thing at my other job
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    "Getting sausage" is what guys like ram do.

I'm using Tapatalk 2 and the Cleveland Browns STILL suck.
    wrong...just wrong...wrong wrong wrong. Besides, I like bacon