Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: XBOX Next Gen Rumor and Speculation Thread - Reveal May 21st

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy View Post
    xbox won't do blu ray , if they do you won't need two system.I would and just get rid of hte ps all titogether but IMO still ps3>360
    Honestly, Microsoft would be stupid as hell not to go to blu-ray. It has been absolutely no secret over the years since 360 came out that the DVD discs on 360 have had a lot of limitations on stuff included in lots of games. They need to get away from the tiny as hell DVDs and get on an even playing ground in regards to size limitations on discs as Playstation.

Count me out of the group of American's that usually buy the first thing out...they are dumbasses. Over the years Sony has continuously been the better system to me, I only ever got an XBox for the exclusives.

It's very simple this for this generation:

If you prefer single player games, buy a PS3, because it has better single player EXCLUSIVE experiences.
    If you prefer multiplayer, but a 360, because it provides a way better online experience(both in interface/features and games).

If you enjoy both, like myself, buy both.

Yeah each has their own great things. I pay $40 a year for XBL just because it's worth it. I pay $40-$50 a year for Playstation Plus, because it is well worth the money, and pays for itself very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Yeah I dunno what my timetable would be for the new consoles....maybe tax time 2014.....maybe six months after launch.....
    I'm thinking a little while after launch also. Give it some time in production for any problems to settle out, prices to not be absurd, etc.

Same here on the time table.Would so not be in the rush go out and buy one launch date.Gotta wait and look for backwards compatible as well for ps3 games first big issue. Might do the xbox new system right off dunno either. But right now I'm currently happy with both 360/ps3 right now.

From IGN:

Microsoft may be keeping quiet about development of the next generation Xbox, but a couple of crucial aspects of the console have surfaced by way of reputable Microsoft leak blogger MS Nerd.

The Xbox 720, as it has become commonly referred to as, is allegedly codenamed "loop," and will be much smaller than the Xbox 360. Moreover, MS Nerd claims the system will cost less to produce in the hopes for achieving higher Kinect adoption. In addition, the console will be based on a modified version of the yet-to-be-announced Windows 9.

MS Nerd continues by stating that "It will use a Zune HD-like hardware platform—a 'main' processor with multiple dedicated assistive cores for graphics, AI, physics, sound, networking, encryption and sensors. It will be custom designed by Microsoft and two partners based on the ARM architecture."

Microsoft has yet to divulge in any information regarding their next console, although it is rumored that it will be revealed next year at E3.

Ha, of course, it'll cost less to produce, but cost more to buy.

And so help me God if it doesn't have fucking blu-ray.

Windows 9? Windows 8 isn't even out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Windows 9? Windows 8 isn't even out yet.
    Well, considering the 720 won't be out until probably sometime late 2013 (just in time for the holiday rush), Windows 9 would be right. Hell, MS is probably already working on the outline of Windows 10 for 3 or 4 years down the road.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Sounds like total bullshit. No way Micro$oft is going to shell out the money needed to use Arm architecture and, if they do, it's going to be terrible since Arm isn't anywhere CLOSE to the same architecture as ATI or Intel so it would be horribly cumbersome on the operating system to attempt to run in an environment that's not anything like the native environment that Windows is used to.

Sounds like a complete hoax to me.

For the first time in my life, I won't be in line to be one of the first to get a nex gen system. It takes companies a few years to get the hang of the new hardware and start producing good games for the system. I just bought a new Wii, 360 slim and PS3 last July. I'm good for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by NatureBoy View Post
    For the first time in my life, I won't be in line to be one of the first to get a nex gen system. It takes companies a few years to get the hang of the new hardware and start producing good games for the system. I just bought a new Wii, 360 slim and PS3 last July. I'm good for awhile.
    Yeah, I didn't get my 360 until Christmas 2009. I'm good. I did just fine continuing with PS2 and Xbox for a couple years, I'll be just fine with 360 for 3 or 4 more years.

i think i'll be getting one depending on price. i've had my 360 for like 3 years now. hopefully it lasts.

Just as long as my NCAA dynasties don't go PS4 I'll be fine!

X-Box 720 to be released Holiday 2012?

Earlier this week, the web was set ablaze with new rumors regarding the next-generation Xbox, otherwise known as the Xbox 720 and allegedly codenamed ‘Loop.’ The original report suggested that the new system would be cheaper and smaller than the Xbox 360, be based on Windows 9 and sport ARM processing architecture.

Most importantly, the source alleged that the new console would make its debut at E3 next year.

Tech journalist Paul Thurrott claimed otherwise today, suggesting that Microsoft will instead use Consumer Electronics Show in January as the launching point for their next console, and that it will integrate extensively with Windows 8 and Windows Phone.

During an episode of Windows Weekly, Thurrott stated:

"What I'm hearing is the console is going to come out for holidays next year, meaning that they would almost have to announce this at CES, wouldn't they?”

He went on to claim that Microsoft is taking a note from Apple’s playbook. “They want this thing to integrate very tightly with Windows 8 and Windows Phone,” he said. “Which is a problem with the current Xbox.”

Given the nature of the source and the language used, we’d recommend taking these claims with a grain of salt.

All the same, should the next Xbox make its debut at CES, IGN will be on the ground conducting our annual coverage on IGN Tech.

More rumors, this from EGMNOW:

THE BUZZ: Microsoft is preparing to officially announce the next Xbox console at CES in January, according to a new report.

French website Xboxygen says that the platform holder will not make any announcements relating to software or features but will discuss the console’s hardware and specifications. An anonymous source has revealed that Microsoft currently has two teams working on the console; a group called “Infinity” who is in charge of hardware and another called “loop” working on software. The site goes on to say that the console will include a six core processor, AMD graphics and 2GB of RAM.

EGM’s TAKE: Yet another rumor surrounding the next generation Xbox. What’s interesting here, though, is the proposed timing. Over the last few years the winter CES has gained a greater gaming presence (in the ’90s gaming was a huge part of the show). This would give Microsoft a distinct leg up going into the first half of the year, and boost going into June’s E3. It would also give them a headstart over Sony, if sonly plans on announcing anything at E3. The one question we can’t get out of our heads though, could a CES announcement mean a 2012 release?

Rushing out the console much? Remember the RROD fiasco MS?

Which is why I'm perfectly content waiting until at least late 2013 or 2014 before buying the new console, if it comes out in winter 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Which is why I'm perfectly content waiting until at least late 2013 or 2014 before buying the new console, if it comes out in winter 2012.
    Yeah...I have enough as it is....This won't be a launch buy for me on either side of MS or Sony.