Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2011 Week 5 College Games

• Facebook
  • Display
    Worse than the "0" on the scoreboard are the stats. 116 total yards and only 22 yards rushing.

Griffin's first INT of the year dooms Baylor. Though, they scored enough points to get the win. The D wasn't there.

Western Michigan wins at Connecticut 38-31
    Last edited by cdj; 10-01-2011 at 06:25 PM.

I thought Baylor had it but KSU D showed up.

TCU scores 23 4th quarter points to take it to OT... and they lose to SMU 40-33

South Carolina runs out of time against Auburn. Sure looked like they had a second or two on the clock.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Miss. St. drops to 0-3 in the SEC. Most disappointing team in the country?
    idk Boston College is making a strong run for that, their 1-4 right now with losses to Northwestern, UCF, Duke, and Wake Forrest, and their only win coming against UMass.

Quote Originally Posted by BCEagles View Post
    idk Boston College is making a strong run for that, their 1-4 right now with losses to Northwestern, UCF, Duke, and Wake Forrest, and their only win coming against UMass.

Forgot about them. Arizona is another (1-4, 0-3).

Well, the Air Force-Navy game made for a depressing start to the weekend, but Florida International doing their best to salvage it right now. Wayne Times with a 34 yard TD reception to put FIU up 27-17 over Duke with 13:30 left to play in the game.

Fuck. Duke responds with a 54 yard pass to get down inside the FIU 10 yard line with a single play.

GODDAMNIT!!!

Thanks to Florida International's defense decided to spend the final 13 minutes of the game with their heads up their goddamn asses, as well as Navy losing to the Zoomies, this just became an extremely depressing weekend. Time to get fucked up on Courvoisier. See you all on Tuesday when I come out of my coma.

Duke wins three in a row.

On the bright side Cornhusker fans, you got Ohio State at home next week. We can go ahead and chalk up your first B1G win.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Time to get fucked up on Courvoisier. See you all on Tuesday when I come out of my coma.
    Catch you when you wake up PDiddy.

South Carolina runs out of time against Auburn. Sure looked like they had a second or two on the clock.
    I wouldn't have mattered, they deserved to lose the way they played tonight. SOS needs to sit Garcia's ass down for the rest of the season. He just doesn't have it this year. Not that Conner Shaw is any better but it's time for a change.

Miss. St. drops to 0-3 in the SEC. Most disappointing team in the country?
    I like this!

Ole Miss finally gives me a good game on offense tonight! Randall Mackey shows why he should have been starting the whole season. Donte Moncrief, Tobias Singleton, and Nick Brassell are some of the best true freshmen wide receivers I've seen in awhile.

Yes! My Rangers won 8-6 tonight.

Thumbs down

South Carolina forced to abandon ‘Wounded Warrior’ jerseys after warmups.

South Carolina was forced to change its jerseys prior to today's game against Auburn because the officials were having difficulty reading the numbers.

The Gamecocks were sporting their new Under Armour "Wounded Warrior" camouflage uniforms during warmups when officials raised concerns based on conference rules, according to South Carolina spokesman Steve Fenk. The Gamecocks switched to their home black jerseys but kept their new pants, shoes and other accessories.

The jerseys will still be auctioned off Monday with the funds going to Under Armour's "Believe in Heroes" campaign. Texas Tech and South Florida also will be wearing the "Wounded Warrior" jerseys this year.

Although Under Armour provided a release about the South Carolina jerseys, it did not say whether modifications would have to be made for Texas Tech, which will be wearing its uniforms against Oklahoma State on Oct. 12, or South Florida, which will be wearing their uniforms against Miami on Nov. 19.

Well, my Golden Eagles let Rice hang around, giving them 14 points off of fumbles returned for TDs. We put up 48 but we HAVE to cut down on mistakes if we're going to win the division and/or conference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats to your Rangers, bdoughty.

Quote Originally Posted by NatureBoy View Post
    South Carolina forced to abandon ‘Wounded Warrior’ jerseys after warmups.

South Carolina was forced to change its jerseys prior to today's game against Auburn because the officials were having difficulty reading the numbers.

The Gamecocks were sporting their new Under Armour "Wounded Warrior" camouflage uniforms during warmups when officials raised concerns based on conference rules, according to South Carolina spokesman Steve Fenk. The Gamecocks switched to their home black jerseys but kept their new pants, shoes and other accessories.

The jerseys will still be auctioned off Monday with the funds going to Under Armour's "Believe in Heroes" campaign. Texas Tech and South Florida also will be wearing the "Wounded Warrior" jerseys this year.

Although Under Armour provided a release about the South Carolina jerseys, it did not say whether modifications would have to be made for Texas Tech, which will be wearing its uniforms against Oklahoma State on Oct. 12, or South Florida, which will be wearing their uniforms against Miami on Nov. 19.
    That stinks, but based on this pic I can see the issue:

UA should have known better from the get go.