Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: XBOX Next Gen Rumor and Speculation Thread - Reveal May 21st

• Facebook
  • Display
    It all depends on launch games for me. If they have the games/features that I want, I'll bite. If they don't, I wont. I don't really believe that rumor though. Microsoft is releasing a massive dashboard overhaul here in the coming weeks, and it just doesn't make sense to do if they're just going to roll out another Xbox within the year. Not to mention, wasn't Halo 4 confirmed has a 360 title?

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Rushing out the console much? Remember the RROD fiasco MS?
    They won the "next-gen" console war because of rushing it out over Sony. The American video game consumer would literally buy a POS in a box if you called it the newest/greatest video game console. 1st to the market wins product quality be damned.

The latest "news" (rumors) from GameSpot:

It appears next-generation console rumors are coming to a consensus. Edge today reported that Ubisoft, Electronic Arts, and other unspecified major developers are developing games for the successor to the Xbox 360 with a late 2012 launch expected.

According to the site, Ubisoft Montreal and "certain EA studios" are working on games with Microsoft-provided "target boxes" that use off-the-shelf computer parts matching the planned specifications for the company's next console. The first legitimate devkits for the system are expected to be provided to developers by the end of this year. The given late 2012 release window lines up with rumors from last week that pegged the next Xbox as launching in the holiday season next year.

Edge also provided a corroborating take for another next-generation rumor that had been floating around, this one about Sony's next PlayStation. Last month, rumors circulated that Sony had begun work on PlayStation 4 games. A notion backed up by Edge's report that "one major Sony-owned studio has now ceased PlayStation 3 development" to work on the next console from the electronics giant.

Bleh.

Pretty soon they're going to go the Apple route and introduce the next gen once a year

The Gen3 cycle should have lasted MUCH longer than this before going on to Gen4.

I hope each of these consoles are backwards-compatible from the get-go.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Pretty soon they're going to go the Apple route and introduce the next gen once a year

The Gen3 cycle should have lasted MUCH longer than this before going on to Gen4.
    I agree. Sure, maybe the graphics are maxed out, but we're not going to be seeing a huge graphical leap on the next generation anyhow. There's still so much more developers can do to fine tune games. Some of the best games on PS2 were the ones that were released towards the end of it's life cycle and a little before PS3 was released. Oh well. I wonder if we'll see another game price increase for next generation. $80 games. I can see it now.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I hope each of these consoles are backwards-compatible from the get-go.
    With the Gen3 boom, you'd think they HAVE too. But also, who didn't see them dropping the compatibility halfway into this Gen.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    I agree. Sure, maybe the graphics are maxed out, but we're not going to be seeing a huge graphical leap on the next generation anyhow. There's still so much more developers can do to fine tune games. Some of the best games on PS2 were the ones that were released towards the end of it's life cycle and a little before PS3 was released. Oh well. I wonder if we'll see another game price increase for next generation. $80 games. I can see it now.
    Believe me, after pushing Skyrim as far as I have and then looking at gameplay videos of it from an Xbox, the graphics for the PS3 and 360 are SIGNIFICANTLY worse than what you can get out of a PC using recently new hardware. It's night and day differences, especially something like Skyrim, where the consoles have to REALLY push the visual distance closer to make it run smooth. With some tweaking, I can stand on top of a mountain, look halfway across the world, and see mountain ranges WAY off in the distance.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Believe me, after pushing Skyrim as far as I have and then looking at gameplay videos of it from an Xbox, the graphics for the PS3 and 360 are SIGNIFICANTLY worse than what you can get out of a PC using recently new hardware. It's night and day differences, especially something like Skyrim, where the consoles have to REALLY push the visual distance closer to make it run smooth. With some tweaking, I can stand on top of a mountain, look halfway across the world, and see mountain ranges WAY off in the distance.
    Do you put your sword in the air and scream I HAVE THE POWER!!!!

I wish I could, cause I totally would.

From Forbes:

The next version of the Xbox – the Xbox 720 – is expected to launch in 2013. Microsoft may be planning to add 3D display features and touchscreen controllers to the Xbox 720.

The Xbox 720 will be launched nearly 8 years after the Xbox 360. It is expected to be revolutionary in terms of features and graphical capabilities, and may be integrated with the Kinect motion sensor. A recent job listing indicates that Microsoft also plans to include 3D gaming features to the Xbox 720. It is also speculated that the new controllers in the Xbox 720 will have an HD display with the traditional buttons and sticks, enabling touchscreen controls. It can be used as a remote control and a web browser. The Xbox 720 is expected to six times as powerful as the Xbox 360, and will also be priced higher than $500.

That sounds SO retarded. Touchscreen controls? 3D gaming?! Kinect?!

This shit comes out and I'm done with console gaming COMPLETELY. I don't need dumb ass gimicks to play video games. If I needed that, I'd own a fuckin' Wii.

I can live without Kinect and 3D. I do not mind the touch screen controller. I like the look of the Wii U controller and expected MS to follow.

Rumor is also going that the next Xbox (current code name Durango) will not play used games.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    I can live without Kinect and 3D. I do not mind the touch screen controller. I like the look of the Wii U controller and expected MS to follow.

Rumor is also going that the next Xbox (current code name Durango) will not play used games.
    I heard that rumor got squashed.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

That would be monumentally stupid on MS' part if that were to be true.

All I see is more broken controllers and priced higher then 500.00 means ill be waiting on it unless my wife buys it quick kinda means I indirectly buy it.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    All I see is more broken controllers and priced higher then 500.00 means ill be waiting on it unless my wife buys it quick kinda means I indirectly buy it.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, seeing as I just literally got a 360 Slim, to replace my old 360 with the disc drive going bad in it, it'll be at least mid-2014 before I'd even consider buying the 720, probably not until late-2014 or 2015.

i guess i'm a little foolish cuz i'll probably buy it new. i've only had one 360 in 5 years (been repaired once 2 years ago), so i think its time for an upgrade. of course, a lot can happen between now and when the 720 releases.

Well M$ just won the next console war (if true). They can literally put a POS in a box with 100% failure rate and noone will care and buy it up like a bunch of laches. Oh well my PS3 already has 3D capabilities (not that I use it) and a touchscreen controller just does not interest me in the slightest. Good lord how big (and expensive) do you think those controllers will be?