Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2011 Week 8 College Games

• Facebook
  • Display
    T.Y. HILTON! You can't stop him, you can only hope to contain him.

And that's the game. FIU needs to get a goddamn defense. And STOP with the stupid ass penalties!

Arkansas State finally started opening their playbook in the second half. Loved the fake "Reggie Fish" play (we ran the real version earlier in the season), but then also expanded our running game by motioning the TE around. That and finally hit one of our tall receivers in the endzone on a fade (though expected him to be called for interference). Defense made sure that the Pink Panthers couldn't show up in the fourth quarter.

Big win for the Red Wolves... we're now up front in the conference race with ULL. We've got UNT & FAU next two games so hopefully we don't stumble in either of those so that it sets up a big conference game as we host ULL after that.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Loved the fake "Reggie Fish" play
    That play and the fake are damn cool plays. That's what I LOVE about College Football.

Tyrann Mathieu, Tharold Simon, and Spencer Ware both suspended for Auburn game. Not sure if it means Auburn will be able to win now or not but certainly makes a pretty big difference.

"4:30 PM ET Marshall at No. 25 Houston"

At the risk of seeming picky UH is 21st in the AP, 20th in the SID, and 19th in the BCS rankings.
    Last edited by coogrfan; 10-21-2011 at 01:05 PM.

Man. Just heard that one of Louisville's players broke his neck in tonight's game with Rutgers. He's not paralyzed and still has full feeling and movement in his extremities.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Man. Just heard that one of Louisville's players broke his neck in tonight's game with Rutgers. He's not paralyzed and still has full feeling and movement in his extremities.
    Thank goodness, this coming from someone that knows exactly what it is like to have a broken neck

12 screws and 3 plates later, I'm cleared to play football or hockey if I wanted to but I thought I was lucky enough.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ve-completions

ANNAPOLIS, Md. -- East Carolina quarterback Dominique Davis has set two NCAA records for successive pass completions.

Davis completed his first 26 passes against Navy on Saturday, breaking the single-game record of 23 set by Tee Martin of Tennessee in 1998 and tied by Aaron Rodgers of California in 2004.

After going 26 for 26 for 251 yards in the first half against Navy, Davis missed his first pass attempt in the third quarter.

Davis, a 6-foot-3 senior, completed his final 10 passes last week against Memphis, giving him 36 straight completed passes -- eclipsing the season mark of 26 set by Rodgers in 2004.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

Lets Go Trojans! Beat the shit out of the irish!

WOW what a hail mary by Michigan State to beat Wisconsin.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

Death to Wisconsin!

And Oklahoma's getting their asses whooped, losing to Tech 31-7 in the early 3rd quarter.

First off congrats to Texas Tech. Some things I would like to get off my chest.

Recruit the best kicker in the country this year, I do not care how much he costs.
    Bob, your goalie offense/short yardage offense/red zone offense cost you another game. It cost you a National Title against Florida, which I thought would be enough for you to put some emphasis on this.
    Brennan Clay is the most boring RB in all of college football. Just leave Finch in the whole game or hand it off to Millard.

Just clean up some of this mess so we can play spoiler to KSU and OSU.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie

WVU has me baffled. I just don't know what else to say besides, god I can't wait until we recruit a REAL QB.

I think Geno is pretty good, just your defense needs to step up...much like Ole Miss .

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ve-completions

ANNAPOLIS, Md. -- East Carolina quarterback Dominique Davis has set two NCAA records for successive pass completions.

Davis completed his first 26 passes against Navy on Saturday, breaking the single-game record of 23 set by Tee Martin of Tennessee in 1998 and tied by Aaron Rodgers of California in 2004.

After going 26 for 26 for 251 yards in the first half against Navy, Davis missed his first pass attempt in the third quarter.

Davis, a 6-foot-3 senior, completed his final 10 passes last week against Memphis, giving him 36 straight completed passes -- eclipsing the season mark of 26 set by Rodgers in 2004.
    Oct 8, 2011
    ECU 3
    Houston 56

Just sayin' ...

In other news, here are a couple of statistical nuggets from Sat night's Marshall-UH game:

UH finished with more points (63) than plays (57);

More proof that ToP is overrated--Marshall controlled the ball for 42:45, but lost by 35. The fact that Houston avg'd over 10 yds per snap may have had something to do with that...