Page 137 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,740 of 2951

Thread: Powerhouse OD - General Discussion Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Two questions for those more experienced with NCAA 14:
    1. Does saving the OD ever stop it from downloading again?
    2. Does the offensive or defensive playbook have an effect on the number of players per position before you get a competitive visit?
    1. I wouldn't recommend saving the od as it has caused the "commissioner has advanced glitch"
    2. No. More than 1 of the same position on the same week will cause a competitive visit

I always save the OD, so no one else really needs to.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

In years past saving the OD allowed you to not have to re-download the same week. But it doesn't look like it's working this year.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

QB accuracy is now up to 10.

The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    QB accuracy is now up to 10.

My decently rated QB still can't throw to save his life

I love how a bunch of formations that I've fallen in love with in the last month are completely broken for PA Linked Plays. Did they take the visual indication out? I just played an Exhibition game with Indiana's playbook and didn't see the icon in a single formation, though I know I've seen it in the last month.

Man I should have paid more attention to my roster while redshirting.

Given how terrible this season has gone would have loved to redshirt my Freshman QB and played my backup who isn't bad himself.

Next season may redshirt him and start the Senior, give Mosley a year and hopefully a better team the following season.

Anybody have an issue with a TE-Y/Jimmy Graham type player being moved from TE to WR? Don't have a specific one in mind, just a general question.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 08-22-2014 at 09:29 AM.

Now that my season is over the biggest thing I'd like to change going into next year is the sliders - I know defense has always been a problem in NCAA however...

What are everyone's thoughts on the sliders? I haven't checked to see if they're the same as we had in the old powerhouse OD but I find it virtually impossible to play any sort of defense, specifically pass defense. I know our teams are bad however in UvU games we're playing against other bad teams and it seems the only thing we can do is hope the opposing offense makes a bad read and throws it into traffic.

All the typical routes work, curls are money against any coverage (not just Cover 3) due to the corner or hook/curl defender not reacting (I've tried C2 Sink and purple zones which have helped in the past), same goes for comebacks. Any out breaking route destroy's man coverage - I'd understand it if the route is still open and a pass completed but my defender is still in position to make a tackle, however when he keeps running five yards down the field prior to reacting to the cut its a little frustrating.

There's a thread over on OS with a lot of good information regarding sliders (over 5,000 posts): http://www.operationsports.com/forum...t-sliders.html

I didn't have any problems with the sliders that couldn't otherwise be explained by our teams. Though I did see a mention in one slider thread yesterday that the Intentional Grounding slider is thought to have an impact on the tendency of QBs to scramble out of the pocket; that was interesting to me. Our penalties sliders are untouched, which I found surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I didn't have any problems with the sliders that couldn't otherwise be explained by our teams. Though I did see a mention in one slider thread yesterday that the Intentional Grounding slider is thought to have an impact on the tendency of QBs to scramble out of the pocket; that was interesting to me. Our penalties sliders are untouched, which I found surprising.
    From the slider research I've done in the past and reading through that thread on OS recently there are a lot of relationships between sliders settings both off/def to penalties. Coaching sliders also play a role as well.

The thing that bothers me the most is the coverage defender continuing to drop further back and not react to an offensive players cut, I've seen this happen both for and against me.
    Last edited by Oneback; 08-25-2014 at 09:28 AM.

Momentum was everything....I noticed it when we had talented teams....but I truly understood the importance with our current teams. There were times when I had 6-10 guys throbbing red on offense....a big play can work wonders. On defense....it wasn't possible. I'm not sure if it was the sliders, but it's easier to gain momentum on offense compared to defense despite similar ratings on both sides.

Don't get me wrong, I understand there are a lot of factors, I don't mind losing games, I've actually enjoyed it. However its the reactions of players (or lack there of) that are causing me frustrations.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I understand there are a lot of factors, I don't mind losing games, I've actually enjoyed it. However its the reactions of players (or lack there of) that are causing me frustrations.
    I would be very surprised if we found a solution to that that didn't turn marginally better players (than the ones we currently have) into superstars. (EDIT: Unless that solution was to go full-bore with the Community sliders and just hope that they match up with how we play the game as a group) As it was, I saw a surprising number of quick-reaction-INTs on my team this year (including picking Golston) that I wouldn't have expected, based on the sliders and talent level. I'd be hesitant to sway too far from the current set, at least without hard proof of superior gameplay.

For example, I was reading a Varsity Slider set that sounded real good yesterday, but the more I looked at the numbers that they were getting, the more I realized that our collective stick talent in Powerhouse would absolutely shred those sliders.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a more exciting game that involved defense both reacting and overreacting. And the sliders thread you linked has some great info ... unfortunately the first thing it says is that Coaching Sliders are paramount. I don't believe we can touch those at this point.

EDIT: That thread indicates that coaches can be edited while a dynasty is on-going. I just checked, this doesn't work in an OD. I imagine it's only allowed in offline dynasties.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 08-25-2014 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    Now that my season is over the biggest thing I'd like to change going into next year is the sliders - I know defense has always been a problem in NCAA however...

What are everyone's thoughts on the sliders? I haven't checked to see if they're the same as we had in the old powerhouse OD but I find it virtually impossible to play any sort of defense, specifically pass defense. I know our teams are bad however in UvU games we're playing against other bad teams and it seems the only thing we can do is hope the opposing offense makes a bad read and throws it into traffic.

All the typical routes work, curls are money against any coverage (not just Cover 3) due to the corner or hook/curl defender not reacting (I've tried C2 Sink and purple zones which have helped in the past), same goes for comebacks. Any out breaking route destroy's man coverage - I'd understand it if the route is still open and a pass completed but my defender is still in position to make a tackle, however when he keeps running five yards down the field prior to reacting to the cut its a little frustrating.
    I've known defense to be terrible in NCAA as well but it's been driving me insane during this season.

I go into games with the CPU knowing everything they will work in the pass game. Usually my guys aren't anywhere near the WR be it zone or man.

Against users I have noticed that Curl defense is non existent, especially the short 4,5,6 yard variety. No matter what my defenders zone will not get underneath them. Which is particularly frustrating when I have an idea that is where my opponent is going. I try to drop purple zones underneath the outside ones but I've only had that work once, and it was a drop instead of pick.

Comebacks seem even deadlier but both seem to gauge me. That and slants I recently found out and of course deep posts which my Safeties refuse to cover.

Shouldn't expect much though with the group I have.

I doubt changing much other then drops and QB accuracy are going to do anything to combat our defenders not going to the correct depth or see a play faster.

I tend to play more 3/4 just cause if I can get a user to sit a second longer my LB'rs are at a better depth the out of say 3-2-6 dime. Just my 2 cents.

Its not a correct depth issue....for example lets say the offense comes out in a Ace Spread and the slot reciever runs a 10 yard out. If the defense is in any flavor of man coverage the nickel DB will not react to the out cut by the reciever until close to 15 yards.

I'm up for whatever. I will say that the talent level of the players is a big thing that I've seen in some of my other dynasties, especially ones with really good teams. I'm in one where we are in year like 2024 or something like that and we've got some good defenders and depending on some of their skills they will blanket a WR. I do get some of the outs/ins to work but only if my WR has great route running and that doesn't always work. Also on the curls they will work but the timing has to be good and I've been jumped a bunch for swats and picks.

I'm really interested in these penalty sliders that will affect gameplay.

I'm ask for changing sliders but I'd say they need to be moderate changes this year... We still need to be losing games with these teams.

That said, as Oneback and I agreed in our game, our OLs shouldn't be pushing around our DLs in either the running or passing game.

My Dline was getting mauled by your Oline G

My Oline was getting mauled by your Dline though as well I felt. Everyone has did that to me thus far though.