Page 102 of 148 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 2951

Thread: Powerhouse OD - General Discussion Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Sounds good to me.

Works for me.

I'll be going out of town tonight and won't be back until Sunday evening. I should be able to do preseason from the web tomorrow during the day, otherwise I'm good.

Good here.

Sliders and stuff, we have determined what we were going to use?

Also, would like to know what snoop asked plus the other things like gameplanning, talking people into staying and whatnot.

I'm working on sliders today, that's what may cause the delay in getting the OD up by tonight. As for game planning I'm torn on since its hard to administer.

Saturday is good for me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    I'm working on sliders today, that's what may cause the delay in getting the OD up by tonight. As for game planning I'm torn on since its hard to administer.
    Heisman or AA?

Also for game planning, I don't know what to think about it. I will side with the majority. I have typically stayed clear of even pass commit last year and the start of this years game but the last 2 games I have pass committed when I felt a pass play was called and I felt like my defense played much more aggressive on the ball. Not sure if that is or isn't something we want in this OD but that is my 2 cents....ok 1.5 cents

OB, you should be able to start the OD and just make sure you change sliders by Week 1.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Personally I don't care on the gameplanning stuff. I don't think many of us actually abuse the bad ones. At least from the past 3 years worth of user games I haven't noticed it

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Personally I don't care on the gameplanning stuff. I don't think many of us actually abuse the bad ones. At least from the past 3 years worth of user games I haven't noticed it
    Agreed, it's not something that we should have to worry about with this group.

There are instances to use or not use most of the game planning stuff.

From what I've seen playing randoms online and one friend who always has strip ball on aggressive...gameplanning seems to not be a problem this year. People are penalized for having strip ball on aggressive or big hits on aggressive. I have seen RB's break more tackles as a result of defenders always going for the big hit or strip. Also it's no longer a guaranteed strip for the defense. There is a greater risk to using these than last year, so I'm for allowing them. Take that risk if you want to, especially if your players can't play that style.

Based on Escobar's experience, JTS might be the only significant concern.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I still don't like conservative ball carry... I haven't tested it but I know in the past it pretty much eliminated you fumbling at all. To me, if you're in a situation that you're worried about fumbling, you should put your best ball-carrier in.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I still don't like conservative ball carry... I haven't tested it but I know in the past it pretty much eliminated you fumbling at all. To me, if you're in a situation that you're worried about fumbling, you should put your best ball-carrier in.
    Yeah without the defense having aggressive strip turned on there is basically no way you will fumble the ball with carry set to conservative. Even then it only happens once in a blue moon and they actively have to be trying to user strip as well.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I agree with this and also would like to know how turning "pass defense" to aggressive effects how DB's play. I would like to know if they go "superhuman" when it is.

So my suggestion is to leave the off and def adjustments on default unless you are trying to run down the clock\make a comeback.

BTW, what game speed are we looking at using?

I just played a game with the sliders Escobar posted a page or so back and they weren't bad:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...n-sliders.html

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    I just played a game with the sliders Escobar posted a page or so back and they weren't bad:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...n-sliders.html
    I've played a few games with those sliders too. Haven't had any complaints with them.