Thread: 12: Season 2 Week 4

• Facebook
  • Display

12: Season 2 Week 4

No UvU games this week; deadline is 10/1.

Arkansas State (1-1) at Memphis (1-1)
    Last week, the Red Wolves won 44-17 at San Jose State (0-1)
    In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Arkansas State targets.

Army (0-1) vs Ball State (0-2)
    Last week, the Black Knights had a bye week
    In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Army targets.

Hawai'i (1-1) at Western Kentucky (0-2)
    Last week, the Warriors won 48-43 at BYU (0-2)
    In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Hawai'i targets.

Temple (1-1) at Rice (0-1)
    Last week, the Owls had a bye week
    In recruiting news, the following Temple targets announced their decisions:
    FB Gary Bolden Tem

FIU (1-0) vs #13 Georgia (2-0)
    Last week, the Golden Panthers had a bye week
    In recruiting news, there were no commitments by FIU targets.

UL Monroe (1-1) vs #5 LSU (2-0)
    Last week, the Warhawks won 28-27 vs. Baylor (1-1)
    In recruiting news, there were no commitments by UL Monroe targets.

San Jose State (0-1) vs #9 Stanford (1-1)
    Last week, the Spartans lost 44-17 vs. Arkansas State (1-1)
    In recruiting news, the following San Jose State targets announced their decisions:
    TE Rory Keyes SJSU

#21 Miami University (2-0)has a bye week
    Last week, the RedHawks won 24-20 at Boise State (2-1)
    In recruiting news, there were no commitments by Miami University targets.

UL Lafayette (1-1) at Tulane (1-0)
    Last week, the Ragin' Cajuns had a bye week
    In recruiting news, there were no commitments by UL Lafayette targets.

North Texas (0-2)has a bye week
    Last week, the Mean Green lost 41-10 at Kansas State (2-0)
    In recruiting news, there were no commitments by North Texas targets.

Gah! I stopped checking for an advance at like 9 last night haha. I'll get this in...probably within the next 5-6 hours, Georgia is gonna run wild on me!

Quote Originally Posted by DariusLock View Post
    Gah! I stopped checking for an advance at like 9 last night haha. I'll get this in...probably within the next 5-6 hours, Georgia is gonna run wild on me!
    And Stanford put 77 on my defense last year I think so I'm not looking forward to this matchup again

Arkansas State defeats Memphis 42-21 but in the process lose two players for the season. Backup QB Phillip Butterfield saw action when starter Ryan Aplin went down for a quarter but in the process, Butterfield fractured his foot which will cause him to miss the remainder of the season. Later in the game, starting HB Frankie Jackson went down to a similar injury forcing him to the sidelines through the rest of the season.

The loss of Butterfield is tough but acceptable, it will just cause the Red Wolves to consider their playcalls differently to ensure that Aplin doesn't become injured; now backing up Aplin is true Freshman Chad Jackson at 53 OVR. The loss of HB Frankie Jackson brings into question what the Red Wolves do in their backfield; options include Jr HB Jacob Alexander, SoRS HB SirGregory Thornton, and SrRS FB Andre Smith. Alexander is a bruising runningback that was brought in as an under center rushing threat whereas Thornton is more of a speedster back similar to Jackson. Smith becomes an option if the Red Wolves just decide to tone down the running game even further than what it is... allowing Smith to be less of a running threat and more of a blocking back.

Only time will tell for the Red Wolves as the season progresses but they have a tune-up game against Louisiana Tech next week, before conference play starts, which will allow them a game to find their pace.

Wow! FIU loses 47-38, the running game was shut down except for the opening play after half-time when Mallary took it 77 yards for a TD on a Power play. Jake Medlock had to carry the team today, he shrugged off at least three sacks...and was actually sacked three times. Medlock went 27/48 for 486 yards 3 TD's 3 INT's. If it wasn't for two of the INT's we win. One of them was thrown in the endzone and one was with us driving. FIU also had multiple opportunities late to close the gap and possibly attempt to win, Medlock was getting rattled on 3rd and 4th downs and just slinging the ball. He's just a Sophomore, so we are looking forward to brighter day with him leading FIU.

Coach Lefty Hooks on the game.

"Jake needs to get the crowd out of his head on crucial plays, he just lets it get to him. I know this was on the road in a SEC environment, it was an eye opening experience for Jake and me being my first year leading the O. We called plays that put us in good position, we just have to continue to work on our execution. The running game is really bothering me, the line really needs to step it up. We all saw what happens when you give Darrian Mallary room, 77 yards outrunning SEC defenders...that's something! We have Louisville next week, they have struggled on D a little this year. It's up to the O-line to go out there and take over that field, it all starts with them."

"WE ARE ALSO ASKING THE D TO IMPROVE! I mean....come on man! You got a team who has put up over one thousand yards in two games on two great teams! Give us a little help the rest of the year and we will get some quality wins!

San Jose loses 51-14 to stanford but the team played well just got hurt by the points off of turnovers21-0 as each team had 3 turnovers.

Varsity
    Lsu put a whoopin on me. Ready to move on.

Deadline is tonight... I'm calling it an early night so you have until I get up sometime in the morning to get your game in if you haven't already.