Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: XBOX Next Gen Rumor and Speculation Thread - Reveal May 21st

• Facebook
  • Display

XBOX Next Gen Rumor and Speculation Thread - Reveal May 21st

From Stick Skills:

Develop has published dual reports today from their sources in the industry that say Sony and Microsoft have undertaken initial development for projects on the Playstation 4 and the currently dubbed “Xbox Next” respectively.

The website quotes a “trusted source to the matter” that Sony has begun work on a number of first-party projects for the Playstation 4, although it wont be expected to release before 2014.

Meanwhile, the report on Microsoft, according to Develop’s “multiple sources across the industry,” states that the company is planning to reveal their new Xbox at E3 2013 and will make it available in stores by the holiday of that year. The report goes on to mention that Lionhead is working on an internally named “Fable Next” project for the system, and that Epic’s new Unreal Engine might be available by the time the new console is released.

Both companies have declined any comment on the matter, and we’ve seen multiple reports in the past that have been refuted. At some point though, it’s inevitable that the next-generation of consoles will be unveiled. With most analysts projecting the current console cycle to last around 10 years, these timetables seen very plausible.

LOL @ Sony if they allow MS to beat them to the punch again. Well, I guess they still have Japan.

Come on Sony don't hate on us just tell us on when the ps4.It will happen dam it!!Who cares on who launches what first. crap soft will still make more money.

Nice to hear it won't be long before the new consoles hit the market. I'm still going to buy a new 360 Slim this holiday season regardless, since my disc drive is sticking like an absolute bitch currently and refuses to open until after the 20th press of the eject button, but glad to see it's only a few more years before the next console hits the market. With a new 360, it'll give me a couple years to let the new console release, let all the issues come out, let MS release new (fixed) consoles, and then eventually make the upgrade.

Yeah I dunno what my timetable would be for the new consoles....maybe tax time 2014.....maybe six months after launch.....

I'll probably get a 720 at launch for sure, maybe PS4, too. It all really depends on the launch titles. If MS wants me on launch day, all they have to do is announce a Gears game. If Sony wants me, all they have to do is announce a Killzone game(a REAL one, none of this KZ3 shit) or a real SOCOM game. I do really hope Sony takes a lesson from MS and beefs up their online services and user interface. Those are the two areas where MS consistently makes Sony look like amateurs.

Backwards compatibility will be huge for me.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Backwards compatibility will be huge for me.

Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    or a real SOCOM game.
    you know i am a huge SOCOM fan but I honestly just dont see that happening. The game has gone downhill since the PS3

I didn't think Confrontation was THAT bad. S4, on the other hand, is the single biggest joke of a game I've ever played in my life. Zipper, Sony, and everyone involved with that piece of shit should be ashamed of themselves.

I didn't think Confrontation was THAT bad. S4, on the other hand, is the single biggest joke of a game I've ever played in my life. Zipper, Sony, and everyone involved with that piece of shit should be ashamed of themselves.
    since they are coming out with PS2 games now just bundle all PS2 SOCOM games and let us make our lists up for the maps and modes (only for S3 and CA, S1 and S2 have to be played the same way) and that will sell more copies than anything. Give me the S3/CA interface with all maps and guns. Ohhh yeah thats all I would need.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Nice to hear it won't be long before the new consoles hit the market. I'm still going to buy a new 360 Slim this holiday season regardless, since my disc drive is sticking like an absolute bitch currently and refuses to open until after the 20th press of the eject button, but glad to see it's only a few more years before the next console hits the market. With a new 360, it'll give me a couple years to let the new console release, let all the issues come out, let MS release new (fixed) consoles, and then eventually make the upgrade.
    Smooth this is going to sound worse than what I mean but give it a nice punch, slap when hit the eject button. You can always open it up and fix the problem but the firm slap will get it open once you hit the eject button, naturally you would want your xbox to be laying down.

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    Smooth this is going to sound worse than what I mean but give it a nice punch, slap when hit the eject button. You can always open it up and fix the problem but the firm slap will get it open once you hit the eject button, naturally you would want your xbox to be laying down.
    Nice, I'll give that a try. This is the second time I've had this problem. My original 360's drive started sticking a couple years back and sent it in since it was still under warranty. They sent me back a refurb and it has been fine until just a month or two ago, when the drive started sticking again, only this time it's out of warranty. No way in hell I'm sending it in and paying $100 for MS to fix it. I've been wanting to upgrade my 120 GB HDD for a year now, so I'll just get a 250 GB 360 Slim and upgrade the whole thing. Just have to deal with this stupid sticking thing for two more months.

LOL @ Sony if they allow MS to beat them to the punch again. Well, I guess they still have Japan.
    yep Sony apparently hasn't learned their lesson. you can put out a POS for a console that 50% crash and burn and win the console war. Just package some shit (literally) in a box call it PS4 and win the war.

microsoft better put in blue ray capability. someone has to realize that dvds are holding back the gaming industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Violator View Post
    since they are coming out with PS2 games now just bundle all PS2 SOCOM games and let us make our lists up for the maps and modes (only for S3 and CA, S1 and S2 have to be played the same way) and that will sell more copies than anything. Give me the S3/CA interface with all maps and guns. Ohhh yeah thats all I would need.

The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    microsoft better put in blue ray capability. someone has to realize that dvds are holding back the gaming industry.
    Agreed. Get blu-ray in both consoles and lets get this shit evened out in terms of disc capacity and everything else. Have blu-ray capability, with backwards comparability for the XBox 360 DVD discs and everything will be golden.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Agreed. Get blu-ray in both consoles and lets get this shit evened out in terms of disc capacity and everything else. Have blu-ray capability, with backwards comparability for the XBox 360 DVD discs and everything will be golden.
    it has to be a no brainer....i do like the ideas of digital releases though. then game companies could start making games as big as your hard drive allowed. imagine what ncaa/madden would be like then?

xbox won't do blu ray , if they do you won't need two system.I would and just get rid of hte ps all titogether but IMO still ps3>360

Quote Originally Posted by Violator View Post
    Yep, agreed 100%. Will Zipper/Sony do it? Probably not. Why? Because they're not smart enough to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    yep Sony apparently hasn't learned their lesson. you can put out a POS for a console that 50% crash and burn and win the console war. Just package some shit (literally) in a box call it PS4 and win the war.
    Pretty much, especially in America. Sony does very well in Japan and Europe, but in America, people are going to buy the first thing on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy View Post
    xbox won't do blu ray , if they do you won't need two system.I would and just get rid of hte ps all titogether but IMO still ps3>360
    The 720 will have bluray. It's a guarantee.