Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 12 Update from EA SPORTS

• Facebook
  • Display
    awesome, feel free to e-mail me or whatever with any questions. if someone at EA wants to talk to me via phone or IM when I am at my xbox I can do that as well when not at work.

Quote Originally Posted by keyser soze View Post
    awesome, feel free to e-mail me or whatever with any questions. if someone at EA wants to talk to me via phone or IM when I am at my xbox I can do that as well when not at work.
    K... I'll keep that option open but I imagine they'll end up doing all of the digging on the server-side to discover the fix. They may already be aware of how to easily fix it, just have to be alerted to the user accounts that experience the issue, obviously not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    A little from column A and column B. Do you think the constant pestering of gschwendt will get you a reply sooner? Dude will get you an answer when he gets an answer and you should be lucky someone is trying to help. Repeating the same whinny comments and little jabs is just tiring. We could make a drinking game around how many times you posted about "working around the clock" but we would all end up dead from alcohol poisoning. Patience is a virtue, try it.

While I agree with you guys on his constant over exaggeration on the term "working non-stop" is tiring, you have to admit without him posting the forum would only have about 20 post a day one about every couple of hours, and they would be inside the non-football related forums.

Unless g says something about keyzer pestering him then frankly its not our concern. Maybe the guy doesn't have anything else to play, maybe he doesn't want anything else to play, there is always the ignore button that is actively used on Ram. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    While I agree with you guys on his constant over exaggeration on the term "working non-stop" is tiring, you have to admit without him posting the forum would only have about 20 post a day one about every couple of hours, and they would be inside the non-football related forums.

Unless g says something about keyzer pestering him then frankly its not our concern. Maybe the guy doesn't have anything else to play, maybe he doesn't want anything else to play, there is always the ignore button that is actively used on Ram. LOL
    The funny thing that people don't realize is that people that are happy with sports games don't post much after the first 1-2 weeks of a game's release. The majority of threads and comments about a game after release are people that are unhappy with a particular part of the game. The unhappy person posts a thread and then the community debates its merits. Rinse and repeat. Often times I see the happy people growing bitter over the "negative" posts and threads but without them the forum is almost dead because happy people don't start many threads. It's true at almost any site.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    The funny thing that people don't realize is that people that are happy with sports games don't post much after the first 1-2 weeks of a game's release. The majority of threads and comments about a game after release are people that are unhappy with a particular part of the game. The unhappy person posts a thread and then the community debates its merits. Rinse and repeat. Often times I see the happy people growing bitter over the "negative" posts and threads but without them the forum is almost dead because happy people don't start many threads. It's true at almost any site.
    I agree Rudy, even now we don't get much in terms of the X & O with this game, how weird would that be to get a happy thread like " This game is perfect" LOL

I wouldn't know how to take that.

Well thanks oweb26 for "having my back" so to speak! LOL. If anyone goes back and reads my posts they will see that I have stated on several occasions that this game is the BEST in the series by far, is the most fun we have ever had in our dynasty, and it is indeed the ONLY video game that I play. So my buddy and I are really bummed that our dynasty got halted after 4 seasons and there doesn't seem any way to fix the problem. We can not even start a NEW one and scrap the old one which seriously blew my mind when that failed. Had someone bet me that after deleting everything on my xbox that has to do with NCAA football that I still would not have been able to create a new dynasty I would have lost my shorts. Another reason that I have been posting more is because I can't play the game. So at times when I have time to play and I look over at my xbox, I log on here to see what's up. Had my OD work, I would have just played my game.

My big push to try to get this resolved is because after the real college football season ends I just never have much of a drive at all to play a college football game. So I would like it fixed now. And when I say "fixed", unlike most people, I am not asking for game play changes, enhancements, etc... I just want to be able to play the dynasty again.... that is all! IMO it's a strange world that we now live in that I can get berated for continuing to ask when this fix that is totally hindering me from playing the game will happen when EA has had over a month now to fix it.

gscwendt, got a reply e-mail today from EA. Already replied to it. Is it just me or is there no phone number if I want to take that option that they give to call them instead of replying with e-mail?

Cut and pasted here:
    Hello Russ,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts Customer Support regarding your NCAA 12 Dynasty Mode error. I do apologize for any delay in my response. Your issue has been forwarded to our Escalation Team for further review. I have been assigned to your issue and would be happy to assist you in this matter.

What is your Xbox 360 Gamer Tag?

What is the exact error message?

How often do you receive the error message?

If you need further assistance please reply to this e-mail or contact our phone support at the number below. You may also find additional support on our website at www.support.ea.com

Best Regards,
    Demarcus D.
    Electronic Arts Escalations Expert

gscwendt, got a reply e-mail today from EA. Already replied to it. Is it just me or is there no phone number if I want to take that option that they give to call them instead of replying with e-mail?
    I imagine that line at the bottom about "need further assistance" is one that's automatically added to all outbound emails and since he's part of the Escalations group, they likely don't have a direct number you can call.

I would go ahead and reply and for the "how often" question, just explain that in all of the ODs that you've attempted, if you try to make any changes to your team, do any recruiting, change your coaching philosophy, etc. it gives Transfer Failed. However, if you play a game or set Ready to Advance, it does successfully save it.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I imagine that line at the bottom about "need further assistance" is one that's automatically added to all outbound emails and since he's part of the Escalations group, they likely don't have a direct number you can call.

I would go ahead and reply and for the "how often" question, just explain that in all of the ODs that you've attempted, if you try to make any changes to your team, do any recruiting, change your coaching philosophy, etc. it gives Transfer Failed. However, if you play a game or set Ready to Advance, it does successfully save it.
    already did that before I posted here. I was simply passing this along to you because I figured this was your doing.

Any by the way, thanks for your help. I hope to play my OD again very soon! Thanks.

already did that before I posted here. I was simply passing this along to you because I figured this was your doing.

Any by the way, thanks for your help. I hope to play my OD again very soon! Thanks.
    If it's related to me contacting them, I'm not aware of it. I assume it's coincidence but hopefully one of the two channels is able to get it corrected.

Dewiel, is there any progress on the TRANSFER FAILED issue?

I’ve spoken to members of the development team and they are looking to address some of the transfer failed issues as part of title update #4, along with some additional items yet to be communicated.

Keyser, I believe this update will correct your particular issue but obviously can't be certain until it's released. Still don't know an exact time-table on the update but it sounds like if you're willing to wait for a little bit longer, you'll be able to continue your current OD.

im kind of excited they are actually willing to do another patch..... that's good news

based on the legth of time to get these other patches out i figured they would just forget about it and move on to marketing next years super duper new features [that wont work]

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I’ve spoken to members of the development team and they are looking to address some of the transfer failed issues as part of title update #4, along with some additional items yet to be communicated.

Keyser, I believe this update will correct your particular issue but obviously can't be certain until it's released. Still don't know an exact time-table on the update but it sounds like if you're willing to wait for a little bit longer, you'll be able to continue your current OD.
    Well if you recall I can't start a new one if I wanted to. Just disappointed that I didn't get any sort of follow-up by tier 3. Getting a form e-mail kind of stinks after the time I put in with them on the phone and all this. Patch 4 at the end of the college football season will be pretty useless. Perhaps if nothing else this will be some sort of lesson to them moving forward.... one can only help.

Thanks for the update gschwendt

Dewiel, is there any progress on the TRANSFER FAILED issue?
    As Tommy said, we are looking to address some of the transfer failed issues as part of title update #4, along with some additional items yet to be communicated. I wish I had more information to share, but at this point, this is all I have. I also know that you guys are sick of me saying that the team is constantly working on this, but that is still the case. I'll update you guys once I have more information to share.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewiel View Post
    As Tommy said, we are looking to address some of the transfer failed issues as part of title update #4, along with some additional items yet to be communicated. I wish I had more information to share, but at this point, this is all I have. I also know that you guys are sick of me saying that the team is constantly working on this, but that is still the case. I'll update you guys once I have more information to share.
    Dewiel, thanks for update. Can you hazard a guess as to when we will have the patch to download on xbox? We are in week 8 of the college football season in real life of 13 weeks. Just wondering how much life will be left.

I hope update #4 fixes the option from Pistol/SG that they broke in update #2 (I'm referring to the issue where the speed and load options from Pistol/SG has the QB step towards the LOS, think it may be the zone read animation). Also, something with the gameplay just hasn't seemed as crisp since #2, almost like there is lag or something (these are games v CPU).

Separately, I recently moved from AA to Heisman and have noticed the following:
    - Defensive assist doesn't work - is this disabled in Heisman?
    - CPU defensive players seem to freeze in place more than they did in AA
    - KR/PR much easier on Heisman oddly enough, I mean noticeably so (think I rem reading this after game release)

Played two games in the last day after taking a good chunk of time off. Maybe it's just me but there seem to be a lot more fumbles and dropped passes (I haven't modified my sliders since the patch). I was #3 in the country playing #5 Oklahoma at home. I had FOUR FUMBLES (2 from hits on my QB and two from my starting RB). I ALSO HAD 9 DROPS... 5 from my 90 ovr WR. I was blown out 55-20 in one of my biggest ever losses in the NCAA series. Don't get me wrong, I love that I lost; it's just that it feels cheap. The cpu had zero fumbles and only one drop. In my second game I had two QB fumbles and six drops against FIU.

Hooooooooooooooly CRAP, what a total F'ing JOKE! EA is 10000% JOKE and I am tired of pulling punches. I decided to call them today and check on my Case# and see how/if anything was becoming of it since a "tier 3" guy has had it for a few weeks now. And guess what? Guess what I am told right off the bat when she can not find my case number anywhere? This lady tells me that they recently moved all their cases to a new server and every single one of their existing cases were DELETED/ERASED/GONE! HAHAHAHAHAHA, what a freaking joke. She begins to assure me that if I will just take the time to tell her my problem she is confident that she can look it up and solve it for me while I am on the phone..... A-M-A-ZING!!!!! So I set on the phone with her for a while, yeah, I am an idiot, while she continues to put me on hold and probably play a game on her computer or laugh at my expense with her co-works!

Simply baffling.... again, this lady on the phone = NICE, her company and the lies they spew (including her on the phone as she ASSURES me they will get this take care of promptly) is just despicable!

Cut and pasted here:
    Hello Russ,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts Customer Support regarding your NCAA 12 Dynasty Mode error. I do apologize for any delay in my response. Your issue has been forwarded to our Escalation Team for further review. I have been assigned to your issue and would be happy to assist you in this matter.

What is your Xbox 360 Gamer Tag?

What is the exact error message?

How often do you receive the error message?

If you need further assistance please reply to this e-mail or contact our phone support at the number below. You may also find additional support on our website at www.support.ea.com

Best Regards,
    Demarcus D.
    Electronic Arts Escalations Expert

Anyone that expects anything but a circle jerk from any company's tech support number is kidding themselves. Call Center morons will never be of any help.