Page 108 of 148 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 2951

Thread: Powerhouse OD - General Discussion Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by nykia31 View Post
    Notre Dame-Ohio State

That was a good game, fellas.

Since Jameil Showers has been out since the 1st quarter of the 1st game, I'll post my backups ratings and stats (he's played surprisingly well).
    Matt Joeckel
    OVR: 75
    THP: 78
    THA: 76
    24/37 536yds 6TD 1INT
    65% completion rate

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    That was a good game, fellas.

I drank a tall glass of water, after this one.

For the record, I HATE pass commit, but I just dont see any way to get your good passrushing defensive linemen active, without usering. You cant always send 6 dudes, when you want to generate pressure.

I have ends with nice passrush moves.

When I go dime and have Prince Shembo with his hand in the dirt, and move Kapron Lewis Moore inside like the Giants do with Tuck, I have guys with 85, 87, 84, 87 passrush moves.

At least 1 or 2 of them, usually have a matchup advantage, or are even; yet I consistenly see them do nothing when left alone.

They play the run well, but passrush? PSH.

Even usering them doesn't get it done, nykia. I think we may be suffering because of the way our sliders work out in USER/USER matchups. When I'm playing the CPU, I can get a rush with our sliders (albeit still not that good of one), but I got nothing in USER/USER.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Even usering them doesn't get it done, nykia. I think we may be suffering because of the way our sliders work out in USER/USER matchups. When I'm playing the CPU, I can get a rush with our sliders (albeit still not that good of one), but I got nothing in USER/USER.
    Ahhh...i forgot about the user vs user factor.

heck even on AA in online ranked world, its still really difficult.

When I played SMU I had 0 pass rush. I felt like I got "gamed" that game. Garrett Gilbert constantly had 8-10 seconds to throw even when I blitzed, so he could wait til one of his receivers ran around made a cut back to the ball 20 yds downfield and chunk it. Then there is nothing you can do to get swat to work when the ball is in the air...easy touchdowns for them. It was alot worse than it looks, and for some reason my backup QB plays like Peyton Manning compared to Showers who got hit once and was completely off on his throws. Then gets hurt the one play in the second half that I let him play after benching him.

Setting the Pass Rush slider to 100 and the Pass Block slider to 0 generates a pass rush

But seriously, even then, you could get the pass off with the right read. I'm now seeing why it's "impossible" to get a pass rush on default settings -- there are limitations in the engine that are influencing things.

I'm working on a set of sliders that will be good for user vs user games and user vs cpu. I think I've gotten the pass rush and kicking game where I want it. Everything else is still in the works.

OB, out of curiosity, how are you testing the User/User side? Me and G were talking last night and couldn't come up with an easy way to test validity of User/User sliders.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    OB, out of curiosity, how are you testing the User/User side? Me and G were talking last night and couldn't come up with an easy way to test validity of User/User sliders.
    I am testing/tuning with two controllers in both practice and play now modes. Once I get a set I am happy with I'll have someone create an OD so we can test as a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    I'll have someone create an OD so we can test as a group.
    I can run it, if I'm around.

It's going to be tough to come back against these Heisman numbers for Barkley:

Matt Barkley
    QB | SR | USC Trojans (1-2)
    USC
    LAST WEEK
    Lost at Ohio State (27-37)
    22-36, 258 Yds, TD, 2 Car, 65520 Yds

SEASON STATS
    54-110, 734 Yds, 6 TD, 9 Car, 65480 Yds

Ugh....looks like I'll have to work on the Doak Walker and defensive awards....lol

Did Barkley run to Ohio from LA?

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Did Barkley run to Ohio from LA?
    Twice

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    Lost at Ohio State (27-37)
    22-36, 258 Yds, TD, 2 Car, 65520 Yds
    According to the Player Stats for USC vs Ohio State, none of those numbers are right. What the hell?

It's -15, I think ... still fucking funny though.

Am I the only one who has thrown in the towel on user control of a FS or LB?

I suck at it this yr...i make on bad mistake a gm...plus base pass rush pisses me off

Quote Originally Posted by nykia31 View Post
    Am I the only one who has thrown in the towel on user control of a FS or LB?

I suck at it this yr...i make on bad mistake a gm...plus base pass rush pisses me off
    As you saw in our game, I stick to controlling SS1. Primarily I do that because I want to control someone that can make a tackle and also because Gordon isn't as good at man coverage as my other SS. That said, I've never felt comfortable playing the FS simply because he's too far away from the ball and is generally in deep coverage. With a LB or SS, I can take away the short routes, but LBs have lower AGI so it's tougher to control them this year.

Of note though, I very rarely ever user control DL... I'm just not well-versed at making moves, controlling gaps, etc. like I would want to. But that's why I love the 335... yeah, you have to call a lot of blitzes, but it has a lot of unique looks to it that you can do it without tipping your hat.