Thread: What's Cooking Thread!

• Facebook
  • Display

What's Cooking Thread!

Soooo, we have a fast food thread and I was wondering if any of you people actually cook haha. I love to cook and try new things, gues I'm weird but my dream would be to own a restaurant. Anyways just post what you're cooking and maybe some pictures or recipes.

Lunch today: Making pepper beef and shrimp egg rolls hellz yeah homemade chinese.

Tonight: A small pork tenderloin rubbed down with season and then wrapped in bacon! On the side I'm gonna roast some corn in the oven and some green beans on the stove with bacon drippings for flavor!

Some good recipes: Pound you out two THIN burger patties, lets just say make a regular burger and split it in half and thin it out some. NOW!!! Make pockets in the middle and fill with Bacon and cheese or chesse and jalapenos and put the two together. DON'T smash them together or pat them together, just go around the edges and seal it good....put that thing on the grill...

YOU HAVE A JUICY LUCY!

Attached Images Attached Images

I enjoy cooking. I'm with you, would love to own a restaurant. Have the theme and name already picked out. I know this will get the attention of the vultures out there and rip me apart but the name would be Stuft and everything on the menu is stuffed. Stuffed burgers, stuffed chicken, stuffed french toast...etc.

My burger recipe is as such. Make a patty and pat down the center and make a bowl. Stuff it with whatever you want, my personal favorites - lettuce, tomato, onion, cheese, ketchup and mustard Then you top it with a thin piece of burger. Cook the thin side first and quick and then flip it and cook the rest of the time on the other side. This way you don't get the lettuce all wilty. Also use cube cheese as it will melt slower than shredded and doesn't get to runny.

What will sausages be stuffed with? lol

Quote Originally Posted by DariusLock View Post
    You don't stuff the sausages, you use the sausages for the stuffing

ORRRR You could some how build a baby sausage filled with cheese and what not, then get your big sausage and put the little one in it...then fill with pork or w/e...

That could be pushing it tho haha.

running a restaurant is hard work. you have to be committed. i was a restaurant manager for 10 years . i loved it hate corporate setting. I've realized that it will be an obssession for me because I've seen so much messed up stuff, employees do.

But as far as cooking goes.... that's what I do i've been cooking since I was six well before the microwave was in homes. never went to culinary school. that juicy lucy looks good i tried but made them too thick and didn't cook all the way through.

I was going to open up a sub shop called Jeneca (play on my wifes name and mine)
    specialized in cheese steaks, hoagies, and stuff like that , then during week special meals for dinner, mostly soul food

Quote Originally Posted by DariusLock View Post
    hmmmm...what to do with this comment

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    I know this will get the attention of the vultures out there and rip me apart but the name would be Stuft

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Oh man, I love cooking. I have made some great stuff over the past year. Steak au Poivre, Chicken Kiev, homemade Chain of Bull Cheesesteaks, Cherry Clafouti, stuffed ranch burgers. The Steak au Poivre and cheesesteaks were all completely homemade. Bought a whole, vacumn packed tenderloin, or PSMO. Cut all the meat into steaks and the other stuff I needed at home, was able to make three or four different meals out of it for a cheap price.

The stuffed ranch burgers are made of part ground beef and part ground pork with ranch salad dressing mix mixed into the meat, stuffed a sharp cheddar, pepperjack, and mozzarella cheese combination in the middle of the burger then cooked. Put some caramelized onions and tomato on top, some lettuce on the bottom, with some ranch dressing lightly spread across the top bun. Good eating.

That ranch burger sounds pretty delicious.

Smoked up some ribs tonight... my first on my new smoker.

Hmmm ribs.....

Time to bring this back

Since we are finally settled in the house and spring/summer time is upon us. I am in the market for a new grill. Gave our old gas one mother-in-law and not sure if I want another gas one or finally want to go with charcoal/smoker?

I'd actually like to try a bit of cooking with a smoker this summer..especially cooking up some ribs that G showed. Would like to do a bit of both in one though, not have seperate.

Any particular models you guys using?

Could always go with the old school round ones but I need some that makes me look like I know what I'm doing and mean business